GSM Supercharger [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GSM Supercharger

srt8suv
08-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Did anyone gets his supercharger kit yet?
We hear so many things.. did anyone install yet ?

GSMSales
08-30-2006, 04:44 PM
We've installed 4 kits. Our first kit will ship Monday.

Did anyone gets his supercharger kit yet?
We hear so many things.. did anyone install yet ?

srt8suv
08-31-2006, 04:01 AM
We've installed 4 kits. Our first kit will ship Monday.

I have heard that some people placed pre-order kits last June. is that right?

Do I need to wait for this much of time to get my kit for example?

GSMSales
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes, this is correct. We're starting to ship all preorders. We should be done with this within 3 weeks or so. At that point, we'll be moving forward with all at once orders.

I have heard that some people placed pre-order kits last June. is that right?

Do I need to wait for this much of time to get my kit for example?

generalconfusion
08-31-2006, 03:04 PM
I read on the other site that sgtstanko personally drove one at GSM and it was a rocket!

rainmaker
08-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I read on the other site that sgtstanko personally drove one at GSM and it was a rocket!

I read that this is Sgtstanko under another name cause he was banned here.... ;)

generalconfusion
08-31-2006, 03:43 PM
I read that this is Sgtstanko under another name cause he was banned here.... ;)

I did not know he was banned???

candyman
08-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I did not know he was banned???
How does one get promoted from Sergeant to General? What happened to lieutenant, captain, major and colonel?

El Jefe
08-31-2006, 06:23 PM
I want more videos! as do other members....I guess we'll have to wait till people get them installed.

srt8suv
09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I want more videos! as do other members....I guess we'll have to wait till people get them installed.

I guess we will need to wait for another 3 weeks from today to see any video post by someone who purchased this SC kit.

srt8suv
09-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Is there anyone who got his Supercharger ?:confused: :confused:
Any numbers ? videos? anything??

srt8suv
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
its amazing that since June till today NO one has received or purchased a kit !!! :confused:

jaybruce
09-20-2006, 05:53 AM
its amazing that since June till today NO one has received or purchased a kit !!! :confused:

not really amazing:

srt8 forum #s
Members: 1,660, Active Members: 733

SRT8 06 sales:

not everyone who bought a kit may be a member here.

FLSRT8
09-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Spoke with one person in south Florida who just had his installed. He says it like night and day and can not believe the power it now has. Mine is being shipped this week and I will be using the same company to install it next week.

MegaSRT-8
09-20-2006, 09:26 AM
What was the install charge? I'm thinking of getting one (for X-mas) and want to know what $$ will be on top of the $7800

red_rides
09-20-2006, 11:19 AM
We all know the upside to the install. Who knows what the downsides are? There has to be some.

I have a '99 Viper and at one point thought about putting a Paxton on it, but after some research I found out that Paxton does not recommend or endorse their Viper kit if you own a '99 model year car. I don't know why, but figured that if they didn't support it, I wasn't going to buy it.

EXTM
09-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Did you guys pay more to get your kit right away?
:confused:

SSRT8
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Dear M5 Killer,

I would like to let you know that I have the VERY first GSM supercharger ever
installed on a jeep. This can be verified by Mr. Q at GSM. I can tell you that
the performance and installation are of the highest caliber. The Novi 1500 unit
provides 8lbs of boost at full throttle. The quality of the parts used in this kit
are outstanding and all factory holes are used except one. This kit along with
the traction control overide and fan mod are mind blowing. I anticipate about
500+ hp to the ground which will be verified by dyno tests coming soon. I am
also looking forward to runs in Fontana with GSM shortly. I can also confirm
that many more new items are coming out for the Jeep shortly from GSM.
Their Magna Flow exhaust kit works great and fit perfectly. The investment
in this kit is well worth the cost. I hope this has answered your questions.

Sincerely,

SSRT8

Dave
09-20-2006, 08:06 PM
How much to have it installed and tuned by GSM ?

Am I correct that our transmissions are rated for 797 ft/lb? If so, is the only potential weakness the transfer case (assuming there are no lean conditions with the engine)?

unclgreggy
09-20-2006, 09:10 PM
My kit arrived last week. My mechanic is working on it and should be done next week. I have the heads, ported intake, headers and exhaust. Should be interesting

srt8suv
09-21-2006, 04:55 AM
Dear M5 Killer,

provides 8lbs of boost at full throttle. The quality of the parts used in this kit

Sincerely,

SSRT8

WOW.. Thats Great :D Finally someone has posted something about the supercharger.. lucky you to install it at thier facilities
I cant wait to see your dynos!!:)

EXTM
09-21-2006, 10:16 AM
At least you guys got what you ordered.. I paid the full amount. and what i got was promisses that never seen reality!!
I dont know what is GSM issues with shipping and ordering. If they do have problems why then they ask customers to pay full amounts if they cant fulfill a timely manner business deals!!

mabosc223
09-21-2006, 02:35 PM
At least you guys got what you ordered.. I paid the full amount. and what i got was promisses that never seen reality!!
I dont know what is GSM issues with shipping and ordering. If they do have problems why then they ask customers to pay full amounts if they cant fulfill a timely manner business deals!!

