Mopar CAI....No filter oil? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Mopar CAI....No filter oil?

Krush
07-25-2006, 08:09 PM
This is the first CAI I've bought that didn't come with a lubricant (oil) for the filter. Did I get shafted, or does the filter no require oil?

garyb
07-26-2006, 01:37 AM
I've always had K&N filters so I went ahead and oiled my Mopar filter to be safe but it sure didn't seem to have any oil on it.

garyb
07-26-2006, 02:04 AM
I see that AEM says the filter is a dry type but that kind of worries me and am wondering if anyone with the Mopar kit has used some oil on theirs? I'm not sure if that's a good thing to do or not.

Krush
07-26-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't think it will hurt your engine, but may shorten or extend the life of the filter? I was just suprised at how loud the thing was, my K&Ns on my Mustangs were never this loud, and never thumped the was this one does under WOT.

Superjeep
07-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Hello to all. I am still trying to get a fix on who makes this filter. Stripper is offering them for sale and I am hoping that he will tell us K&N or AEM. Please see my post under" Who Makes the Filter For Mopar CAI"

All of the product descriptions state " cotton gauze design" leading me to believe it needs oil recharging. See in the post listed above the AEM response when I called them.

Stripper
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
We were told that AEM makes the kits for MOPAR.