Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

turning up boost and going to the track next month

13K views 139 replies 24 participants last post by  TTJames 
#1 ·
Well I decided to get my fuel hat from Skip so that I can turn up the boost and go she what she can do at the track next month.

I need some pointers as to should I run in 2 wheel drive or all wheel drive please? I will run on two tunes, 850 pump gas and 1000 race gas.

I have a wavetrac rear fyi, paramount tranny, etc. Should I launch at idle first and then go up to 2k next? Do I autostick it or leave in D?

anyone know where to get some race rims from? Anyone making them?

Guys with track experience please chime in!

Jim

#46 ·
After having spent a few bucks for my build, It's a tough call for me. When it runs good...OH YEAH !!!!! because there's nothing like it. The feeling of a 9-sec pass in a jeep is very special.

BUT.... As has been said time and again, be ready to deal with the headaches. At that power level When things go bad they do so in grand fashion. Putting all the parts in is only the beginning, then you have to find a way for them to play well together
Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#48 ·
jim, get her to the track!!! There was alot of time spent on this kit, like you guys already know. The place i had do the kit is a reputable shop by me. If they knew what it was going to take to make the headers, im sure the final bill would have look muchhhhh larger. The turn around time was nothing like ttc, due to this. I can not nor do i want to even know how many hours was spent on this kit. Id propably feel bad.

#49 ·
I will get her to the track John and by the way she has never seen rain my friend and wont either. Still no fender well liners in the front cause I dont need them, lol. Nice to have the turbos exposed anyways ;).

I plan to work towards my 9 sec slip but thats about it. I dont plan to beat the hell out of her as thats not how I roll. I get my slip to make my point and address "serious" challenges as they come about :). Hopefully nothing will give for awhile. In the future I plan to go with a PWR short block and more stout cam.

But for now she's an amazing jeep and I feel very lucky to own it. Im glad it all worked out with John :). She is represented well!

#54 ·
had a run in with a 700 HP 11 modded CTS-V today. I walked away from him fairly easily and it wasnt at our strongest point in these jeeps as it was from a 40 mph roll and not a dig. A dig would have been much worse for him, lol.

Felt good and real strong though. Turbos must love the colder weather. Its always hot over here so these days are few and far between, lol.

Fuel pumps on the way then new higher boost tunes soon!

**How much boost should it take for my twins to hit 1000 ahwp in your opinions?

#56 ·
Its a 426 stroker I believe George....

#62 ·
Awesome, brother! I've wanted to see this Jeep run for a very long time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#64 · (Edited)
having a little fun in Mexico with the new pumps before she goes off to the tuner. Picking me up some race gas this week :).

This is at the lowest boost setting on pump gas of 700 AWHP (Mustang dyno). Hits the rev limiter when I hit it at 40 using the auto and not shifting it manually for some reason. RPMs just moving too dang fast :)~

http://s482.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=idleruntospeedlimit.mp4
http://s482.photobucket.com/albums/...o SRT8 Jeep/?action=view&current=40mphrun.mp4

#65 ·
Can't see the videos :(

#66 ·
#68 ·
Tells me to sign in to :( YouTube FTW hehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.