GSM Intake Issue, please help ASAP! [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GSM Intake Issue, please help ASAP!

WebDiligence
08-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Am I missing something? I am trying to install the black housing, but only see one long bolt, without a nut for the back. How do you install the bolt through the big rubber grommet in the center of the housing? I do have the small bolt in, but have no idea how to add the second bolt?

Thanks,
Michael

ge2
08-18-2006, 12:40 AM
So it sounds like they STILL have not fixed the problem! (see: READ HERE (http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639))

I ended up using all of my own hardware. I used a large nut, bolt and washer through the bottom rubber grommet. I used a nut and bolt through the single hole on the back of the airbox, and then I used a wingnut and bolt to attach the tube arm mount to the hole in airbox. I was assured that fixed their hardware issue. Doesn't sound like it. Too too too bad. I feel for you man.

WebDiligence
08-18-2006, 07:25 AM
So it sounds like they STILL have not fixed the problem! (see: READ HERE (http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639))

I ended up using all of my own hardware. I used a large nut, bolt and washer through the bottom rubber grommet. I used a nut and bolt through the single hole on the back of the airbox, and then I used a wingnut and bolt to attach the tube arm mount to the hole in airbox. I was assured that fixed their hardware issue. Doesn't sound like it. Too too too bad. I feel for you man.

Yes, that is what happened to me. Thanks for the info!

I ended up using my own stuff, but I am missing 3 of those black plastic snaps which hold the top plate down, along with nuts for the bolts. I am also missing the weather shield.

GSM, please send me the missing parts ASAP as the top cover looks like crap without the black plastic snaps. I also need the weather shield.

ge2
08-18-2006, 08:25 AM
I had all the snaps, but no nuts at all. Also came with 3 heat shields, but no rain shield. The rain shield finally got here. I had the whole thing apart yesterday (swapping in the silver tube to replace the chrome one they originally sent me) but decided to not put the rain shield on quite yet. I will say, after driving with this intake on for a month, the filter was still very clean. There were a few bugs on it, but that's about it.

Good luck. I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems. I was told that the hardware and fitting issues, and lousy instruction sheets had been fixed.

WebDiligence
08-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I had all the snaps, but no nuts at all. Also came with 3 heat shields, but no rain shield. The rain shield finally got here. I had the whole thing apart yesterday (swapping in the silver tube to replace the chrome one they originally sent me) but decided to not put the rain shield on quite yet. I will say, after driving with this intake on for a month, the filter was still very clean. There were a few bugs on it, but that's about it.

Good luck. I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems. I was told that the hardware and fitting issues, and lousy instruction sheets had been fixed.

Thanks again ge2!

You would think for the $300 price tag you would not have these kind of issues...:mad:

ge2
08-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Agreed. I did email GSM about this thread, so hopefully Scott or Ryan will be along shortly to address the issues.

GSMSales
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Guys, I'm very sorry you're having problems with (missing hardware). Embarassed by it, I ask that you e-mail (not PM) me your exact needs and I will take care of it. I'll also be out back checking to see whay things are NOT BEING PROPERLY PACKED. I'm very sorry and I look forward to your e-mails so I can get you what you need and paid for...no excuse and our mistake.

ryan@gsmotorsports.com

Agreed. I did email GSM about this thread, so hopefully Scott or Ryan will be along shortly to address the issues.

WebDiligence
08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Guys, I'm very sorry you're having problems with (missing hardware). Embarassed by it, I ask that you e-mail (not PM) me your exact needs and I will take care of it. I'll also be out back checking to see whay things are NOT BEING PROPERLY PACKED. I'm very sorry and I look forward to your e-mails so I can get you what you need and paid for...no excuse and our mistake.

ryan@gsmotorsports.com

Ryan, I shot you an email last night and waited about an hour before posting a thread. I had my intake off so I needed answers quick.

I will send you another email with missing parts and my address info.

split2112
08-18-2006, 12:50 PM
i got it installed by them at their shop....so i was free of any worries!

ARH1956
08-18-2006, 04:50 PM
i got it installed by them at their shop....so i was free of any worries!Well "Web" your problem is solved. Drive 2 days non-stop from Savannah to LA & have them install it.

srt8suv
08-18-2006, 05:10 PM
That always been their probelm. a friend of mine told me the same thing!! Those guys just want to sell out things without paying attention for it. :confused:

WebDiligence
08-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Well "Web" your problem is solved. Drive 2 days non-stop from Savannah to LA & have them install it.

I get right on that...

GSMSales
08-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I disagree with you and don't appreciate your comment. Tell your friend that if he needs help with anything at all, he can contact me directly and I'll make things right for him. I addressed any/all issues very promptly and fully admitted that the problem was a mistake and not acceptable.

Anyone still in need of ANYTHING, please let me know. I'm very sorry for the small mistake. Rest assured, I'll handle it promptly.

Thanks guys. I hope you're enjoying the Jeep.

That always been their probelm. a friend of mine told me the same thing!! Those guys just want to sell out things without paying attention for it. :confused:

Jeep and GTO
08-19-2006, 10:45 AM
...Anyone still in need of ANYTHING at all, please let me know....

Ryan has been very helpful to me, both before and after my order (CAI, fan mod), including several phone calls and emails.

Of course I am concerned with the comments about items missing from the orders, etc., but that has not happened to me. If there are any problems with the order, I will contact Ryan, then later post the problem and the resolution together.

WebDiligence
08-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Ryan has been very helpful to me, both before and after my order (CAI, fan mod), including several phone calls and emails.

Of course I am concerned with the comments about items missing from the orders, etc., but that has not happened to me. If there are any problems with the order, I will contact Ryan, then later post the problem and the resolution together.

Ryan did ship the intake kit very fast to me, and did own up to the mistake and is sending me the new parts. I have seen much worse of vendors. So kudos to Ryan for stepping up, and maybe this will be the last inconvienence for GSM customers. This forum is great, thanks for all the help guys! :)