had mopar exhaust installed [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: had mopar exhaust installed

little leo
09-05-2006, 05:30 PM
had the exhaust installed last week, love the sound. its so pritty lol. no real drone, a little after 80 but nothing really bad. i do feel a diff. it seems it open up the truck alot. but could just be my mind. but the sound at wot is awsome.

Hans from Sweden
09-07-2006, 03:54 AM
I just order Mopars Cat Back, and I hope it will sound good. It takes 3 week to have it here in Sweden. Is the cold air something I should install.??

srt8suv
09-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I just order Mopars Cat Back, and I hope it will sound good. It takes 3 week to have it here in Sweden. Is the cold air something I should install.??
you deff. need one, there are many vendors who offer cold air intakes, check them out.

El Jefe
09-07-2006, 10:14 PM
the intake is easy to install, If you can use a ratchet then give it a try. If you run into problems just sign on here. Its not worth wasting the money to take it to the dealer or some shop.

little leo
09-08-2006, 08:51 PM
i do rec. the cai, i have the mopar one, i like it sounds great. plus it looks reallly nice, the exhaust is awsome, not to loud for daily but if you get on it, it pops. i think its just right. but thats me.though i did notice, i do get less mpg now lol. i was getting 12.5 with just the cai, but with both the exhaust and cai i its down to 12.2 after my second tank, i only use prem, but i also might just be getting on it more lol.

srt8suv
09-10-2006, 10:59 AM
wait till you put the Headers, and then you will really like this 6.1L truck and how it sounds.:D
I have magna flow, and i share with you the same feedback on the Cat-Back

danman_s
09-11-2006, 08:31 AM
How is the interior sound when cruising or lightly accelerating? Volume/aggressiveness?

How is the idle?

srt8suv
09-11-2006, 10:08 AM
How is the interior sound when cruising or lightly accelerating? Volume/aggressiveness?

How is the idle?

if its not almost stock, then i would say its stcok, i didnt feel any differences beside that i can hear the engine more due to the long tube headers.

in terms of sound= stock (but the tone is little different)
in terms of aggress= wow, its amazing:D

danman_s
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
How's the exterior sound?

Actually, where the hell are the damn sound clips :p . A good launch and a driveby are all I ask for, hahaha.

BBLV
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
How's the exterior sound?

Actually, where the hell are the damn sound clips :p . A good launch and a driveby are all I ask for, hahaha.

Yea that, and how rough is the idle? Did it add anything over stock (like a burble? when i put the x-pipe on my CTS-V it gained a "burble" to the idle)?

SRT8
09-13-2006, 04:21 PM
This is what it should sound like: http://www.corsaperf.com/grand_cherokee.htm
Mine is on order, when it's installed I'll let you know what I think.

BBLV
09-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for that.