Going to Have to Have the Jeep Towed In (Anyone Else?)... [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Going to Have to Have the Jeep Towed In (Anyone Else?)...

GotStroke?
06-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Friday before heading to the track I had my hometown dealer install another trans gasket as it was leaking ever so slightly. Much to my dismay today, after driving 110 miles back to my present residence I find a large red puddle of trans fluid under her. I take a peak at the pan and I can see a visible drip. At this point I'm not a happy camper.
I back the Jeep out of the garage in order to get some crap out from in front of it and park it on the street for maybe 45 minutes. Getting ready to pull it back in I can already see a small red puddle under her. At this point I'm pretty pissed.
Then the kicker. Pulling it back into the garage (I'm talking 50' tops and I have my GF do it so I can watch) it drips the entie way (more of a solid line actually) up and back in. After it's parked it literally begins to pour out in three solid lines. I'm guessing it probably lost 1/4 of a quart or more just then. At this point I'm looking for something to bash my head against.
There's no way in hell I'm driving the Jeep in to the dealership where I got it (20 miles and I don't want to hurt the trans.) so I'm going to have to call roadside assistance. My question is, has anyone else had to get towed anywhere? I'm guessing they'll need a flatbed but I've heard rumors about the front clip getting torn off in the process. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

El Jefe
06-24-2007, 05:36 PM
get a flatbed and they usually have wood but see if you have any 2x4's. Drive up on those and then roll up onto the flatbed. Thats what the Roush guys do

OCRT
06-24-2007, 05:56 PM
That sucks to hear, I would recommend a flat bed as well. Ive noticed Trans fluid leaking from my car as well this last friday. I will be driving it into the stealership tomorrow =(

MatFab
06-24-2007, 11:32 PM
got mine fixed about a month ago and i think it may be back... will know in the morning

Mango
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Wow! I wonder why this is happening....how hard is it to fix a simple gasket????

Blown-WK
06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Sucks to hear. Must be a machining flaw in the gasket surface?

GotStroke?
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Still waiting on the verdict. I ended up just driving it straight onto the flatbed. It was close, but I didn't end up with any scraping or scratches. Hopefully they took it off as gingerly as it was put on...LOL.

GotStroke?
06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Dealer says the pan gasket was torn. Thankfully it wasn't an issue until I got home from the track and a 120 mile drive back.

OurZoo
06-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Sorry to hear Stroke.

SOUTHERNHOTROD
06-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Dealer says the pan gasket was torn. Thankfully it wasn't an issue until I got home from the track and a 120 mile drive back.
It is NEVER the gasket. It is the electrical connector O-rings. They leak and it looks like the pan gasket. Make sure they changed the O-rings with the updated parts.

GotStroke?
06-27-2007, 11:05 AM
It is NEVER the gasket. It is the electrical connector O-rings. They leak and it looks like the pan gasket. Make sure they changed the O-rings with the updated parts.

They changed both. The first time I took her in it was the O-ring only, this past time it was both the pan and the O-ring. It was the first time this dealer had seen a pan gasket issue as well. I'm just glad it's back.