GS MOTORSPORTS srt8 JEEP cold air intake [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: GS MOTORSPORTS srt8 JEEP cold air intake

GSMSales
08-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey guys/gals.

For all you guys running your monsters n/a, have you decided on which Cold Air intake to purchase yet? Let me help you out...

We design, engineer and cater to only the Hemi owners and their vehicles. Our time in designing innovative performance upgrades is shown with each new release.

Don't settle for the others. The pics and craftsmanship will answer all your questions.

We have them ready to ship. E-mail me if you're interested, you'll be glad you did. I only expect an e-mail in response with your opinion as soon as it's installed.

$299

ryan@gsmotorsports.com

ge2
08-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Boy I sure wish I'd gotten that silver tube instead of the chrome one you guys sent me (I wasn't given an option, and assumed I'd be getting the silver one). IMO it is SO much better looking than the chrome one.

Aside from all the problems I had receiving a complete kit (all parts, quality instructions, etc)-- once I finally got the GSM intake installed, I've absolutely loved it.

GSMSales
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Hey there, sorry you weren't given the option and I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. What's your name? I'd be more than happy to send you the Silver tube and have you send the Chrome tube back. Just say the word, my friend.

Glad you're happy with it's performance. Let me know what you'd like to do.

Boy I sure wish I'd gotten that silver tube instead of the chrome one you guys sent me (I wasn't given an option, and assumed I'd be getting the silver one). IMO it is SO much better looking than the chrome one.

Aside from all the problems I had receiving a complete kit (all parts, quality instructions, etc)-- once I finally got the GSM intake installed, I've absolutely loved it.

ge2
08-09-2006, 01:25 PM
My name is Greg Erickson. I dealt with Scott, and after many weeks of frustration everything was made well. No need for me to bring everything back up, but if you're interested you can read here: http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=1705 and here: http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=2026. You can see my frustrations (especially in that second link), but it's all good now.

I would LOVE to have the silver tube instead, and would gladly ship the chrome on back to you.

GSMSales
08-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Once again, sorry to hear it. Glad Scott was able to make it right. Now, allow me to do my part. Are you on Creek Pkwy in WA?

PM or e-mail me directly if I can do anything else for you.

My name is Greg Erickson. I dealt with Scott, and after many weeks of frustration everything was made well. No need for me to bring everything back up, but if you're interested you can read here: http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=1705 and here: http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=2026. You can see my frustrations (especially in that second link), but it's all good now.

I would LOVE to have the silver tube instead, and would gladly ship the chrome on back to you.

ge2
08-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Yup-- that would be my adress. Thanks!

GSMSales
08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
You got it. Here's your tracking# 1Z422Y6A0394113223.

Please let me know when you get it so we know when we can expect the chrome tube back.

Once again, let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Yup-- that would be my adress. Thanks!

ge2
08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I really appreciate it. I will fedex your chrome tube back the day I receive the silver one.

GSMSales
08-09-2006, 01:54 PM
My pleasure, glad to help. Don't send it back via Fedex, send it the cheapest method available. Strap it to the donkeys back...Just make sure to throw it Attn: Ryan

-Rhino

I really appreciate it. I will fedex your chrome tube back the day I receive the silver one.

08-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Great service right there!!

AaronC
08-10-2006, 09:32 AM
GSM Could you please reply to my PM?

Thanks.

GSMSales
08-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Good morning Aaron.

I don't have a PM from you, can I help you with something?

Thanks.

AaronC
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Good morning Aaron.

I don't have a PM from you, can I help you with something?
I sent it yesterday. I will resend now.

Goldengreek5
08-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Any possible way I could get the silver one also? I too wasnt given a choice. I failed to recieve the rain shield also. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.
--------Aristotle

GSMSales
08-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Got it Aaron, give me a call. 562-777-1075 x102.

Thanks.

Goldengreek5
08-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Any possible way I could get the silver one also? I too wasnt given a choice. I failed to recieve the rain shield also. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.
--------AristotleMaybe....maybe not?

GSMSales
08-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Feel free to e-mail me, we'll try to work something out.

ryan@gsmotorsports.com

Maybe....maybe not?

echo412
08-10-2006, 11:16 AM
My pleasure, glad to help. Don't send it back via Fedex, send it the cheapest method available. Strap it to the donkeys back...Just make sure to throw it Attn: Ryan

-Rhino

Dang great service GS

ge2
08-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Received my silver tube today! (FAST FAST FAST) and will replace it tonight. The chromie will be back in your hands shortly. Thanks again!

Z-Love
08-14-2006, 02:36 PM
What is the difference between the one you offer and the one from Mopar? Other than the fact your's might screw with my warranty...or would it?

Sound?
Performance?

Black_SRT8
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
What is the difference between the one you offer and the one from Mopar? Other than the fact your's might screw with my warranty...or would it?

Sound?
Performance?

I will let GSM reply to the sound and performance aspects of the system. But the warranty will be voided because of a bolt-on CAI.

ge2
08-14-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll give you an answer for that, and I'm not afiliated with GSM at all, so they may have a different answer.

CAIs / FIPKs are generally all very similar in function and production. The biggest difference you'll find is looks and whether or not they have a functional heat shield or not. The 'good ones' will have some sort of heat shield, so the intake isn't gobbling up hot air from the engine bay.

