Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Hennessey HPE Air Induction

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Mongoose9400 
#1 ·
Just picked up my loaded black 2012 SRT8 yesterday. Love it! Wish i did this years ago. Looking for some simple mods for now. Lot's of good ideas out there. I decided to go with the Hennessey air induction. Claims 11 HP increase. $400 and change delivered. After reading the threads it looks like there are a lot Hennessey haters. Wanted to know if anyone has tried this system on their 2012? I will hopefully have it on next weekend. Thanks

#2 ·
There are a few guys running it on the boards here. Look in the WK2 intake/exhaust area. I saw you posted in a WK1 section. The HPE seems like a good intake, but it's going to be pulling engine bay air.

I run the bwoody since it actually grabs cold air down below.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#3 ·
I put the HPE on shortly after my purchase. Noticed a big change in throttle response and acceleration. It is a simple installation. Oxygen sensor was a bit hard to insert, also the wire for the sensor seemed short. But, after playing with it there was more wire to be had. Have fun with the mods! Been busy with mine the last couple of weeks. Borla exhaust, TLS LED package for the rear lights and fogs, Tinted headlights, BT package for engine, BT catch can, still waiting on Eibach to release lowering springs.

#4 ·
Haha ^^^ sounds like all the mods I've done.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#5 ·
my bad. new to this site. didn't scroll down far enough. will go to wk2 next time. thank you for that. too late now for the bwoody. i will check it out. these mods are crazy. got pay to play i guess. i have not even registered the truck yet and spent $3k. dropped another $2,600 this morning on a scorpion pirelli ice and snow set with the least expensive wheels i could find the black platinum marathons. sensors, balancing, alignment, life time warranty, blah, blah, blah... i live in NH so i will need better traction.

#6 ·
I think the stock All Season Perillie tires work great in the snow. Picked my truck up in Jan and drive it some in the snow, I felt confident with the ride and traction.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#7 ·
last winter was really strange here in NH. One huge storm on Halloween weekend and then i think i plowed my drive way 3 times with my ATV. i don't know maybe i should have waited but figured that packages would be more money in November. i got a back up with a lifted wrangler sitting on 35" tires. It's just about 5 seconds slower to 60 mph. LOL

#8 ·
^^^What's snow?

#9 ·
I bought my truck in Fort Wayne, IN while I was out there working.

I get snow in Albuquerque too! It doesn't last long.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.