Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Interior Carbon Trim Addition....

26K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  Big Swede 
#1 ·
(yes this has already been posted under the Momo Shift Knob Post, but I wanted make sure others could find the images of the carbon interior if they do a search in the future...)

I've been bothered by the stock silver interior trim on the center console and dash. It seemed very strange to me that Jeep went to the trouble of giving us real carbon trim pieces and not finishing the job elsewhere in the high touch areas of the car.

So as you can see below I decided to finish the job myself. The challenge was finding REAL carbon fiber to match the factory pieces. I reached out to the folks at CarID and they were able to hook me up with what I needed for an extra cost on top of the price quoted for the cheesy faux carbon crap they were peddling.

I'm now much happier with the aesthetics of the interior and feel that it looks much better without the harsh contrast of the bright silver trim.

Also and image of the Black Rear Brow I just installed from Just For Jeeps!

See less See more
#7 ·
#8 ·
I am really digging the carbon fiber trim pieces looks amazing!

#10 ·
two quick questions, how well does the carbon fiber match the OEM carbon fiber (difficult to tell from the pics but looks like there are some subtle differences). and how did you decide to go with remin rather than B&I or sherwood?

#14 · (Edited)
Carbon match

The weave is very close. The only difference is the direction of the weave, which goes in a different angle, but its not distracting. Also these carbon pieces have a thicker plastic coating on them, so they stick up a bit higher than the stock pieces.

As far as the other two companies you mention, I didn't check them out.

#12 ·
Very nice! Both the interior CF work and SRT on the rear look great.

#16 ·
Part numbers, etc...

This Real Carbon Fiber kit was purchased from CarID

Theses are the part numbers and prices:

REMIN® - Basic Kit, 36 Pcs.
Material: (RCF) Real Carbon Fiber) $192.66

Be very careful when ordering. These guys are not used to people ordering the expensive stuff, and they tend to assume you want the faux stuff. Make them repeat back what you order!!!

I also recommend this:

REMIN® - Professional Installation Adhesion Promoter Pen $9.00

The sticks they give you with the kit tend to dry out before you can use them on all the trim pieces.

Also note that this kit was originally built for the standard GC, so there are a few pieces you will not be able to use since the SRT model has some different interior details.

I would call them as opposed to ordering on-line, they're actually pretty good.

#23 ·
Looks slick... Cudos

#24 · (Edited)
I just ordered mine through CARiD.....however, the REMIN Basic kit for the Jeep is backordered about 2 weeks. :(

I did, however, get the MOMO CF shift knob and installed today....looks great!

#26 · (Edited)
Well, after waiting patiently for almost 2.5 weeks, I finally received and installed my Remin CF dash kit and I gotta say I'm rather disappointed.

The quality of the pieces themselves are alright but the fit is just terrible. There are ugly seams and big gaps in some of the pieces (esp. the ones around the air vents), and other pieces don't even extend all the way to the edge of the trim to cover up the silver surface. This is most noticeable in the center dash console and around the air vents. Also, I have no idea why some of the pieces are cut right in the middle which makes for some ugly seams after install. The manufacturer did a terrible job during the scanning process after seeing how all the pieces came together.

I installed 3 other dash kits in the past, and I gotta say this is the worst kit I have yet seen as far as fit, look, and install.

Based on my recent experience with this kit, I suggest anyone interested in WK2 dash kits to look elsewhere.

#27 · (Edited)
Re; Seams and coverage

No there is not total coverage on the edges of the silver trim around the center console because there are curved edges which would be very difficult to cover with the adhesive pieces. I personally dont find the silver edge offensive because their uniform and straight all the way around (if installed correctly).

I do agree that they shouldn't have made the pieces for the air vents that are not one connected piece, and that goes for the large center console piece that surrounds the stereo controls and A/C. I was however able to get the two ends to meet up flush with one another so its not that noticeable. Again, a perfect install is required to get this to work.

I wonder if you you noticed the silver edges around the center console in my photos?

As far as other kits, I wonder if others who have installed those could post some pics of theirs? I would like to see how they address these same areas.

#32 ·
Just installed my Carid trim today, I did not use the trim for the A/C vent surrounds including the center stack so their is consistency across the vent and door pull surrounds.
Good idea.

#41 ·
Ordered a set and now waiting its been a while I hate these slow ship companies. There is no delay on taking your money.

#42 ·
Looks f???en Great, Lovin it. How much did it set you back and will they ship to OZ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.