Getting started [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Getting started

bloomy
06-30-2006, 03:04 AM
recently picked mine up and was wondering the best way to get this thing rolling. ive heard from everybody about diffrent everything and was curious about what would be the best overall. Id love to be able to get it all from maybe 1 or 2 locations. starting from intake & exhaust. Later moving on to headers and torque converters. and of course eventualy the supercharger. What order should these be put into play. Also if you get a chip. does it void your warrenty? I havnt't heard the greatest things about the JET chip from lighting owners. Just want to get the ball rolling. any advise would be greatly apreciated!:)

tainui
06-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Cat back exhaust can be done at any time. Brand is to your hearts content.

If you're going to do heads, intake and headers - do them all at once while the engine is apart. Easy to put in headers when the heads aren't in the way and then bolt everything up.

Intakes such as cold-air and the supercharger can easily be done independant of any other mods but don't waste your money on a cold air if you're going to go the supercharger route.

If you're planning on racing the truck for times, then do the torque converter. If not, then don't bother. The truck hooks and rips like a raped ape as it is.

radduc
06-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Would recomend GS Motorsports,Scott is the Man!!!

crazylegs
06-30-2006, 08:55 AM
We are doing a group buy on the Kooks Headers and Magna Flow exhaust. The Magna Flow we are giving the first 5 people a steal at $599.00 shipped. All other orders after that will still get a group buy discount of $650.00 shipped. PM me for prices on the Headers.

Thanks,
Chad