Who Makes the Filter for Mopar CAI? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Who Makes the Filter for Mopar CAI?

Superjeep
07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I recently installed the Mopar CAI and noted that it was a nice blue color. After about 500 miles, it seems to be losing its color liking more white.

I am curious as to who makes the filter. If it is a Donaldson or K&N filter. I have expeience w/ both. Every K&N was always red in color, while my Vette has a Donaldson filter and is blue.

I am also fully aware that without the oil, these filters lose their efficency to filter. Is there a "recharge Kit" specific for this Mopar part. Please let me know. I am a bit worried. Thanking you in advance.:) :)

Sgt Stanko
07-14-2006, 08:10 PM
I recently installed the Mopar CAI and noted that it was a nice blue color. After about 500 miles, it seems to be losing its color liking more white.

I am curious as to who makes the filter. If it is a Donaldson or K&N filter. I have expeience w/ both. Every K&N was always red in color, while my Vette has a Donaldson filter and is blue.

I am also fully aware that without the oil, these filters lose their efficency to filter. Is there a "recharge Kit" specific for this Mopar part. Please let me know. I am a bit worried. Thanking you in advance.:) :)

AEM makes the entire kit for Mopar.

Superjeep
07-15-2006, 02:17 AM
Thank you for the reply. Are you concerned the the filter has "whitened"? Is the AEM recharge kit any different than the K&N oil recharge? Perhaps an unfair question, but I will try. Thanks again!!!!

Sgt Stanko
07-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I took off the Mopar and installed the GS Motorsports.........I prefer the throttle response and construction of a 3.5" tube vs a 4". I'll sell you mine.

The AEM seems louder and less throttle crispness.

Call AEM, ask them whats up?? There in Hawthorne california.

Phatgcsrt8
07-16-2006, 09:09 PM
What is the proper cleaning requirement for the CAI? How often? :confused:

El Jefe
07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
probably every 15k, or when you see it getting nasty

Sgt Stanko
07-18-2006, 02:13 PM
What is the proper cleaning requirement for the CAI? How often? :confused:

Go to the AEM web site.

waydennis
07-19-2006, 05:58 AM
[QUOTE=Sgt Stanko]I took off the Mopar and installed the GS Motorsports.........I prefer the throttle response and construction of a 3.5" tube vs a 4". I'll sell you mine.
QUOTE]

Still want to sell your MOPAR CAI? How much?

lincoln
07-19-2006, 09:30 AM
If it's AEM then it should be a "dry" filter (no oil). The AEM systems come with the cleaning solution when you buy an AEM branded kit. I haven't really looked at my cleaning kit for the AEM on my Chevy truck but I need to since it's about time I clean it. My understanding is that you clean the filter and then let it dry and then reinstall when dry. I like the idea of no oil to foul the MAF but I don't like the idea of having to wait a day for it dry and be useable again.

Superjeep
07-21-2006, 05:58 AM
I have made numerous phone calls to AEM, several Dealers of Mopar parts and Daimler Chrysler. NONE of these places could confirm that this is an AEM filter!!!!

And yes that was in talking to AEM directly, being transferred to several extensions. I was told by one parts guy to "just use the K&N stuff. Oh, and BTW the AEM guy told me to just buy one of their new Dry Filters!!!

Someone needs to find out what media this is( cotton gauze or synthetic fiber). Thanks!!!

BLO BY U - TA
07-27-2006, 06:37 PM
I bet they would love that.....Sure we'll just all buy new filters!:eek:

Alan