I know waiting sucks, I have been waiting for a long time also. But you also have to realize that they had a couple of problems that they had to get fixxed and they were waiting on parts from other machine shops. So when your working on other peoples time, you know how it goes. I know the wait is going to be worth the sleepless nights (just a little exagerated). These guys at GSM want to make sure the S/C is the best possible and aren't just going to release some piece of crap to us and hurry and rush the parts and fix them later... It's better to get it right the first time... Always remember, patience is a virtue my friend. :cool:

srt8suv
09-22-2006, 03:47 PM

I dont like waiting if i was giving promisses !!
I believe that a good business org. shall respect its words if they announce it
I can say: I have a supercharger kit for GC SRT8, and when someone call me to buy it, i will just drag him for months till i build one and then ship to him.. BUT I AM NOT this type of ... :confused:

Shall GOD be with you

EXTM
09-23-2006, 05:32 AM
They told me that I was no.2 on the pre-order kits. In fact, i came to know that there are more than 3 guys received thier pre-ordered kits.
(search the forum and you can check yourselves)

So, did GSM just ignored the thing, did they just moved me to no.4 or 5.. or maybe not in their agenda.
(do you call this waiting?) oh come on.
You see guys, they just dont give a dam about commitment or customer service.

srt8suv
09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Dear M5 Killer,

Sincerely,

SSRT8

Did you have any chance for a dyno? up to date!!

srt8suv
09-25-2006, 05:18 PM
My kit arrived last week. My mechanic is working on it and should be done next week. I have the heads, ported intake, headers and exhaust. Should be interesting

unclgreggy,
Are you done with your kit? any issues? how does it run? how fast? any races? ..:D

unclgreggy
09-25-2006, 09:38 PM
srt8suv,
Check my new thread.

M3KSRT8
10-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Folks,

I would like to warn you so you don't get burned - I am a WD in VA/DC/MD area who has purchased 5 Jeep SRT kits and got 2 so far delivered and I cannot express enough my dissapointment as well as frustration with GSM as a company to do business with. They never stand by what they say, they blow you off after promising to call back with tracking # or mistake in the packaging of the Kit and UNTIL now they have gotten over $20K yet have not delivered the rest of the kits which were supposed to be sent by now (one is over a week due) I have LEFT numerous Calls, Vmails, Messages with the main line and Emails and its been a week. Scott and the rest choose to ignor me as a lucrative customer and looks like they have no respect or value to other peoples' time and promises they make them. I am contemplating pursuing legal action from here as it has been a week and it's like the company doesn't even EXIST or vanished... they have my $, I am left in the dark, no one calls or emails or return any form of communication or at least the courtousy to let me know what is going on and to fix the (TOO-many-to-list) things that went wrong from DAY ONE when started dealing with them back in August yet has been patient as in the beginning they (Scott/Ryan) seemed really attentive and nice and professional... though the whole image changed and either they have an internal company problem or something is up...

I am sorry I am duplicating this but I feel I have an obligation as a fellow citizen to not let others be burned like I am/havbe been and to STOP what ever GSM is doing to the masses and say that customers WIN, not their indifferent attitude and still expecting customers inflow!

BEWARE from GSM - I am yet to find a resolution single-handedly with my Bank/AMEX and lawyer or until they contact me (which seems unlikely) while they have over $20K of my $ already... so far I have spend with them almost $30K - so imagine how they would treat smaller player/customer who would spend less on a kit or even a part....

GSM
10-21-2006, 11:52 AM
This is complete crap, this customer has ordered a total of 5 kits, we have shipped him 2 and he has the balance of the order shipping on Monday.

The lack of respect is the customers own lack of respect

We are always Avilaible and while we are busy building and shipping as many kits as we can, this paticular customer was given a "week of the 16th-20th"ship date on his final kits and this was held up because of a delay in final payments, personal checks as means of payment are always held to give time to clear.

