Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My Oil Seperator Install! *TY Sarge & Dave!*

4K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  candyman 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to give a HUGE thanks to Sarge (generalconfusion) and Dave (DavesSRT8)!!! Without your help I would not have been able to do this.

So...I ordered the Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can and McMaster adapters thanks to Daves links in this post:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showpost.php?p=56555&postcount=3

Link to catch can: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/Catch_Can.html

This is what I got!!

VERY well made.

YES it comes with that mounting bracket.

Here it is installed. There is a PERFECT mounting point on the front of the engine block. I don't know what the true purpose of the hole is...but it fits this mounting bracket perfectly.

I followed Sarges advice and purchased throttle body cleaner spray (I bought Valvoline brand) to clean my throttle body and the hose from the PCV valve. You should have seen the BROWN fluid shoot out of the hose. I had the car running, shot some into the top of the throttle body, into the PCV valve, and the car was stuttering like mad. After installing the Catch Can, it fired right up.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice install....... open it up in 400 miles!!

#4 ·
Thanks Sarge!

I do have one question, the catch can is touching that wire loom coming from under my engine cover. I know the can gets pretty hot, does anyone think that will cause a problem? I'm pretty sure it'll be ok, I just want to be 100% sure it won't melt the wires or anything.

#6 ·
Whoa...plastic?!?! Mine are brass with the yellow plastic stoppers you can see.

Those lines are actually just 1/2 ID transmission/oil lines from Advance Auto Parts. I covered them with high temp hose wrap, heat shrinked the ends....it really dresses it up! :)

I'm used to doing that on all of my computer wires, so it took no time at all.

#7 ·
Mango said:
Thanks Sarge!

I do have one question, the catch can is touching that wire loom coming from under my engine cover. I know the can gets pretty hot, does anyone think that will cause a problem? I'm pretty sure it'll be ok, I just want to be 100% sure it won't melt the wires or anything.
It should be.....but eventually I'd move it to a cooler spot. I think a custom bracket behind the coolant reservoir, firewall side would be a nice spot......:D until you buy one of the carbon CAI...lol:D

#8 ·
generalconfusion said:
It should be.....but eventually I'd move it to a cooler spot. I think a custom bracket behind the coolant reservoir, firewall side would be a nice spot......:D until you buy one of the carbon CAI...lol:D

I KNOW!! lol :cool: :cool:

I can't wait till you get that done. I keep looking at the Volant and wishing it was your CF Intake. *sigh*

#9 ·
Mango said:
Whoa...plastic?!?! Mine are brass with the yellow plastic stoppers you can see.

Those lines are actually just 1/2 ID transmission/oil lines from Advance Auto Parts. I covered them with high temp hose wrap, heat shrinked the ends....it really dresses it up! :)

I'm used to doing that on all of my computer wires, so it took no time at all.

Can you do me a favor and either post or PM me the part #s of the brass adapters you have?

Thanks.

#13 ·
Nice job Mango, looking very nice! I'm ordering mine tomorrow.

#15 ·
Mango:
Looks great ! good to see another color. How about how good the quality is of both the catch can and the Mcmaster fittings ? and that hole is in the perfect place for the bracket - I was amazed when it fit in right there. i hope the white puffs go away - mine did immediately

Glad you like it ! now get the SRT sticker I showed you !

Dave
2007 JGCSRT8

#19 ·
Mango said:
Thanks Dave!! I just ordered the stickers. =)
Where did you get the SRT8 emblem on the tower bar?

BTW......mine used to puff smoke at least twice a week.......now I cant even make it puff......to think I almost pulled the motor to rering and do the heads!!!

#20 ·
generalconfusion said:
Where did you get the SRT8 emblem on the tower bar?

BTW......mine used to puff smoke at least twice a week.......now I cant even make it puff......to think I almost pulled the motor to rering and do the heads!!!
Don't mean to hijack, but looks like your up late, or I'm up early Sgt. I think they are in the $50+ range from dealer, but here's some sources also.

(Note....can't wait for results on Sworks and CAI project)

http://motors.search.ebay.com/srt8-...ZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.