Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Moparpalooza 2013 VA caravan

8K views 82 replies 19 participants last post by  immo 
#1 · (Edited)
Moparpalooza is only weeks away and we're going to set up a place in NOVA to caravan to the event. This would also be ideal for those coming up from the South since it's just outside of the event. Hopefully we can also link up with the Northerners so we can ALL roll in together...imagine that go-pro video:eek: Let's make this one for the books boys!:bananahump-slvrathl I'll start a list as well so we have an idea of who's going to come and so we don't leave any stragglers.

UPDATE
Tysons Galleria 2:
2001 International Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102
Upper deck by the Cheesecake Factory

Time: 9 a.m

Location of event:
Koons Tysons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
2050 Chain Bridge Rd, Vienna, Virginia 22182

Attendees:
Chaoul1-Paul's Professional Detailing Service
SemperP-SRT8
Wesley Kay
Ride4life686
srt8gofast

See less See more
Reactions: immo
#3 ·
I'm always down for a caravan. I'm in Franconia/Springfield area.

#6 ·
#12 ·
Galleria works.

Koons, huh? Lol! Whatever you do, DON'T let the service guys near your rig during the event. You'll drive off with conventional oil, limited slip additive in both diffs, and your NV146 filled incorrectly. And don't expect the service director to call you back and fix the situation. (Sorry...I'm finished)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
Lol, I'll be fine after a few more months. That reminds me, I have a couple reviews to write.

Right! There isn't very much room there unless they move ALL of their inventory off the premises. And maybe the GM lots as well.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#15 ·
Galleria by cheesecake factory works for me. There should be plenty of room there on a Sunday for the few of us that are meeting up. Never been to the koons dealership though. Is it that much bigger than the one out in chantilly???

#19 ·
They are adding a Fiat Studio to that same property. The lot will be much smaller once construction begins.

#25 ·
404 RSVPs and Traxxas has sent two Mopar Ram Slash Radio Controlled Trucks for our silent auction. This model has become very hard to locate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#27 ·
Myself and the Maryland crew will be heading down and most likely meet up with you nova people just be ready cause from our ride home from the last meet it was very intense and unforgettable.. Can't wait

#32 · (Edited)
Wait.. you're setting up a caravan from McClean to Tyson's Corner? Thats like setting up a caravan to go across the street when you have an entire STATE that's coming to this event.

You can divide Virginia up into Four major parts. NOVA, which is Fredericksburg and everything north of it; Hampton Roads which is Williamsburg and everything East of it; South/Central which is Richmond and everything South; and Western VA, which is Charlottesville and everything West, including JMU, Tech, and all that coal country out to Wise county.

The interesting part about Virginia is that the FASTEST way for most everyone to get from the South/Central, Western, and Hampton Roads area, is THROUGH RICHMOND.

* The Hampton Roads guys are going to come up 64 through Williamsburg, into Richmond, and then hit 95N.

* There will be 'some' of the Western VA guys, the ones out near Winchester/Manasas/WV state line that will not go 95, but instead take 66, but that will be a small amount. Oilvillle, Charlottesville, Afton Mountain, Waynesboro, Lynchburg, Roanoke and all the others, are going to take 64 W to Richmond, and then hit 95N.

*Everyone down in Farmville, South Boston, and even some of the guys in The Suffolk area are going to beat across to Emporia and hit 95N, again, coming through Richmond up the main corridor.

So with this in mind, the most logical place for a meet-up of the entire state, is Richmond, or at least the gateway to NOVA, which is Fredericksburg. If I would suggest a spot (that of course is super convenient for me), is the Village Square Mall, I95 Exit 130 Rt 3 Plank Road. Its a huge mall with a Costco attached to the side, and its right off the itnerstate, less than 1/4 mile from the exit, heck its ON the interstate. Lots of places to eat and plenty of places to park.

this would make for a "Legit" caravan, from there about 1 hour (+/-) depending on traffic, to Koon's in Tyson's Corner. If traffic is light, lots of highway and HOV-age to have fun. Meet-up would be between 0730-0800. Burger King right next door has your Sausage Croissanwhich.

But this is for anyone not already In NOVA.

#33 ·
#34 ·
Yeah I was #267... just put my PayPal in like five minutes ago.

#36 ·
Bump for meeting time. We're going to shoot for 9 so it will give ample time for everyone to get there in case people get lost and to chat and whatnot. Plan to head out around 9:50-10.

#39 ·
#38 ·
navyavi469, when do you think you will be passing by Ft Belvoir? (exit 166)

#40 ·
I'll be leaving the Fredericksburg COSTCO at 7:45am, which is at exit 130. Probably pass Ft. Belvoir just before hopping onto 295 at 8:30, with the intent to arrive in Maclean shortly before 9. I'm not a saturday commuter, so I can't estimate traffic. Hopefully the HOV will be open to all traffic.

#43 ·
280 cars registered!!!

Today is the last day to register and be eligible to win one of 36 Hemi hats. We will pick winners randomly.

#44 ·
Also keep in mind I-95 north and south from Fredericksburg to 495 interchange in springfeild has been very jacked up due to construction.

#45 ·
292 Mopars paid & registered! Can we hit 300 tonight folks?

#46 ·
Update!!!! We only have about 40 slots left. If you were waiting for the last minute now is the time to register for Moparpalooza.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.