Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New Battery

6K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  1621 
#1 ·
I was curious to know what are the best car batteries to get for our rigs. I've had my battery for about 3 years and I don't think I need to get a new one yet. I think I might have about 2 more years left on the battery life. The Pittsburgh weather does get cold sometimes. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Which billet holder do you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
Going to copy what the 4x4 community is doing but in machined aluminum instead of welded steel,...check out this link for write up / specs / images: This thing locks the battery in position!

http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/tech/adding-a-race-battery-box-to-your-4x4-23714.html

There's a huge number or awesome billet ones available, too many to list but a quick google search will have you spending money pretty quick, some nice stuff available.
"Optima Billet Battery Tray"

#5 ·
I've been researching this for a while.

My OEM one died over a year ago. The quickist/easiest option at the time was put my Yellow Top back into use. It was just on the shelf from a previous dual battery car. Worked great at first but noticed over the summer that it started dying very quickly –*like key on at a car show for 10mins and it won't start. Or not drive it for 3-4 days and it won't start.

Last night, I picked up an EverStart at WalMart for $118 (94R/H7 size – 790CCA). Made by Johnson Controls. Fits perfect, clean look (not white or yellow!)

Now I just need to bring the Yellow Top back to life and make sure there is no parasitic battery drain.

#6 ·
#13 ·
I have the Red Top in my old New Yorker that spends most of its life in the garage. Best battery I've ever had. I'll be replacing my stock Jeep battery with one of those when it dies.

Reactions: First Jeep
#14 ·
Has anybody installed one of these in our truck? Wondering which one folks have used. Their website doesn't show an option for the Cherokees.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#15 ·
Replaced mine last week. Wanted to stay OEM but didn't want white so I went with an AC Delco. Black. Direct replacement in terms of fit. $180 with my discount at Lordco :(

#16 ·
I have a Red Top because of my 1100 watt sound system. It's been just find since installed.

Roll Out!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#18 ·
Those are very cool...but the price of admission needs to drop before I can justify getting one. Maybe on a boat when a single is applicable could I see spending the coin since Tow Boat USA is about $500 per hour...lol. Good stuff!

#19 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Picture of my new RedTop 34R.

I wish there was an automobile application for the BlueTop to stay with my under hood theme.

I replaced the key fob battery at the same time for good measure...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#20 ·
My Optima Red 34R lasted 3 years. Just put in the Optima Yellow 34-78 today. I often play the radio with the motor off when washing; hoping the Yellow's deep cycle capability will let the battery last longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.