GSM mods who has them how have they performed? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GSM mods who has them how have they performed?

FLSRT8
08-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Just received my ESP Torque Management & Fan Mod Kit from GSM. Has anyone installed one and how does the jeep run? Supercharger should be mailed out soon. That will be installed by a company called Personal Performance owned Mickey Cardena. Has anyone heard of him? He comes recommended by GSM.

LMP
08-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Just received my ESP Torque Management & Fan Mod Kit from GSM. Has anyone installed one and how does the jeep run? Supercharger should be mailed out soon. That will be installed by a company called Personal Performance owned Mickey Cardena. Has anyone heard of him? He comes recommended by GSM.

Just keep the boost to around 5-6 psi and you should be OK.

lincoln
08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't get it. How can a switch that disables ESP/ABS (functional equivalent of pulling a fuse) and a switch to manually control a fan have ANY effect on torque management??? I plan to buy this mod but I'm wary since I feel GSM is BSing about what this mod really does???

Jeep and GTO
08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't get it. How can a switch that disables ESP/ABS (functional equivalent of pulling a fuse) and a switch to manually control a fan have ANY effect on torque management??? I plan to buy this mod but I'm wary since I feel GSM is BSing about what this mod really does???

I also bought the mod...not installed yet. There are many comments about it......some folks have had it installed for awhile. The explanations you are looking for exist. Try the search function.

M3KSRT8
10-20-2006, 01:22 PM
READ my thread under GSM --
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646&page=4&highlight=GSM+supercharger

again I am sorry I am duplicating this but I feel I have an obligation as a fellow citizen to not let others be burned like I am/havbe been and to STOP what ever GSM is doing to the masses and say that customers WIN, not their indifferent attitude and still expecting customers inflow!

BEWARE from GSM - I am yet to find a resolution single-handedly with my Bank/AMEX and lawyer or until they contact me (which seems unlikely) while they have over $20K of my $ already... so far I have spend with them almost $30K - so imagine how they would treat smaller player/customer who would spend less on a kit or even a part....

ge2
10-20-2006, 01:41 PM
A thread about the fan mod: GSM FAN MOD Thread (http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=3705)
(note that many of the posters have reports they 'like it,.... but it has burned out the fan' or something like that)

And here is a little ditty about my experiences with GSM: Blue Board (http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=1705)

And a review I wrote later: My Experience with GSM (http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639)

M3KSRT8
10-20-2006, 02:24 PM
ge2 - WOW
I am stunned to see all of this - its funny how you dont see something until you EXPERIENCE it and then all of a suddon there is a WHOLE UNDERWORLD who shares same pain and agony. - - THANKS FOR SHARING Buddy!

Could you be so kind and Post a link to this frorum from the Blue Board and etc... so we can get maximum exporsure of this and HELP others not fall into trap of GSM and maybe this will alert GSM to take us as customers not soi lightly and STOP treating us like this - this is BEYOND REDICULOUS!!!!
I simply cant beleive they have the audacity to give us this attitude repeatedly and for prolonged time while they have our $$$ and STILL expect more business/customers VICTIMS to come to them and shed more $$

srt8suv
10-20-2006, 07:09 PM

I had one on my brother car, first days it was nice to have, but then the traction system start to have problems, i have reported this here on the forum, but GSM didnt give a dam on replying. only our lovely moderators who advised me. I had the car to the dealer and they said (after many tests) that there is something gone wrong with the traction system and the rear diff. its still not fixed waiting for parts.
hope this helps.

BTW, check out other members experience with GSM.

srt8suv
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Here is my post:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1160

srt8jeep
06-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Can anyone help me with the Fan Modification to get it to come on? so the temp could be cool!

FastSRT8GC
06-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Can anyone help me with the Fan Modification to get it to come on? so the temp could be cool!

Click the link in my sig! Good luck!

