Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

coolant hose pop

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  USMC03GRUNT 
#1 ·
This is my first post, and it sucks it has to be in this category. I did a quick search but didn't see what I was looking for, so I guess I need help. I have a 2008 JGC SRT obviously, bought it at 42K on the clock, now have 48K on it, first problem ever, but things fail and I understand that. So my friend has a CTS-V and we were messing around on the Blvd, I smoked him off the line and I'd say the end of what would be a 1/4 mile he caught up and walked away from me, I'm cool with that, lighter and supercharged whatever. But my problem is, the bullsh1t spring clamp on the hose going to the thermostat popped off, causing me to blow coolant. Now I clamped it back up, added a gallon of water, and drove it to where I had to go. The digital temp guage read 215, which is fine, the dash guage in the right hand corner kept bouncing into the read. So I seen this and pulled over, in the digital section it said Trans over heating. The thing shifted fine. Is the sensor not responding propperly because of the pop? Maybe antifreeze spilling all over? I'd hate to bring it to the dealer, but if I have too then so be it. Barbera Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep is the closest. I have an aftermarket warranty through Police and Fire credit union, but still. I plan on changing my clamps to the screw down types, I place a lot more trust in them. I wanted to do a trans flush anyways. Is my jeep fubar'd up?
My mods are a BWoody Intake, Borla exhaust, and a diablo tuner. I really baby this thing as as aposed to my 2010 Camaro SS i traded it in for, If I drove the Jeep first it would of been a rap, no Camaro lol. Just asking for some thoughts...thank you for those who read this long A$$ post.

See less See more
#2 ·
The digital temp in the EVIC is your oil temp. Check to see if the plastic elbow on the top radiator hose is cracked, that is a fairly common problem also. If your going to replace your clamps you also should get the two that run through the fire wall on the passenger side those are known to pop off also. Not to sure why you would be getting a tranny over temp warning but watch that closely, heat will kill the tranny very very fast. Good luck & I hope its nothing too serious.

Jim

#3 ·
do you think the trans was running hotter because the radiator wasn't completely full? since the two are so close together? I'm going to order that one piece hose and slap on some worm clamps to everything coolant related while i can now. Hopefully this is the fix. I also have a 180 jet tstat thats been sitting around that i never threw on. We'll see I guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.