SOCAL Jeep RACE MEET 6/22/07 [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: SOCAL Jeep RACE MEET 6/22/07

generalconfusion
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
ATTENTION SO CAL JEEP OWNERS!!!!!!!

We are putting together a group of SRT8 JEEPS to go down and race at Qualcomm Stadium on Friday June 22nd, 2007.....Races are from.....6:00pm to 12:00midnight.....you will need a current helmet.

This track is about 70-100ft above sea level so it is much faster than Irwindale. They run FOUR (4) tracks simutaneously and have a Bracket Challenge Elimination Race. I guarantee you you will get 8-10 runs per hour.....very fast and organized!

Our LX brethren on the other site usually make a great showing with plenty of Lightnings, Mustangs and SS TB's to beat up on!!!.

Its a 1-1/2 hour drive from OC. If interested sign up and we can get a caravan or meet up.

OurZoo
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I would love too sooo!!! Maybe I can swing it in the future? Unfortunately, I head out of town for "cool" Scottsdale for a business trip for the weekend. :(

LBCSRT8
06-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey Stevo, how are ya? I'm not sure of my work schedule, BUT you can count me in 90%! Sounds like fun! Let me know.

generalconfusion
06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey Stevo, how are ya? I'm not sure of my work schedule, BUT you can count me in 90%! Sounds like fun! Let me know.

Hey Lyle!
Qualcomm is night and day from Irwindale.......more street.....not many full race NHRA types testing and tuning.....no bikes.....so it moves fast and with 4lanes you almost get tired!

Steve

LBCSRT8
06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Sounds great! I need to PM you a message. Hope your still on.

Crank
06-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Yup well I start school that week but count me in. lol as if you didn't already know that right?

generalconfusion
06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
So far we have...
There has got to be more Jeeps in So CAL to show those San Diego guys up!

1.Running9's
2.LBCSRT8
3.Envied
4.General

Inferno SRT8
06-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Man im so jealose I want to run in Cali.

OCRT
06-12-2007, 09:12 PM
I would like to go, will check the schedule tomorrow. Gotta see if i can swing a helmet.

generalconfusion
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Man im so jealose I want to run in Cali.

We'd love to have you!!!

generalconfusion
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I would like to go, will check the schedule tomorrow. Gotta see if i can swing a helmet.

It has to be SNELL approved.........but we would love to have you.....the more Jeeps the better!

Thumpn
06-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Why couldn't have been the week end of the srt school in july, if it was I' be there

Hemi@last
06-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Friday is a tough day for me schedule wise. I'll see if i can work it out.

Some helmets are rentable at the track (they say 12) see below
www.racelegal.com

I may try to combine with "Show & Shine with Dyno" the next day in Lake Forrest.
http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=9627

generalconfusion
06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Friday is a tough day for me schedule wise. I'll see if i can work it out.

Some helmets are rentable at the track (they say 12) see below
www.racelegal.com

I may try to combine with "Show & Shine with Dyno" the next day in Lake Forrest.
http://www.***********/forums/showthread.php?t=9627

See what you can do......we can all caravan up, have dinner and reign down on some Mustangs!

limeylee
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM
trying to find a helmet, never raced before, anything else I should know?

awdrocks
06-13-2007, 04:37 PM
See what you can do......we can all caravan up, have dinner and reign down on some Mustangs!

AWD is king on this track ;)

generalconfusion
06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
trying to find a helmet, never raced before, anything else I should know?

Not really......are you going?

generalconfusion
06-13-2007, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=generalconfusion]So far we have...

1.Running9's
2.LBCSRT8
3.Envied
4.General
5.OCRT - maybe
6.Hemi@last - maybe
7.limeylee - maybe

This is getting better!!

limeylee
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Not really......are you going?

50/50 at this point

KINGMONKEY
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok.I will be there.I live in San Diego

generalconfusion
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok.I will be there.I live in San Diego

Excellent! I'll pm the guys going next week so maybe we can all meet up and caravan.....if I remember there is a shopping area with some restaurants close by? It would be cool if we all rolled in at the same time.

generalconfusion
06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=generalconfusion]So far we have...

