1st Mods Completed! K&N, B&G, Corsa [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: 1st Mods Completed! K&N, B&G, Corsa

07blksrt8
06-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Just completed my 1st round of mods, and they really woke my truck up!

Did the K&N drop in a couple of weeks back, Corsa catback last Thursday, and B&G stage 2 yesterday.

The Corsa sounds great, you know its there when pushing the go pedal, but no drone at all at cruise. Install was a breeze; it took all of 90 minutes to take off the stock exhaust and install the Corsa system by myself in the garage, the most exotic tool needed was a torque wrench. I did sense a little bump in performance, nothing earth shattering, but it pulls a little stronger from 75 - 100. Great quality product, I recommend this system to anybody.

The B&G flash (with new spare "AE" PCM) was by far the biggest improvement. After driving with it about 50 miles, I made a few runs today, and the truck pulls like crazy in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears....I ran out of room to go any faster. Shift points and feel are just right, no shift lag and the Corsa "shift farts" disappeared, the cooling fans turn on earlier, and the jump from the dig is RIGHT NOW. It just wakes up the truck all over the power band, and makes it a blast to drive. This is a must do mod, provided you can find a vendor who will come through with a PCM.

I had been waiting for weeks for a PCM with one vendor until I called High Horse Performance in Delaware last week. They came through immediately, having both the PCM and the Corsa exhaust in stock. Thank you HHP for great service.

For anyone on the fence, these are very worthwhile mods for not that many $$. I think I'll enjoy the newfound power and sound for a bit...perhaps a heads and cam upgrade in the Fall? We'll see.

quick1
06-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Sweet, I have been thinking about the mods you just did but what I would like to know is a ballpark $ figure on the mods. Thanks

FFSP
06-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Nice, I've got the same mods as you. Did do the snorkel mod though. It definitely woke the truck up. Now I just need to get to the track.:D