But if they have a heatshield, the performance gain should be fairly similar on any unit, assuming similar filters. DUB, MOPAR, GSM, Airraid etc...... they are all pretty similar to one another. I chose the GSM because I like the looks of the kit (it's the only kit that comes with a lid for the heat shield at this point in time). They will all give you similar sound increase, and airflow.

None of these will void your warranty if installed correctly. Shoot-- the majority of dealerships sell them these days-- and not only their own brands.

GSMSales
08-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Yea, what he said. Very well put......:rolleyes:

I'll give you an answer for that, and I'm not afiliated with GSM at all, so they may have a different answer.

CAIs / FIPKs are generally all very similar in function and production. The biggest difference you'll find is looks and whether or not they have a functional heat shield or not. The 'good ones' will have some sort of heat shield, so the intake isn't gobbling up hot air from the engine bay.

But if they have a heatshield, the performance gain should be fairly similar on any unit, assuming similar filters. DUB, MOPAR, GSM, Airraid etc...... they are all pretty similar to one another. I chose the GSM because I like the looks of the kit (it's the only kit that comes with a lid for the heat shield at this point in time). They will all give you similar sound increase, and airflow.

None of these will void your warranty if installed correctly. Shoot-- the majority of dealerships sell them these days-- and not only their own brands.

GSMSales
08-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Glad you got it and I'm happy you'll enjoy it more than the Chrome. Talk soon and I'll let you know when I receive yours in return.

Received my silver tube today! (FAST FAST FAST) and will replace it tonight. The chromie will be back in your hands shortly. Thanks again!

rcavalear
08-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Damn... I would love to business with a company like that. I guess I just found the company that Im gonna buy my intake from!!!

WebDiligence
08-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Damn... I would love to business with a company like that. I guess I just found the company that Im gonna buy my intake from!!!

Mine should arrive by tommorrow. Kudos to GSM for shipping so quickly! :cheers:

I will give an update once installed.

GSMSales
08-15-2006, 11:23 AM
You'll enjoy the hell out of it. DO update us with your response. Looking forward to it...Good workin with you, my friend.

Mine should arrive by tommorrow. Kudos to GSM for shipping so quickly! :cheers:

I will give an update once installed.

seltrain
05-29-2007, 07:30 PM
I also purchased the cold air intake from gs motorsports for my 07 jeep srt8. The instructions were definitely lacking luckily i had a few nuts and bolts lying around to complete the mounting setup. Also i never got the option of a silver tube nor did i recieve the weather/water shield. For some reason my check engine light also came on after the instal how can i get it off? please help!!

shaun

UDLOSE
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Gsm Sucks.:d

OurZoo
05-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Remove the negative terminal to the battery and then press on the brake for at least 10 seconds. Did you forget to reconnect the IAT by chance?

slow91
05-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Installed my GSM Sunday........no issues, clean install, no CEL's.

EDIT: the owners manual states that the weather shield is an option.

ML SRT8
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM
I also purchased the cold air intake from gs motorsports for my 07 jeep srt8. The instructions were definitely lacking luckily i had a few nuts and bolts lying around to complete the mounting setup. Also i never got the option of a silver tube nor did i recieve the weather/water shield. For some reason my check engine light also came on after the instal how can i get it off? please help!!

shaun

Yeah, what he said raised to the 2nd power. Glad my local hardware store had the remaining parts I needed. I ordered silver - got crome, and my "back-ordered" rain shield should be coming any day now...... I also have a never installed GSM torque/fan mod if anyone wants it - any reasonable offer.

IMHO, all the CAI's are comparable. The real power is in the PCM reflash and a good catback.

generalconfusion
05-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Remove the negative terminal to the battery and then press on the brake for at least 10 seconds. Did you forget to reconnect the IAT by chance?

You dont need to do all that.........just pull the ECU fuse. Its located in the fuse box closest to the firewall......its yelllow 20amp.....pull it for like 15seconds and it clears any CEL and the adaptive parameters.

If you pull the battery cable you stand the chance of clearing other items like the a/c, seat, window, programs etc.

RUDE8
05-30-2007, 03:52 PM
I too have the GSM CAI adn love it. I've noticed an immediate change in th sound (as it should be) adn throttle response is significant for a bolt-on mod. I was not too pleased with the connection points and lack of appropriate hardware with the heat shield, but like the other guy said, luckily I had some extra hardware available. And by the way, I got everything when I ordered it AND I chose the chrome pipe and LOVE it!

z28plus
05-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Mine is crap...took it off and am running stock now. I will try the volant.

GSM
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
The Weather Guard for the Filter is now included with every GSM Kit

Scott
GS Motorsports

slow91
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
The Weather Guard for the Filter is now included with every GSM Kit

Scott
GS Motorsports

Cool.........PM sent.

ge2
05-31-2007, 04:26 PM
I've got a rain shield here that has never been installed. I will gladly send it to the first person who sends me an email at gerickson2@comcast.net. The catch? You gotta tell me who caught the original pass that started Boise State's hook and lateral play to send the Fiesta Bowl to overtime.

ge2
05-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Gone-- Hows2nd got the answer. It was Drisan James-- who happens to be from the Tempe area (near where the bowl game was played) and had two earlier touchdowns in the game. :)