Help with upgrades to kill Porsche [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Help with upgrades to kill Porsche

pato
06-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Hello, a friend has bought a new Porsche 997TT and i'm ordering a kit to raise the power to 580 HP (flywheel), it should be a low 11 second car after the install, but he also has a GC SRT-8, and wants to know what mods are necessary to make it run about the same times of his soon-to-be-modded Porsche, i told him that a stroker kit and a ASM supercharger with the correct A/F ratio should do the trick, what's your opinion about those mods, it will be able to match the Porsche's acceleration?

vinsane112
06-23-2007, 08:06 AM
not a pro but im guessing no

laddcruzer
06-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Should be a close race every time. He can take turns beating himself. :D

GotStroke?
06-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Hello, a friend has bought a new Porsche 997TT and i'm ordering a kit to raise the power to 580 HP (flywheel), it should be a low 11 second car after the install, but he also has a GC SRT-8, and wants to know what mods are necessary to make it run about the same times of his soon-to-be-modded Porsche, i told him that a stroker kit and a ASM supercharger with the correct A/F ratio should do the trick, what's your opinion about those mods, it will be able to match the Porsche's acceleration?

Maximum power with forced induction is determined by the blower or turbo, not the displacement of the engine. Though a stroker will help spool a turbo more quickly, or give added low end with a blower, and make peak power lower in the band all else equal.
Bottom line you're going to need to go with a blower/turbo and run enough boost/make enough power to beat his power to weight ratio. To do so reliably will require a forged bottom end (stock displacment will do) a good fuel system, the ability to tune, and the aforementioned PA.
What kind of kit did you order?

pato
06-23-2007, 08:19 PM
What kind of kit did you order?

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=114

That one

GotStroke?
06-23-2007, 08:22 PM
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=114

That one

My bad. I thought you meant for the GC.

6.1 Turbo
06-23-2007, 08:58 PM
8K for two cats and two mufflers, :eek: lol! And some thought the Dynatech system for the GC was expensive.

6.1 Turbo
06-23-2007, 09:00 PM
8K for two cats and two mufflers, :eek: lol! And some thought the Dynatech system for the GC was expensive.

BTW, 11 sec should not be a problem with a built engine and f/i in a GC. But I would think the Porsche would do better than that.

pato
06-23-2007, 09:33 PM
My bad. I thought you meant for the GC.

No, i'm ordering this kit for a 997TT, but we want to know what mods are necessary for a GC SRT8 for equal or beat the porsche's performance

Porsche parts are incredibly expensive, i thought that's because there are not many options

GotStroke?
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
No, i'm ordering this kit for a 997TT, but we want to know what mods are necessary for a GC SRT8 for equal or beat the porsche's performance

ET wise a 6.1 with built bottom end, ported heads, cam, and some boost from a blower/turbo will do it.
Cheapest route would be 150 shot plus full exhaust/bolt ons on the stock motor (again ET wise). That would put the GC around the same as a stock 997 TT.
Chris's T-trim stock bottom end 6.1 with ported heads and a cam should also run high 11s very soon.

GotStroke?
06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Check out the power adder list for bevsjeepsrt8: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4927

HoustonSRT-8
06-23-2007, 10:07 PM
No, just $4500 for the exhaust. The Stage II includes Stage I which is tuning. :p

renntech36
06-24-2007, 03:17 PM
im guessing fully built with a blower and a 100 shot would maybe hang with the porsche to about 60. One of my good friends has a 997TT with Intake Exhaust ECU and DV's. Car could potentially run high 10's if he was brave enough to launch it hard

GotStroke?
06-24-2007, 04:14 PM
im guessing fully built with a blower and a 100 shot would maybe hang with the porsche to about 60. One of my good friends has a 997TT with Intake Exhaust ECU and DV's. Car could potentially run high 10's if he was brave enough to launch it hard

Dual power adders are absolutely unecessary. Of course the Porsche will always have more potential but getting to it's stock performance level is easily doable in a variety of ways.

If you glance at the ET/Trap list at the top of the forum you'll see Mark went 11.6 with H/C/exhaust on the stock bottom end with a 100 shot. Doesn't take much at all.