Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Brake squealing???

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Cajun SRT8 
#1 ·
I am expecting to pick up my new Rig this coming Monday and can't wait but, being a former WK1 owner I still have nightmares about the last one's awful brake noise. It was the reason I sold the last one so quickly and haven't gotten another since. PLEASE tell me they have fixed this issue and that the only noise I will hear from my car is that exhaust note. Best, C

#2 ·
I had the WK1 as well and was so disappointed with the break squeal. I put ceramic pads on my WK1 and it helped. On the new WK2 there is no squeal! I am so happy about that. I also noticed break dust is much less than on my last WK1. Break dust is also less on the WK2 than on my parents 2 rover sports. The only break issue you will have is that they trow you through the front window when you stomp on them. Also, if you don't burn off the water on them after they get wet, you have to hit the accelerator the next day because they fuse to the rotors (that is no a complaint!). You will love this truck much more than your last one!

#8 ·
I second this. Ride those brakes like they are meant to be ;) I'm at 8k miles with no squeals.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: rconner
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.