ML SRT8
06-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I have a brand new never taken out of the bag GSM Fan/TQ mod. I am not installing it. First reasonable offer takes it.

generalconfusion
06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
The Traction/Control mod works. It is NOT Torque Management nor should it be confused as such. Two completely different systems. When you defeat the initial Traction Control you have defeated the ability of the ECU to "shut down" the initial launch. The mod is designed to allow you to spin the tires, launch harder and keep the electronic sentry at bay if you are an experienced driver who wants maximum launch or who likes to throw the vehicle around and know how to drive.

Most drivers dont have the experience to control a high performance vehicle and for you like grandma you need "HAL" to assist you to avoid an accident. I dont understand why bashing GSM should be confused with a mod that even the "factory" guys duplicate when they pull the fuse.

When the ECU whacks out and releases, the Traction Control has been defeated, you simply turn the vehicle off and restart it.......and it resets.

The fan mod bypasses the low speed fan and allows you to run the high speed. This mod is great when at the track to cool down between runs. I'm sure there are other ways to do this. GSM offers the "dummie" a kit.......there really isnt a mystery to it. The LX guys have been running this kit WAY WAY before most of us new how to even buy a JEEP.

chevyspd
07-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Got a whole GSM supercharger kit installed with headers and cats and Corsa all the way back. It is the 1500 blower unit. The controller unit they sent me leaves me with a check engine light.....cam sensor reference position code. Puts vehicle into limp mode. Turn the car off, clear the code. Jeep runs great until second start-up, then throws the light again. Like clockwork. Not sure what to do? Any help is appreciated!

FastSRT8GC
07-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Got a whole GSM supercharger kit installed with headers and cats and Corsa all the way back. It is the 1500 blower unit. The controller unit they sent me leaves me with a check engine light.....cam sensor reference position code. Puts vehicle into limp mode. Turn the car off, clear the code. Jeep runs great until second start-up, then throws the light again. Like clockwork. Not sure what to do? Any help is appreciated!

What does there controller unit consist of? The CEL should be due to the Headers and high flow cats. Did they upgrade their kit removing the aux injectors? Our intake is not supposed to flow liquid and you will under fuel 1 and 2.

gculver
07-19-2007, 08:45 PM

IF you didn't change cams--First, check the cam sensor plug-in harness(gray plug) directly behind the thermostat housing to make sure it's seated properly(could also be a bad sensor--doubtful). Second, make a call to see if the controller they use alters the cam sensor signal and go from there. GC

ramangs
07-19-2007, 10:35 PM
I have their esp/fan, 2wd switch, cai, and had horrible results and even worse customer service with all three products, dont get screwed

chevyspd
07-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Boy, no doubt. The only good service I have had from them is their shipping/recieving guy, and from the owner himself. Their controller does read the cam and crank signals and it can also change the timing. So that leads me to believe that it can alter those signals. The sensor plug is connected correctly. I forgot to check that, but I appreciate the reminder....could have been super simple. Their kit does not come with a new intake, but it does include an injector plate with 2 injectors that gets mounted directly behind the throttle body.

chevyspd
07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
there are 2 connectors from the controller that go directly to those injectors.

chevyspd
07-21-2007, 02:08 PM
By the way...the CEL does throw the o2 sensor codes also, but that was to be expected. It has 2 of those all the time which they are supposed to be shipping me jumper harnesses to fix. Then every second start-up, I get the 'cam sensor position reference high'. Then limp mode until the code is cleared. After contacting, they told me to use a StarScan tool to resync the cam and crank signals, but that didn't work either.

FastSRT8GC
07-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Well I probably do not need to tell you, you should have went with the ASM kit. It adds 8 injectors and a full piggy back system, soon to be replaced b the Diablo programmer. I For sure would upgrade all you injectors, there has been too many horror stories on the LX site of cylinder 1 and 2 leaning out and going bye bye.

Check and make sure your O2's are in the correct locations, front to back, right and left. This is a common mistake during install that has many implications.

Also bypass their control unit, to at least start the jeep, see if you are having the same problems at start up. If not you know either the unit is hooked up wrong or bad.

Good luck! Suck to have problems like this when all you want to do is go fast!