Preparing for Dyno: exactly which fuses clear adaptives? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Preparing for Dyno: exactly which fuses clear adaptives?

Mango
06-28-2007, 08:31 AM
I need to know EXACTLY which fuses I'm to pull to clear the adaptives for tomorrow. What would you guys say is the best method for head to head testing of the intakes? I have a full hour...maybe more if I bring Tim (shop owner) some beers :D

BTW this is going to be an AWD Mustang Dyno, since I know most people don't drive around 24/7 in 2WD.

What would the recommended method of testing be for you guys? I want to limit the number of complaints and whines from users saying I did this wrong, or that wrong. :p

FastSRT8GC
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I need to know EXACTLY which fuses I'm to pull to clear the adaptives for tomorrow. What would you guys say is the best method for head to head testing of the intakes? I have a full hour...maybe more if I bring Tim (shop owner) some beers :D

BTW this is going to be an AWD Mustang Dyno, since I know most people don't drive around 24/7 in 2WD.

What would the recommended method of testing be for you guys? I want to limit the number of complaints and whines from users saying I did this wrong, or that wrong. :p

I am interested in this also. I have only been successful on a two wheel. For the two wheel. I will tell you what i did for this.

Remove the ABS fuse.
Remove the Ediff Fuse.
Remove the Transfercase plug.
You have to jump on the throttle and get it moving quick in first. Otherwise it goes into limp mode.

Good luck, Looking forward to your #'s

Mango
06-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks! I'm copy/pasting what you posted into a .pdf to print and bring with me. :)

GotStroke?
06-28-2007, 12:29 PM
JT,
The thing is, even if you clear the PCM on the dyno you need to take it off the rollers and beat on it for it to relearn WOT/closed loop. So dyno with volant, remove it and install the Bwoody intake while clearing the PCM. Drive around and hammer on it for a bit, then strap her down again and redyno. Yes it's a PITA but that's how it should be done.

Mango
06-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the reply! If that's what should be done, then it will be done! :)

jlandbl
06-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Thank you for the reply! If that's what should be done, then it will be done! :)

You better book another hour or bring a lot of beer.

Mango
06-28-2007, 12:56 PM
:eek: :cool: Or BOTH!

I already spoke to the shop owner, he's excited about this and suggested I only do two units this time, and come back next week for another two. He has some new type of intake he wants to test as well.

Maybe I should ask for donations to pay for another dyno hour! $125!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p ;)

BuilderBill
06-28-2007, 02:19 PM

I already spoke to the shop owner, he's excited about this and suggested I only do two units this time, and come back next week for another two. He has some new type of intake he wants to test as well.

Maybe I should ask for donations to pay for another dyno hour! $125!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p ;)

Mango
Almost easier to test on the strip.
Dyno's are fun, but I prefer real times at the strip.

BTW, I notice that when parking, I sometimes have the wheels turned hard (on purpose)....nice to see the bright yellow sway bar links.

Bill

Mango
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Mango
Almost easier to test on the strip.
Dyno's are fun, but I prefer real times at the strip.

BTW, I notice that when parking, I sometimes have the wheels turned hard (on purpose)....nice to see the bright yellow sway bar links.

Bill

Bill,

I'm totally with you man. Dyno #'s are not the end all/be all but unfortunately people place A LOT of faith in them. I myself prefer real world times also.

Like right now, I just got done doing 0 to 60 runs on my "test strip", did 8 runs.

0 to 60 in 4.46 avg. of all 8, in 91*F Ambient with 49% humidity. Not bad! Yesterday in VERY similar conditions with my volant my best average was 4.66.

Hows2nd
07-22-2007, 05:26 PM

Did I miss the DYNO results?

Mango
07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
No I never went, I canceled the appointment since it was all a farce to begin with, right? Plus, since I was making it all up ANYWAY, who knows, I might just fabricate dyno #'s! *gasp*

I mean, who needs a Dyno when you have a Dashawk. It's the new benchmark, haven't you heard?

Goldengreek5
07-22-2007, 05:42 PM
No I never went, I canceled the appointment since it was all a farce to begin with, right? Plus, since I was making it all up ANYWAY, who knows, I might just fabricate dyno #'s! *gasp*

I mean, who needs a Dyno when you have a Dashawk. It's the new benchmark, haven't you heard?
Wats up Mango!! Dude, I just spent 5 minutes trying to kill a fly on my screen, till I realized it was in your sig!!! Demon eyes look good bro.

Mango
07-22-2007, 05:44 PM
LOL! GOTCHA!!!! muahaha

mrfreeze
07-22-2007, 06:42 PM

lmao..ya i know what you mean mango...seems like sgt.stinko knows everything when it comes to srt's..so us "kids" as he refers us to don't now squat and dash hawks just make **** up...??

GotStroke?
07-22-2007, 06:52 PM

Your not going to dyno anymore?

BOOST ALMIGHTY
07-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Wats up Mango!! Dude, I just spent 5 minutes trying to kill a fly on my screen, till I realized it was in your sig!!! Demon eyes look good bro.

Me too. HAHA

Hows2nd
07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Your not going to dyno anymore?

+1 :confused:

GotStroke?
07-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Doh, "you're" not your. Hate it when I do that and don't catch it.

SilveRT8
07-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Doh, "you're" not your. Hate it when I do that and don't catch it.

Well forgive you this time!
Claude

JTSRT
07-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Mango, I've been to an AWD mustang dyno and I didn't do anything to my jeep; Didn't know I was supposed to, but I didn't have any problems.
I made 3 passes then drove home.

GotStroke?
07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Well forgive you this time!
Claude

LOL, thanks Claude. I should turn myself in to the grammar police.