GS MOTORSPORTS esp/fan mod, do you have yours? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GS MOTORSPORTS esp/fan mod, do you have yours?

GSMSales
08-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey guys. Get rid of that 4-wheel factory traction control. Put all the power to the ground and have some fun guys.

Benefits
No Torque management (exact shifts no lag or delay)
No Traction control (100% freedom to Fry the tires or uninterrupted acceleration)
Low temp fan control for a much cooler running temp yielding much better overall performance

Race ESP Mod:
Completely deletes Traction control (esp.) and Torque management on shifts points. No more pauses between shifts and no traction hold back from the ECU at the flip of a switch.

Fan Control:
This mod Brings the fans on early keeping max temps on the motor down 10% or on the 180 degree thermostat at cruising speed( no codes) and is very effective in city driving or at the drag strip.

The kit is a pre made kit that you can install in your driveway in about 1/2 an hour and will result in you having the options mentioned on the fly via 2 small switches in a discrete location with in reach with no holes having to be drilled .

Same day ship, ready to roll out the door.

$199
E-mail me,
ryan@gsmotorsports.com

ARH1956
08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey guys. Get rid of that 4-wheel factory traction control. Put all the power to the ground and have some fun guys.

Benefits
No Torque management (exact shifts no lag or delay)
No Traction control (100% freedom to Fry the tires or uninterrupted acceleration)
Low temp fan control for a much cooler running temp yielding much better overall performance

Race ESP Mod:
Completely deletes Traction control (esp.) and Torque management on shifts points. No more pauses between shifts and no traction hold back from the ECU at the flip of a switch.

Fan Control:
This mod Brings the fans on early keeping max temps on the motor down 10% or on the 180 degree thermostat at cruising speed( no codes) and is very effective in city driving or at the drag strip.

The kit is a pre made kit that you can install in your driveway in about 1/2 an hour and will result in you having the options mentioned on the fly via 2 small switches in a discrete location with in reach with no holes having to be drilled .

Same day ship, ready to roll out the door.

$199
E-mail me,
ryan@gsmotorsports.com
Just so noone will be surprised after installing this mod, it also completely eliminates ABS when engaged.

split2112
08-16-2006, 03:20 PM
can you switch the mods on and off? or is it permanent?

El Jefe
08-16-2006, 03:46 PM
it elminates your Anti Lock Brake System? thats no good....

GSMSales
08-16-2006, 04:55 PM
You can turn it on/off as you please. Same goes for the fan.

can you switch the mods on and off? or is it permanent?

ARH1956
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
it elminates your Anti Lock Brake System? thats no good....When the "Torque Mod" is being used the ABS is defeated. When you turn the Mod off & restart the vehicle all ABS functions return to normal.

blackstallion
08-16-2006, 05:58 PM
How is this mod different than just pulling the abs pump fuse? I pulled the fuse and the all the electronic nanny systems appear to be deactivated, but the torque management was still in effect when shifting. The truck didn't accelerate any differently than if the fuse was in. You say that the torque management is deactivated. I just want to make sure this is actually the case before ordering, since pulling the fuse didn't make any difference. Thanks.

ARH1956
08-16-2006, 09:39 PM
How is this mod different than just pulling the abs pump fuse? I pulled the fuse and the all the electronic nanny systems appear to be deactivated, but the torque management was still in effect when shifting. The truck didn't accelerate any differently than if the fuse was in. You say that the torque management is deactivated. I just want to make sure this is actually the case before ordering, since pulling the fuse didn't make any difference. Thanks.
The GSM mod has ZERO effect on the Torque Reduction portion in the ECU software related to transmission shift parameters. The only "torque reduction" it addresses relates to wheelspin.

akatheproducer
08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
do you have the dyno tests for the cai

GSMSales
08-17-2006, 02:23 PM
12-15HP. We're still working on the 4-wheel dyno at the shop and we'll be able to post the results at that point.

do you have the dyno tests for the cai

srt8suv
08-18-2006, 04:16 PM
is there any way to go over the ABS problem?

GSMSales
08-19-2006, 09:17 AM
As of right now, we havent found a way. The Jeep's brain in a nightmare....

is there any way to go over the ABS problem?

Jeep and GTO
08-19-2006, 09:40 AM
As of right now, we havent found a way. The Jeep's brain in a nightmare....

Not everyone (maybe not ANYONE LOL) may agree, but I would not be concerned about the ABS being off because my understanding is that ABS is mostly effective with, and designed for, assisting a vehicle to stop when there are skid conditions - ice, sand, etc.

I wouldn't ever expect anyone to have the GS ESP feature activated in those conditions.