Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My 3000th Post, AND A FEW PICS...

37K views 197 replies 51 participants last post by  Jack_Toepfer 
#1 · (Edited)
My 3000th post. How about that. Chris at TTC must have noticed my post count and decided to have some fun. Can't imagine why, but an impressive number of onlookers took interest. For that reason, I'll add some photos to my 3000th post to at least make it entertaining and not a total loss.

As it turns out, I am trying a new thing or two in the engine bay, Sony A55 and others at work...

Casting sig for...

a alum new block, still in the wrapper

block upskirt, nice mains...

Carillo rods

that will connect to Ross pistons

one ring to squeeze them all...

new jeep fuel hat from Fixer Dave Sawin - triple 340s, billet basket set up for a-n fittings -10 out and -6 in.

high tech fuel squirters from ID

Intermission - Tech tip - If anyone was curious about the rocker bones/head straps part numbers - 6.1 vs apache, they really are a little different...

Speaking of heads, here's the port job on some Apache heads now, with Ferrera 8mm whizbang valves to be backcut and angled, springts, retainers, keepers and guides of suitable spec. Sorry no pics yet., well, maybe one or two...

intake port

exhaust port

chamber clean up

The Techco twin screw should really like a new 4.18x bore block and ported apache heads.

Then again, maybe I could change the lungs, while the engine's out and all...

Cool gadget, but what's it for.....

To control all of this...

Twin Turbo Creations 67/66 ball bearing billet ball buster balls out Jeep turbo kit.

Coated image...

Thanks Chris, with all the success Peter is having with his kit, I am looking forward to bolting this together. The local shop may even let me turn a bolt or two on the clamps besides just holding the flashlight. ;)

Gonna need a new intake manifold...

Also had it ported and machined a beer keg intake to accept a 90mm...

and smoothed the runners and bosses so the air will flow....

Can't have cold turbos..., Chris, the coating done yet?

and I guess I'll need a new badge...

Probably need a Techco for sale thread, too.

So there's the grocery list. Been quietly accumulating for months, which has in itself been lots of fun, especially with a number of different folks competitively running low numbers with turbo kits this summer. Now am running out of things that we don't have. Once heads are completed and delivered, a turbo cam of suitable spec will be designed locally in collaboration with Cammotion. Not going in the shop just yet, first will be heading up the highway a bit to Jason Wood of Wizard Racing for some safety. Maybe its all done in time to make FL in January 2013. Or 2015 at this rate.......

See less See more
1 19
#35 ·
That kit is money , bolt on and hold on , very impressive work indeed .

#33 · (Edited)
Impressive packing. Even routed the edges on the lid of the box. An expert carpenter must have built this box. ;)

Wrapping and all was complete.

Tried on one of the turbo shields, though I think it'll do better on the hotside!

Some 2000 deg F ceramic coating on the hotside...

Attachments

#34 ·
Can't wait to see this George :)

#36 ·
It's definitely coming together nicely now. Damn all you TTC builds with your big strokers, I am just a little ole 6.1. Give me a chance would ya?

#37 · (Edited)
Making use of the down time to get some other piping done for the jeep.

Tried something other than black or silver, something closer to the trim. I am very pleased with the results....

Rear hatch view - nice 90 bend on the rear support

ceiling - very snug with no overhead trauma for rear passengers

gusseting ftw

rear bar with tab for 5pt and seat attachment

another ceiling shot sort of disappears...

main hoop junction

door bar

Seat base.....

seat getting fit for me in it...

the seat with embroidered cover

Great work by Jason Wood of Wizard Racing - great turnaround time and exactly what I asked for.

#38 ·
That looks killer , simple and clean .

#40 ·
Wow, that cage looks great! He really did a good job on tucking it away and making it passenger friendly. What is that cage rated to? Care to divulge a price?

#42 · (Edited)
I didn't have them go through the dash, so probably not a full NHRA sticker type cage into the 8s, or even 9's technically. Right now it only runs 10.8s, but maybe when the new groceries are in that will drop a little. As for price, barely in the 2's. Chrome moly, good bends fully tied in across the back under the cargo liner and through to the main hoop. I like that I'll be able to swap out factory seat and use the same 4 bolts to attach the race seat, which will tie in to the harness tab all on one bolt. This was like an interesting oddity for him, though his real customers were really intersted in it once they saw it.

Here's a pic of what his primary work is.

Attachments

#46 ·
Looking awesome George! Can't wait to see the finished product. You going to try to make the trip to Atco?

#49 ·
Can't wait for this :)

#50 · (Edited)
as time draws on...., ordered a cam and prepped the headers for coating. Got some of the crap out of the primaries where the welds attach to the flange.

There was a good bit of crap in there.

Shop was kind enough to blast them for me. Thought they had been spray painted.

Bench racing dyno estimated effect - 80 hp and 20% faster spooling.

Actual HP gain, 4hp and turbos spool .03 of a second faster. LOL... but I'll "feel" much better about it...

Attachments

#60 ·
as time draws on...., ordered a cam and prepped the headers for coating. Got some of the crap out of the primaries where the welds attach to the flange.

There was a good bit of crap in there.

Shop was kind enough to blast them for me. Thought they had been spray painted.

Bench racing dyno estimated effect - 80 hp and 20% faster spooling.

Actual HP gain, 4hp and turbos spool .03 of a second faster. LOL... but I'll "feel" much better about it...
thats what my plan is as well, if theyre already off and easy to do, you'd be crazy not too, love the pics and the build. youre gonna be very pleased with the end result!!

#65 ·
I understand it is in the gas tank but still I'm thinking the draw out of it with this build may not give the bowl time to fully refill. But then again u haven't seen it in person. Looks like the return feeds back into it. Guess its a math game about two flows in one flow out.

#54 ·
Congratulations George. The light at the end of the tunnel is nearing. I wish you the best of luck with your build and can't wait to see the final product.

Reactions: Muellge
#56 ·
Thanks. Let's hope its not a train. Guy doing the heads is very busy with engine builds and has back ups on his work. He gets to them when he can and I don't rush him. For the time he takes to explain things and teach me it is worth the wait because I have an excuse to speak with him. :) Rest of the groceries have been ready for months now. Gives me time to do other things, like angioplasty on the stock headers lol, help spec out the push rods, research cam stuff, get new badges. Shop has had a large Twin Turbo Creations box in their workspace for a while now, so I am thankful for their patience, although it is a high and handy workspace, as you can see the neumatic rotary tool next to the headers;).

#59 ·
How'd you know ;)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.