This paticular customer is so argoant, he did not check his e-mail yesterday advising him of his shippment status and proceed to call me on my cell phone at 7:30 pm on friday night while I am out to dinner with the family and he wanted to discuss what exactly was on his order for monday..???? wow I told him I would be happy to call him on Saturday

Scott

M3KSRT8
10-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Scott,

I sent this after you left me for an entire week in the dark BESIDE being late on the promises of shipping the kits - is this correct or not?

now you say am arrogant?

Let the public be the judges here, you called me yesterday after being absent for a whole week not returning any of my calls, emails and not to mention you had promised to call me Friday the 13th within an hour and I dont hear from you until the following Friday while for a whole week am going up the wallas not able to talk to anyone in GSM nor returned emails.. then you simply said you will have tracking #s soon available for me last night without even apologising and explaining to me why I was left in the dark and treated as such is in MY BOOK unacceptable customer service not to mention

you didnt even want/offer to go through the order until I asked and you said you will call me tomorrow (as I would expect you to since you know they messed up my last order, no 2x cat eliminator and not to mention the list of missing parts in the kit, and to make sure we get it right this time i.e. stage II).

If you remember Scott you told me YOU WILL BE CALLING ME shortly yesterday with tracking #s after I was furious for not getting reasons/explanation for being shut down for a week with no contact from you or anyone - you DIDNT say you will email me.. and you expect me to check my emails within 2 hrs window on a Friday night while you told me you will call me with the info, NOT EMAIL!

what is this? a JOKE? I am not here to play games nor chase like cats and dogs... this is SIMPLY a business transaction, you got my order and $ and I expect a level of service/professionalism BESIDE getting my orders RIGHTLY packaged and rightly done (in a timely fashion if I may add, and if not, then no problem, delays always happen BUT DO NOT leave me/people in the dark and give them this attitude/level of service... you wont last for long, and if I didnt want to support your business from the start I wouldnt have ordered from you - who's to lose here?)

I WILL appreciate your call today not to be rushed over the phone and go through the order so we dont have miss-and-hit again and get it right and END this transaction and move on - my time is as valuable as I run my own business too as any of you @ GSM.

Thank you -
Mo

M3KSRT8
10-21-2006, 12:27 PM
oh and Scott we both no there was NO DELAY in payments so please do not come up with new things I never heard of before... Nor have you mentioned anything like this until I read it here with your written message. My check was CASHED WELL before the window of the 1st 2 kits and I SPECIFICALLY ASLKED you that paying some on AMEX while I MAIL you the check with remainding funds will KEEP ORDER FLOWING you said YES.. Beside the fact that funds WERE collected and CLEAREAD before both orders were supposed to ship out and you had my CHECK overnighted and DELIVERED Friday the 6th - mind you we both agreed this wont delay anything - nor affect how my kit is packaged or missing items/orders that were supposed to be in it.

Acott - again I am not here to raise a ping pong game, lets be respectful and professional and keep the customer informed and none of this will be necessary- time is money for everyone.

one last note, I have been a patient customer NOT arrogant and reason I called last night @ 730 your time is becuase you said you will call me back and that was at 4:30 your time but will be at end of your day until you get tracking #s (given that I am now accustomed to not hearing again from you) I wanted to give you a call and see what happened - how am I supposed to know that instead you opted to send an email telling me the Parts could NOT make it and you will have to ship/give me tracking #s tomorrow or monday? use some logic here please...

I respect other peoples' times and lives as much (if not more) as I respect mine.

I am/will still be waiting for your call as once you told me you are out and not at office anymore to go through my order - I said fine no problem I will await your call next day (today) and rested it right there. so whats the need for all this twisting of facts?

GSM
10-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Moe,

Not twisting any facts, simply stating I did call you back yesterday and when you called me at late I asked you had you checked your e-mail, you said you had not and I said I would be happy to contact you on saturday.

After 5pm (pst) our new phone system go's to the attendant when the front desk person finish's for the day. If you called as late as you called me you would get a basic voicemail message .

I will be call you shortly and make sure you are 100% on the same page and satasified

Scott

ge2
10-21-2006, 12:59 PM
It's a shame.

M3KSRT8
10-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Just to be fair and square and ths is the kind of person I am...

Scott THANK you for finally calling me in a spirit of resolving my issue... and placing both of us on the same page and apologizing for such treatment and explaining that you guys have been busy and not intentionally vanishing or disapearing on me/us.

I am NOT going to take any further legal actions nor contact Bank/AMEX to stop payment obviously as Scott promised to call me Monday and ship all of my items and as agreed in proper form, beside completing the list of missing item in the kit shipped... I have full faith that it will be smooth sailing from here.

