Who will be First [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Who will be First

navyavi469
06-21-2007, 12:18 AM
I want to know who will be the first one in the 11's. Maybe its already been done. I'm curious to know just how much horsepower is going to be required to get there.

Once I know how much power to shoot for, it will be much easier to decide which path to take, and how much money it will take to get there... N/A with NOS, or FI.

GotStroke?
06-21-2007, 12:36 AM
check the Official ET/MPH list at the top of this forum: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4927

11s have already been done with power adders but not N/A. It's only a matter of time.

cobrakid
06-21-2007, 08:50 AM
I don't think 11s will be had until rear is posi ????????????????????? N/A.

BuilderBill
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
I don't think 11s will be had until rear is posi ????????????????????? N/A.

I agree.
The 2 wheel diagonal peel is not going to help getting in the 11's.
Bill

awdrocks
06-21-2007, 09:16 AM
I agree.
The 2 wheel diagonal peel is not going to help getting in the 11's.
Bill

Hey Bill,

How is your rear end project coming along?

BuilderBill
06-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey Bill,

My spare is at Western Diff in AZ.
The are working up the jig, details and brackets for the new 9" Ford w/ posi.
Waiting is a pain for those of us with a limited amount of patience.:rolleyes:
Bill

GodfatherSRT8
06-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey Bill,

Lets keep this clean shall we.:eek: :D

awdrocks
06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Lets keep this clean shall we.:eek: :D

:eek: That went through my head as I was typing it also... lol

Dam your avatar chick is nice

BLWN GTS
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
haha.. I have seen that chick in some vids before. A young little piece of @ss!!

navyavi469
06-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I obviously don't know enough about the 4WD system in our Jeeps. My first jeep was the 2002 Overland in Silver Metallic, I remember it vividly as it was when the Overland model was brand-spankin-new, and the 4.7HO was considered on par with the previous 5.9 Magnum Jeep. One of the primary reasons I liked the Jeep was it's "Quadra-Drive" System, which boasted the "gerator" couplings in both differentials and the new center differential , aka transfer case.

As the years went on I sold that jeep but I think "Quadra-Drive II" came out, which I suppose was an improvement. I was always under the impression that the Jeeps had an advanced locking 4WD system that could distribute power to any of the wheels, as much as 100% to the one wheel that had traction if needed.

So am I now to find out that this isn't the case, that we have a STUPID transfer case that does nothing more than send 50/50 torque to OPEN differentails? When did this happen and why do we have such an archaic system in our 2006+ model jeeps?

If we do have open diffs, then why not just throw a locker in the rear. A Dana44 isn't exactly the re-invented wheel... there must be a dozen different lockers availablel for it, pneumatic, mechanical, or electrical.

FastSRT8GC
06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Navy,
The dana is not your normal 44. There are some strange thing going on with this system. So much BS that builder chose to run a ford 9. I hope there will be a good solution soon. I really dont want to start welding:o

I obviously don't know enough about the 4WD system in our Jeeps. My first jeep was the 2002 Overland in Silver Metallic, I remember it vividly as it was when the Overland model was brand-spankin-new, and the 4.7HO was considered on par with the previous 5.9 Magnum Jeep. One of the primary reasons I liked the Jeep was it's "Quadra-Drive" System, which boasted the "gerator" couplings in both differentials and the new center differential , aka transfer case.

As the years went on I sold that jeep but I think "Quadra-Drive II" came out, which I suppose was an improvement. I was always under the impression that the Jeeps had an advanced locking 4WD system that could distribute power to any of the wheels, as much as 100% to the one wheel that had traction if needed.

So am I now to find out that this isn't the case, that we have a STUPID transfer case that does nothing more than send 50/50 torque to OPEN differentails? When did this happen and why do we have such an archaic system in our 2006+ model jeeps?

If we do have open diffs, then why not just throw a locker in the rear. A Dana44 isn't exactly the re-invented wheel... there must be a dozen different lockers availablel for it, pneumatic, mechanical, or electrical.

GotStroke?
06-22-2007, 08:00 AM
The ring gear is a different size than what is used in other Dana 44s.

navyavi469
06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
I did some research, the transfer case is NOT the NV245, its the NV146 or something like that... its got a center clutch pack in it for up to 50% torque distribution up front, but the ratio is continuously variable. This is GREAT for our vehicles, here's what sucks. OPEN differentials... blahhh! Pukke!! Kringe!!

Someone needs to find some LSD center sections for the front and rear pumpkins ASAP.

BuilderBill
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I did some research, the transfer case is NOT the NV245, its the NV146 or something like that... its got a center clutch pack in it for up to 50% torque distribution up front, but the ratio is continuously variable. This is GREAT for our vehicles, here's what sucks. OPEN differentials... blahhh! Pukke!! Kringe!!

Someone needs to find some LSD center sections for the front and rear pumpkins ASAP. Yep, open diffs suck.
I talked with every possible vendor....there are NO posi units for our "44". It is so bastardized it should be called a Dana 45...matter of fact they actually looked at that name but decided to stay with the name Dana 44 for product familiarity.
Bill...waiting on his 9"....Ford

GotStroke?
06-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I think we'll be able to hit the magic number (11s N/A) with drag radials if we can find some that fit and work--even with the open diffs. One way or another, I'm sure it will happen by the end of this racing season.

BuilderBill
06-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I think we'll be able to hit the magic number (11s N/A) with drag radials if we can find some that fit and work--even with the open diffs. One way or another, I'm sure it will happen by the end of this racing season.

Agree on the drag radials. That will help enormously.
I will post on the fit up of the Nitto 305/45R18 & wheels when they arrive. Heck they will most likely be here before the rear diff & 426. I would like to run mine with just the drag radials since it spins with the 2600 converter.
Bill