borla exhaust ship out on the 28th [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: borla exhaust ship out on the 28th

little leo
08-10-2006, 05:58 PM
whats up guys, my tech just called me, my borla exhaust should be in on the 28th of this month.. i know we all had the debate over what exhaust to go with, but i just went with the gut. and borla imo is the best. plus i dont want one that will be to loud being this is my daily driver. also i dont know if anyone else saw the chat ses. with the srt team, but they said doing the exhaust really dosnt do anything but make it sound loud. i think they said, when someone asked, why dose everyone say they get more power, they said its like when you think food taste better when you smell it lol. any way. dose the truck run faster with esp off or on?

Black_SRT8
08-10-2006, 06:14 PM
SRT engineers worked closely with Corsa to specifically tune an exhaust system for the SRT8 GC, that is why Corsa was recommended. If you are not careful, and just bolt-on anything, there is a possibility you will lose horsepower.

little leo
08-10-2006, 06:45 PM
hey black, thaks for reply. but the borla is the one mopar is putting out, this is the one they desg. for the srt jeep.

idealrides
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
I thought it was ther Corsa that mopar is putting out. :confused:
________
Leather Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/fetish/leather/)

Black_SRT8
08-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I thought it was ther Corsa that mopar is putting out. :confused:

From what I can gather, you are correct. Originally, it was supposed to be Borla, but now it is Corsa.

little leo
08-11-2006, 08:05 PM
no it is borla, im working close with the dealers. it is on order and mopar put it out. just like borla made the exhaust for the srt 4 . put it this way the only exhaust dealers order are from borla and it is mopar. and they made it for the jeep.

08-11-2006, 11:50 PM
no it is borla, im working close with the dealers. it is on order and mopar put it out. just like borla made the exhaust for the srt 4 . put it this way the only exhaust dealers order are from borla and it is mopar. and they made it for the jeep.

You are wrong....

little leo
08-12-2006, 07:42 PM
ok im not wrong, just conntact. dealer again today and exhaust is order through chrysler. and it is mopar. and it is borla, they dont order after market parts. he said, all the parts are from mopar and that is is borla, and it will say borla and mopar on the part. so im not wrong, this is coming from chyrsler

08-12-2006, 11:10 PM
ok im not wrong, just conntact. dealer again today and exhaust is order through chrysler. and it is mopar. and it is borla, they dont order after market parts. he said, all the parts are from mopar and that is is borla, and it will say borla and mopar on the part. so im not wrong, this is coming from chyrsler

Sure....I contacted Borla and they have NOTHING for our units.:rolleyes:

Z-Love
08-13-2006, 11:58 AM
whats up guys, my tech just called me, my borla exhaust should be in on the 28th of this month.. i know we all had the debate over what exhaust to go with, but i just went with the gut. and borla imo is the best. plus i dont want one that will be to loud being this is my daily driver. also i dont know if anyone else saw the chat ses. with the srt team, but they said doing the exhaust really dosnt do anything but make it sound loud.

It seems as if there is still some room for debate on the exhaust systems.. I am pretty conscientious about the sound in my SRT….It is a daily driver so I don’t want something too loud. Apparently the Borla is the way to go…I am going to put the Mopar CAI on ASAP:D I wonder how well the exhaust will compliment the CAI. Anyone have both? Is there any issue with custom exhaust and our warranty’s? Also, does anyone have any info on performance chips? I am looking to make this puppy as fast as possible without ruining the warranty..

Black_SRT8
08-13-2006, 01:31 PM
http://www.borla.com/applications/no_fitment.aspx?selectedVehicle=2006%20Jeep%20Gran d%20Cherokee%20SRT8%206.1L%208cyl%20VIN%203%20AT%2 05%20Spd%204WD

Z-Love
08-13-2006, 01:34 PM
i'll take that as....Borla. Guess i'll get in line...

08-13-2006, 08:04 PM
http://www.borla.com/applications/no_fitment.aspx?selectedVehicle=2006%20Jeep%20Gran d%20Cherokee%20SRT8%206.1L%208cyl%20VIN%203%20AT%2 05%20Spd%204WD

Exactly...nothing yet!! I hope they get one at soom...I have a Borla on my Cobra and love it.

little leo
08-13-2006, 08:15 PM
the borla is out, they have a part number also, mine will be installed on the 28th of this month, and i also have the mopar cai. i know we keep going back and forth on corsa and borla wich one is mopar putting out, but like i said, strait from chrysler, they told me its borla and that is what they are shipping me, chrysler. borla. mopar made for srt

little leo
08-13-2006, 08:19 PM
just because its not one the borla web site dose not mean they dont have it. i talk to borla rep, on east coast and he also said, they have it out now too. why would i make this crap up? i have the jeep, and im just putting mopar parts on. dont want to give any reason to void warnty. im not saying borla is better then corsa. but i do know that the borla was mgn for the srt and not just a bolt on, it was tested otherwise mopar would never put its name on it. thats why it took so long they test everything so many times

Black_SRT8
08-13-2006, 08:50 PM
So it is out, yet not available on the Web? You claim to have a part number, can you please provide it?

