getting Beast juiced up [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: getting Beast juiced up

Fahad
07-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Names Fahad i'm from Bahrain an Island in the middle east... just got my new Beast home and i'm thinking of getting it juiced up with some bolt-ons.

I need you help if finding me the right mod's for my car.... the things that i would like to get are :

Full exhust system with headers
air filter mods
lowering kit
22'' wheels
Xenon lights

And any other stuff that you think would help.

So i hope to hear from you guys soon.

Here are pictures of my old car that used to own... it's a holden SS ( LS1 Supercharged ) 575hp :cool:

go to:

bahrainracing.com/fc/silverss/

Street WK
07-06-2006, 09:20 AM
www.oznium.com/hid is a great and reasonable price to get HIDs. I only hear good stuff for them.

22" wheels, well anywhere online that sells our boltpattern

GSM makes an intake for you

Lowering Springs.... Don't think you will find that :(

but welcome!

Fahad
07-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks Street WK alot for your help ... i'll look into them...

With 22'' wheels i would think that getting a lowring kit would be in the market for a Jeep.

Inferno SRT8
07-09-2006, 08:27 PM
22" will hinder performance, Bling mod.

DSV-UltraGL
07-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Fahoodo!! damn you beat me to it, wanted to be the 1st GCSRT-8 owner in Bahrain!!

For the exhuast, not sure the moroor will allow you to change anything overhere, but Magnaflow makes them, besides, if i were you, i would've gotten kooks headers with high flow magnaflow cats. concerning cat-backs, there several ones out, comming and they provide similar performance, it only depends on the "dB"'s. as far as I know, Zoomers cat-back provides better performance (slightly) then others, but sounds loudest (even some guys face minimal drone sometimes). Magnaflow cat-backs are little bit less on the perfromance, loudness but cheaper than Zoomers. B&B just finished there's but its fresh, no real world tests yet.

for the CAI, all perform similarly, get the one you like most "visually". the GSM one looks clean, but MOPAR CAI frankly looks KILLER (Besides maybe behbahany or watever thats written wont consider the warrenty void for using MOPAR parts, check that).

22" will hinder performance, Bling mod.
TRUE according to an SRT Engineer (july 12th, srt10forums.com)

Lowering kit, 22"=bad for handling, braking and acceleration! (nuff said) besides dont you like you're 20's? I find them pretty huge. I would swap the tires to "Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico"'s, (265 front, 295 rear) to little bit fill that gap. Add more comfort since the stock run-flats have hard sides. (and according to tirerack.com surveys, the Eagle RS-A isnt THAT good, its no slouch though).
No lowering kit available to date, infact the SRT-8 is already "lowered" 1" from the regualer GC

HID's, you may want to retro-fit projectors. Since I heared mixed impressions about the glare of the GC's headlight. generally it has a sharp cut.

hope that helps!

now, man did you port it to bahrain or did you buy it here? didnt see any ads for it here yet. Besides, take some shots man!

Since you did S/C you're holden (holden or lumina?) you may want to do so to the jeep! checkout GSM's S/C.

Salla][\/][

Fahad
07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks bro for the info DSV-UltraGL ... just got a call from the dealer in the states that told me that the 2007 is out and that i should cancel my 06 oreder and wait till Sept for my Blk 07 :cool:

I don't mind being the 2nd or even the 10th guy who gets the SRT8 ....:D

DSV-UltraGL
07-14-2006, 11:55 AM
just got a call from the dealer in the states that told me that the 2007 is out and that i should cancel my 06 oreder and wait till Sept for my Blk 07 :cool:

THE DECISION OF THE YEAR!