Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Me vs Top Dog TBSS at STS race possibly

14K views 98 replies 46 participants last post by  jps043 
#1 ·
Some of you may have heard of Martin who has a 9.0 TBSS. It's a pretty sick build. I invited him to come run at the Southern Truck Shootout in a few weeks. First TBSS possibly in the 8's vs me on the bottle shooting for 8's also. He's got a huge weight advantage but I've got the HP advantage. Should be cool if he can make it. Says he's gonna try and make it and I kinda believe him. Would be cool to see him vs. me and we both hit 8's. You never know...... stranger things have happened.

AND THIS IS NOT TO TURN INTO A TBSS BASHING THREAD!!!

I've been lurking over there for a few weeks. Their times are right there with us with I think Eric having the edge in Stroker. I'm still dying for a GCSRT vs. TBSS event. That would be cool as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
TBSS's suck! :silly::fight:

That would be cool as hell if it works out. Good luck on the 8's.

#6 ·
Damn I would love to see this!!!

#8 ·
I'm there Harry! When? I take it that it's at Valdosta?

#14 ·
I now have a terrible picture of Keoni with a cheerleading outfit on...I have to get out of this thread before I have nightmares!

#15 ·
I now have a tantalizing picture of Keoni with a cheerleading outfit on...I have to get out of this thread before I have wet dreams!
Fixed...

:rolleyes:

OP - sounds like a great event ! would love to see this in person but Videos will have to do ( if it goes through ) - Gl on 8's

#38 ·
That's two tenths right there!

#20 ·
I think everything about this is awsome...except for the part about Keoni in a cheer outfit ;) Hey, if things started getting heated at an event and words were exchanged all we would need is Keoni to jump in with his outfit throw a few high leg kicks and some pom-pom shaking and all would be good. Lol. I think TBSS GCSRT8 shootouts would be a frickin riot!

#21 · (Edited)
Martin was going to meet me at the Track in Rockingham the day the Jeep blew up. His laptop took a dump that morning and he called and said he wasn't going to make it. I didn't know he still had his rocket-ship TBSS. Great guy. Should be fun!!

Reactions: TheBRICK
#22 ·
TBSS guys have invited us a few times to run with them, and only a hand full of us show up to those events. Both times that I've gone, once at ATCO and once at Island many TBSS show up and just a few Jeeps!
Hopefully this time a whole lot more show up, especially us with the jeeps.

This is pretty much how it looked at Island...

#23 ·
I believe Martin threw down around the 1220'ish rwhp range Brian with his latest setup. I think he just got it finished up early Nov. He wants to try and get it to a track for some shake down runs before the STS race.

Like I said guys..... this COULD happen, it's not a definite yet. I'll definitely be there. I just hope he can make it. I'm shooting for the 8's regardless. I'm gonna keep turning that damn knob to the right and swapping jets until I pick up an 8 second slip or something breaks dammit!! LOL. Hope he shows though. I think I was the only SUV there last year. Kinda sucked.

#31 ·
Sounds awesome as does a GCSRT8 vs. TBSS event!! Out of curiousity what has he done to his TBSS and what kind of weight advantage does he have? Hope it works out that the race happens but either way good luck and looking forward to seeing that 8 second slip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.