2011 Geneva Auto Show Preview and Coverage [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: 2011 Geneva Auto Show Preview and Coverage

AutoGuide.com
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.autoguide.com/images/content/2011_geneva_main_rdax_334x238.jpg

When it comes to high-priced exotics, the Geneva Auto Show is in a class of its own. Renowned for debuts of some of the world's most expensive cars, 2011 is shaping up to be no different with the planned debut of the the Ferrari FF, as well as Lambo's next Murcielago, the Aventador LP700-4.

See the preview and check back for breaking updates with coverage from the 2011 Geneva Auto Show preview (http://www.autoguide.com/auto-shows/2011-geneva-auto-show-coverage-1498.html) starting on March 1st.

GenevaSRT8
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Did a quick tour of the Auto Show last Thursday, and here is what was to be seen on the Mopar front:
- Jeep had 2 Grand Cherokees on display and the usual Compass / Patriot and 2 Wranglers (one of them displaying a good part of the Mopar accessories catalog);
- For the second year in a row there is a Dodge section that only displays cars not distributed in Europe :rolleyes: but I was happy to be able to see the new Charger and the new Chally SRT8.
- The Dodge Journey wears a FIAT badge in Europe now... the Nitro is gone.
- The Chrysler 200C, 300C and Voyager all wear Lancia badges now and the Caliber is gone... the dealer I know told me that they had to protest to the importer to keep the name "Voyager" in Switzerland (which has a bit more of a history in the mini-van world than "Lancia Phedra", its name on other European markets). The 300C (Lancia Thema) is brand new in the Lancia lineup so the engine options have not been disclosed yet, although they were showing the V6 Pentastar (normal for Europe) and I expect a diesel to be around shortly... but I am afraid that its italian identity will prevent the SRT8 and maybe even the 5.7 liter V8 from ever being distributed in Europe. We'll see...

Apart from this, the new Range Rover Evoque (the small one) looks really good, first ones delivered in Q4 this year. I hope I can convince the missus to trade her ageing RAV4 early next year :D