I could care less about the exhaust system you implement, but you need to understand dealerships make revenue from sales. Ask yourself one question: who is to benefit from your exhaust purchase? A dealership that will ultimately bill you for $1500, or forum members, who offer unbiased reviews because they have been around the block. You made two threads and asked which system to procure, the resounding answer from both was Corsa, and you decided to trust your dealership, who is most likely laughing all the way to the bank.

Bolt-on the Borla (if it even exists) and enjoy :)

little leo
08-14-2006, 01:39 PM
ok, the borla is not offerd after market. that is y there is no part number.

tbyrne
08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I asked our rep at Borla about this exhaust a few weeks ago. He said "soon" but no specific date. I'll have to see what is going on when he returns from lunch. Interesting rumor about Borla for Mopar. I'll find out about this too :)

Z-Love
08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I asked our rep at Borla about this exhaust a few weeks ago. He said "soon" but no specific date. I'll have to see what is going on when he returns from lunch. Interesting rumor about Borla for Mopar. I'll find out about this too :)

Please do!! my best friend just got a 300C and likes to race me a lot.. I work him every time but not by enough.. I NEED some performance mods to really kick his a**. Can you say a** on this?

tbyrne
08-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Had to go through a few people at Borla for this answer. It doesn't look like they are doing a system for Mopar. They won't have a system for the CG SRT-8 for awhile.

Z-Love
08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Had to go through a few people at Borla for this answer. It doesn't look like they are doing a system for Mopar. They won't have a system for the CG SRT-8 for awhile.

Ok, thanks for the info. In your opinion what is the next best exhaust system? I am running the GCSRT as a daily driver so I don't want something too loud.. will a bolt on system mess with the warranty?

This system sounds pretty sick...anyone have the BB exhaust yet?
http://www.bbexhaust.com/suv/cherokee/

candyman
08-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. In your opinion what is the next best exhaust system? I am running the GCSRT as a daily driver so I don't want something too loud.. will a bolt on system mess with the warranty?

Just got my B&B 30 minutes ago. Will install ASAP and let you know. No warranty issues.

little leo
08-14-2006, 05:38 PM
ok you guys migh just be right. i wasnt trying to argue with anyone about the borla, i was just going with whatchrysler was telling me. and if it is not borla, like he told me, when it comes in on the 28th. i just wont have it put on. i just put a call out to him. to try to see what he has to say. either way, i just have to wait. if its not, then ill just order the corsa. i just want a mopar part for the reason why give any dealer a chance to void warrnt. and i just like mopar. but if i offend any one with what i was told by two differnet mgn at my dealer. ( and they never lied to me before) then im sorry. and thank you all for all of your help on this matter. we all want the same thing. the best parts for our trucks. its just some people get a lil to uptight when you just pass on what info you get.

08-14-2006, 05:57 PM
ok you guys migh just be right. i wasnt trying to argue with anyone about the borla, i was just going with whatchrysler was telling me. and if it is not borla, like he told me, when it comes in on the 28th. i just wont have it put on. i just put a call out to him. to try to see what he has to say. either way, i just have to wait. if its not, then ill just order the corsa. i just want a mopar part for the reason why give any dealer a chance to void warrnt. and i just like mopar. but if i offend any one with what i was told by two differnet mgn at my dealer. ( and they never lied to me before) then im sorry. and thank you all for all of your help on this matter. we all want the same thing. the best parts for our trucks. its just some people get a lil to uptight when you just pass on what info you get.

Fair enough....

Black_SRT8
08-14-2006, 08:12 PM

No problem, Leo:)

It would make sense that Corsa is sponsoring the Mopar exhaust, becuase both systems will be released at the same time.

tbyrne
08-15-2006, 10:06 PM

That really comes down to personal opinion. You won't go wrong with the B&B TriFlo or Corsa exhaust. I'm starting to see reviews for the B&B exhaust. Corsa will be out soon!