Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My Jeep.

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  SCAM 
#1 ·
I finally have my jeep back to 100% after over 1 year of non-stop issues and problem solving which led to me dumping an absurd amount of money into the Jeep until we narrowed down the problems.

a year later:
This section is all of the work that was done to my DRIVELINE ONLY over the past 10 - 12 months or so.

- I pulled my transmission and sent it out to Paramount performance 2 times to get re-built.
- I had to pull the Transfercase many times because of unknown issues...it also had to get shipped out to paramount to get replaced / rebuilt. Then when it was re-installed... The re-install was done improperly and the TC motor was destroyed when the TC was bolted down. The Transfercase was also damaged.... So it had to get sent out to Builderbill again to get replaced. Finally I got it back and had it installed properly.
- Then my rear diff broke...2 times. On the first rear end repair I had it repaired / replaced and had a wavetrac installed at the same time... (Long story with this one) But a month later my rear end blew up again. I had to completely replace every part in my Jeeps rear diff, set up the rear end again and re-install the wavetrac, again. All of this was because of an improper install / set up of my rear end the first time.
- During this entire process Brad noticed that my front differential had bad bushings. So the front diff had to be pulled and replaced all bushings.

Finally I got my Jeep back and it was still not running right. This is when we figured out my converter was bad. So I ordered a built converter from Paramount Performance... Had to pull my transmission for the 3rd time and install the new converter and pump TONS of trans fluid through the system to completely flush it out.

Well over 10K in driveline repairs...

See less See more
#7 ·
Sounds like an ordeal I wouldn't wish on anybody.
I'm glad your back. Time to enjoy!!!
I AM enjoying it now :) Especially after whipping around in my Prius for the past year. lol

Glad she's running properly for the first time ever! See ya tomorrow buddy!
Yup! See you soon bro

#3 ·
Also I got the Jeep dyno tuned, new fuel system, 30tooth pulley installed. The supercharger belt got destroyed so I got a new one.

Got an all new exhaust. Changed out my cutouts for low profiles, welded the entire exhaust so it doesnt leak and put the cats back in.

PT tuning vacuum manifold was installed, all vacuum lines were upgraded, and I got a new rear crossmember under the Jeep.

#5 · (Edited)
Big thanks to all who helped me through all these troubles. Paramount Performance and KING motorsport... Sorry for calling you guys so many hundreds of times and thanks for going out of your way to help me out.

There were many many times where these guys helped me out / sent me parts / or tried different things on my Jeep without charging me for it when they didnt have to. I really appreciate all of the help!

Ooh and thanks to all the Jeep brothers who have been there for me offering advice and sending me parts for my Jeep for free. Seriously you guys are the best.

#6 ·
Sounds like an ordeal I wouldn't wish on anybody.
I'm glad your back. Time to enjoy!!!

#8 ·
Glad you finally going to be up and running like it should Steff .

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the belt Paulo. And for all of the advice over the years. I owe you one man.

I am looking to do some pre-breakage upgrades in the next month or so. Currently I am running 11.80s with a 1.65 60ft, on nt420s and full weight. My entire driveline is stock. I plan to run lightweight rims with DRs. Knowing what you know now, is there anything driveline wise, you would have done differently, either earlier, later or not at all?
Yeah, heres something I would never have done had I not known better. If your trans starts slipping. Replace the trans with a built transmission, and replace the converter with a built one at the same time. It will save you a big headache later. Dont replace the transmission only... This is a bad idea.

Also I would suggest not replacing anything until it breaks. No need to fix it if it aint broke. Just make sure to do proper maintenance.

Congrats on getting her back, Steffan! I bet you're making up for lost time! :D
Glad to see its finally all worked out for you. Now go enjoy!!

Jim
Thanks guys! I am enjoying it. I missed her.. lol So good to have my baby back, and now better than ever.

Glad your back to 100%, Stefan. Are you coming to Atco this year? I know last time I met you, you were having transfer case problems.
I imagine that I will be there. I plan on hitting up the track a lot this summer as soon as it starts cooling down.

#9 ·
I am looking to do some pre-breakage upgrades in the next month or so. Currently I am running 11.80s with a 1.65 60ft, on nt420s and full weight. My entire driveline is stock. I plan to run lightweight rims with DRs. Knowing what you know now, is there anything driveline wise, you would have done differently, either earlier, later or not at all?

#12 ·
Glad your back to 100%, Stefan. Are you coming to Atco this year? I know last time I met you, you were having transfer case problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.