Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What is needed to run 10's?

5K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Z06-Dave 
#1 ·
I'm a Vette guy taking a break from Vette's.
My last few Vette's ran 9's, but I think a Jeep running 9's will cost even more than a Vette Running 9's.

I think I'd fall asleep driving a stock SRT8 down the track...so...

I'm thinking about buying and building a 10 second SRT 8.

What is needed to achieve my goal.

Supercharger
Exhaust?
Headers?
Converter?
Trans?

What driveline parts break on these Jeeps?

#2 ·
Depending on what you feel like spending of course....

Forged/stroker setup with a bigger blower or turbo setup, Trans with converter will be a must getting there as stock trans is a ticking time bomb over 500-550, Fuel system, LSD at least for the rear to hook with some nice sticky tires for the track. Then consider all the little things that you'll need for the big mods. Also add in things that you stated above, headers, exhaust etc...custom tuning of course with street and race tunes.

Let me know if you need any pricing or have any other questions, we've got a handful of procharger F1A customers that will be running low 10s at the very least in their Jeeps this year.

#6 ·
I would just buy Johns Jeep in that link above, it truly is a work of art & the price is good. You will spend $25k+ easy to run in the mid to low 10's reliably & that's still only 10's. 9's cost bucks & Johns is already there. When you factor the cost of a nice Jeep & than mods his is a good deal.

Jim

#10 ·
I think it depends how many times you want to run 10s
If you just need a 10-sec slip, then go with a stg 6 single
76mm turbo pkg and run a good race gas tune.

That ll cost you 15k - ish

Several on this forum have run10s with just that.

Like said by others, if you want to repeatedly run 10s then you ll need to upgrade driveline too.

If you want to run 10s on pump gas, then throw in $$$ for a forged motor.

The best deal for your dollar is to buy a jeep that's already built.

Mastercraft241 has a built/blown jeep for sale that should run 10s and is priced right in your range. Shoot him a pm

Hemishopjim and jps043 are selling 9 sec jeeps but there's a nice price difference when you get to the 9sec jeeps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 · (Edited)
It all depends how deep into the 10s you are looking to go. Are you looking to go mid-low 10s all day, or just barely squeek into the 10's?

The setup I have will squeek into the 10's on low DA, but for the most part runs mid-low 11's all day.....as long as I hook up.

I have a stock block, stock heads, stock diffs(for now), stock transfer case, FRI Sparrow cam, forged pushrods, upgraded valve springs, ported intake manifold, 85mm throttle body, Procharger D1 @ 8-9 psi, ATI 5% overdrive crank pulley/ballancer, 2800 stall converter, Paramout NAG1 rebuild kit, Paramount stage 2 valve body, Paramount flex plate, Bwoody 1.7" springs, Bwoody sway bar links, Addco sway bars, Stage 6/QA1 adjustable rear shocks, Stage 6 fuel hat, Fore fuel rails, Kooks long tubes w/high-flow cats, Borla S cat-back, NT05/NT05R 275/315 tires, and a Diablosport Trinity with a CMR tune.

I did a quick calculation, and the parts above cost me about $16K-$17K.....not including labor. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

#13 ·
It all depends how deep into the 10s you are looking to go. Are you looking to go mid-low 10s all day, or just barely squeek into the 10's?

The setup I have will squeek into the 10's on low DA, but for the most part runs mid-low 11's all day.....as long as I hook up.

I have a stock block, stock heads, stock diffs(for now), stock transfer case, FRI Sparrow cam, forged pushrods, upgraded valve springs, ported intake manifold, 85mm throttle body, Procharger D1 @ 8-9 psi, 2800 stall converter, Paramout NAG1 rebuild kit, Paramount stage 2 valve body, Paramount flex plate, Bwoody 1.7" springs, Bwoody sway bar links, Addco sway bars, Stage 6/QA1 adjustable rear shocks, Stage 6 fuel hat, Fore fuel rails, Kooks long tubes w/high-flow cats, Borla S cat-back, NT05/NT05R 275/315 tires, and a Diablosport Trinity with a CMR tune.

I did a quick calculation, and the parts above cost me about $16K-$17K.....not including labor. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

Nice build bro!

#14 · (Edited)
Or you could call the company logo listed in my signature and do it on just the motor! I just happen to be selling a set of heads and cam that would do a very good job of getting you part way there in case you're interested.

#22 ·
I see your in PA. Look at my sig.
Theres guys on stock block also running the Stage 6 setup and in the 10's on race gas.
My 10.76 was just showing up at the track, all seats in, street tires, low boost 10#, right off the street....I havent been back to see what it would do since my revisions on the street tune....

#23 ·
money and balls... and lots of money

#28 ·
Once or twice? I don't see it done with drivetrain components needed for less than $15,000. Gotta have a trans. and bolt ins.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.