I will update once I receive my order complete and expect it so as Scott promised so I have full faith in that after our peaceful chat/talk yesterday which I am glad to say was constructive nad hopefully an end to this dilemma and ordeal!

Hope we can put this past us and rectify it and both learn.

Thank you again Scott -I was on the verge of thinking the company did/does not exist - so thanks for restoring some confidence back and am looking fwd to getting my orders and hearing from you Monday.
Have a great Weekend!
Moe

Blown-WK
10-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately this seems to be a common problem among aftermarket performance companies who are the only one in their industry. In retrospect, they have no competition which is why they can get away with shady customer service and delays beyond acception. I am glad to see that this issue has finally been resolved but these kinds of things leave a sour taste in the mouth of future GSM customers.

IDKwhy
01-27-2007, 08:55 PM
It's time to get the record straight -here
GSM is FANTASTIC. I installed my kit (i think I was #4-5 out).
We had some issues with pieces missing, but they responded - INSTANTLY.
When starting to tune, it was Thanksgiving Day Scott called me from his cell and talked with me for over an hour!!! ON THANKSGIVING DAY!!! Who does that?
They have a superoir kit, and YES it requires some "tuning". Let's face it this is a new deal all together, and there is still work needed -ei. Check engine light due to High flow cats & Transmission mod to calibrate to boost build up on accell,
I am in the process of installing a kit for a Magnum customer at our shop in Maryland - and once again the kit is complete and accuratly designed and engineered.
WAKE UP - this is not an exact science, and modifying your car creates challenges. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING- have someone who does handle it or DON'T expose yourself to the complications with this kind of MOD....
Scott & Mike - Thank you for everything- it is fun to blow a new Z06 Vette away, ahile my kids are watching sponge bob on the Video system..
(My GS SRT8 is the Blue/ Silver two tone w/ hand made ram hood & oversized tires)- someone posted the pics somewhere??
Later
IDK

AlexT
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I am in the process of installing a kit for a Magnum customer at our shop in Maryland - and once again the kit is complete and accuratly designed and engineered.

Where in MD?

Alex

ccbatson
01-27-2007, 10:58 PM
We vote wit our dollars, so, informed consumers aware of GSM's poor (put mildly) customer service should be patient, and patronize reputable companies instead. Unfortunately, right now, GSM seems to be the only company offering kits for the GC SRT8. I am confident that Vortech, ATI, and maybe Magnussen will come up with a kit soon. Personally, having done business with Vortech, I can attest to their quality customer service.

SRT8inOZ
03-23-2007, 02:38 AM
It's time to get the record straight -here
GSM is FANTASTIC. I installed my kit (i think I was #4-5 out).
We had some issues with pieces missing, but they responded - INSTANTLY.
When starting to tune, it was Thanksgiving Day Scott called me from his cell and talked with me for over an hour!!! ON THANKSGIVING DAY!!! Who does that?
They have a superoir kit, and YES it requires some "tuning". Let's face it this is a new deal all together, and there is still work needed -ei. Check engine light due to High flow cats & Transmission mod to calibrate to boost build up on accell,
WAKE UP - this is not an exact science, and modifying your car creates challenges. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING- have someone who does handle it or DON'T expose yourself to the complications with this kind of MOD....
Scott & Mike - Thank you for everything- it is fun to blow a new Z06 Vette away, ahile my kids are watching sponge bob on the Video system..
(My GS SRT8 is the Blue/ Silver two tone w/ hand made ram hood & oversized tires)- someone posted the pics somewhere??
Later
IDK

IDK - One question and one comment........Question - Is your GS SRT8 a daily driver ? If so what it lik with the S/C installed ?

Comment - Communicate well and everybodys better off and communicating is, but not limited to; reading your emails regularly, listening to your messages after a missed call and call back quickly....everyone appreciates it and once you get the comms you end up being a plessure to deal with and everybodys totally sorted.......Don't communicate well and you just spend time about who made what commitment and why they didn't call back and PLEASE spare us the dribble !

Cheers

SRT8inOZ
03-23-2007, 02:39 AM
IDK - One question and one comment........Question - Is your GS SRT8 a daily driver ? If so what it lik with the S/C installed ?

Comment - Communicate well and everybodys better off and communicating is, but not limited to; reading your emails regularly, listening to your messages after a missed call and call back quickly....everyone appreciates it and once you get the comms you end up being a plessure to deal with and everybodys totally sorted.......Don't communicate well and you just spend time about who made what commitment and why they didn't call back and PLEASE spare us the dribble !

Cheers

Sorry IDK - comment is NOT in anyway aimed at you.....!