Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

BG Order Status

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  synoil 
#1 ·
My Alpine was ordered on 10/26/2012 and as of today its still in BG Status and this starting to make me concerned. I contacted the salesman but he is making it seem like its normal for it to stay in that status for awhile but when i contacted Jeep they tell me something different. Can anyone give me some advice on how long it should stay in BG ???

#2 ·
There were orders in BX status for months when ordering first came out. BG is nothing to be concerned with. It can be in that state for a while until they fit it into the production schedule.

#3 ·
BG order status probably means that either the Alpine production for 2013 models has concluded or that the dealer is waiting for allocation. I thought I read on the other site that the only way to find a 2013 alpine edition was to find one that a dealer already had or that was in transit. Hopefully your dealer comes through for you. I remember the whole order process last year, very frustrating, but was finally worth it when my SRT arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#4 ·
well looks like my order isn't getting picked up. dealer seems to think now its not gonna be a problem to locate me one just like i want but ive lost my confidence.

#5 ·
looks like I'm gonna have to take a Panoramic roof instead of the rear entertainment like i had wanted. But on a positive note this one is already getting ready to ship....

#6 ·
The Jeep dealer near me had a '13 Alpine in his lot.
this was several days ago. Located in Detroit suberbs.
If interested let me know and I will call over there as see
if it' still around.
Sounds like your dealer never ordered the car as he had no
allocations left. Chevy dealer did this to me on a new '08 Vette
order. I kept track on the order status and ended up demanding
my downstroke back after 4-5 weeks of no order activity. They do this
to get you to come down and pick up a car they have on the lot already
at a higher price. My advice on ordering cars like Vettes, SRT'8s and such
is that the dealer has only so many he will get in a given model year.
Demand to know that the dealer has the allocation before you order.
Good luck,
Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.