0-60 MPH times [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: 0-60 MPH times

joelockwood
06-26-2007, 05:45 AM
I think my Jeep has some performance issues but have no easy way to prove it. It's not throwing any check engine lights and the dealer sees no diagnostic codes but my 0-60 performance seems extremely poor. I have run some tests with Traction Control off, full auto transmission and a 1200 RPM power brake launch and average around 5.8 seconds. I run 93 octane gas and haven't made any mods yet. I'm using a handheld stopwatch but seem to consistently be between 5.6 and 6.0 seconds. The outside temps were about 70 degrees and the engine temp was around 210.

Any chance some other people can run similar tests and let me know their results?

FastSRT8GC
06-26-2007, 06:19 AM
My best is 3.2 but that is a different story.

We have figured out that the stopwatch is not the best way to calculate 0-60.

If you brake stall the jeep, do not go above 1000 rpm, you will spin! And even though the traction button is pressed it is not off. It is in a limited mode never off. Unless you pull the fuse or have a ABS bypass. It will still slow you down, you also have TQ management playing a role.

Your best bet is no or very little brake stall, and just slam it. The Jeep should easily be in the low to mid 4's 0-60 stock.

Good Luck.

timster
06-26-2007, 06:26 AM
I would get a dashHawk or G-tech to more accurately measure 0-60 times

frankofiore
06-26-2007, 07:56 AM
I would get a dashHawk or G-tech to more accurately measure 0-60 times

what do these cost new? anyone have a good used one they are looking to move?

EX-SVTMAN
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
what do these cost new? anyone have a good used one they are looking to move?

pm me if you like...I'll sell you my gtech for 75.00 bucks...I have the dashhawk now. You will need to order a new mount for it though because I'm using it for my dashhawk...still a great deal though i think considering I payed 250.00.
EX.