1.Running9's
2.LBCSRT8
3.Envied
4.General
5.OCRT - maybe
6.Hemi@last - maybe
7.limeylee - maybe
8.King Monkey

The list is growing!!

One more name to add.....some LX guys are already getting interested.

cgseanp
06-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm gonna try to make it!! I get off at 6 45 so id have to go straight there after work.
BTW, I have TBSS :) hope you guys are ready to get embarrassed. JK I'll be lucky to get in the 8s.

generalconfusion
06-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm gonna try to make it!! I get off at 6 45 so id have to go straight there after work.
BTW, I have TBSS :) hope you guys are ready to get embarrassed. JK I'll be lucky to get in the 8s.

We look forward to having you.

awdrocks
06-14-2007, 08:25 PM

+2

Explorer guy will go rub weenies with you guys also ;) After all this is my home town.

Its a cool track. Its a piece of a stadium parking lot so traction is not the best. 2wd cars have a very hard time hooking.

generalconfusion
06-14-2007, 08:56 PM
+2

Explorer guy will go rub weenies with you guys also ;) After all this is my home town.

Its a cool track. Its a piece of a stadium parking lot so traction is not the best. 2wd cars have a very hard time hooking.

Been there......it is no worse than Irwindale and actually a much faster track! Asphalt is asphalt!

awdrocks
06-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Been there......it is no worse than Irwindale and actually a much faster track! Asphalt is asphalt!

Not is its not prepped right.

Irwindale must not be to great then. Barona is much better.

Lots of street races at Qualcom Race Legal so it makes it funner. Lots of street tires, makes it cool though because it makes it more like a stop light race. I put down to rest a new Z06 twice on this track.... he obviously had major traction issues. He did a best of 9.4.

I pulled a faster and quicker time slip at Borona and its about 1,400 above level.

What ever the case its a track and see you there.

awdrocks
06-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Hope you make it... We will have to get a run in together... I havnt quite cracked an 8 yet.

cgseanp
06-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Hope you make it... We will have to get a run in together... I havnt quite cracked an 8 yet.

Ya i hope I can make it too. I have to work until 6 45 that night so i will come straight there after work, as long as they dont make me work late!!:mad:

My best time to date is a 9.0x with a CAI and no tune. now I have a corsa exhaust, but still untuned. It feels faster, hopefully I can get a 8 now:)

awdrocks
06-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Ya i hope I can make it too. I have to work until 6 45 that night so i will come straight there after work, as long as they dont make me work late!!:mad:

My best time to date is a 9.0x with a CAI and no tune. now I have a corsa exhaust, but still untuned. It feels faster, hopefully I can get a 8 now:)

lol... my best time to date is a 9.015 (im very detuned, slipping belt, no timing, im out of fuel, but I just got my 60lbs's in so I should be tuned in about a month)....

I just installed my electric water pump today.... so I also hope to break into the 8's... We should be in for an interesting run ;)

rashedSRT8
06-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Hi guys,

i have an jeep srt8.......im living in San Diego......so count me in ill be there when ever you guys head there :)

generalconfusion
06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
The list is growing.......we are up to six (6) Jeeps for sure and three maybe's

1.Running9's
2.LBCSRT8
3.Envied
4.General
5.King Monkey
6.rashedSRT8
7.Hemi@last-maybe
8.limeylee-maybe
9.OCRT-maybe

generalconfusion
06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
ANYMORE Jeeps going???

Hemi@last
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
my schedule looking OK at this point

what times are you all planning on getting there?

OCRT
06-19-2007, 09:21 AM
It has to be SNELL approved.........but we would love to have you.....the more Jeeps the better!
Hmm i wonder if my motercycle helmet is SNELL approved. I will have to check it out. As far as date and time. I am wide open and now 80% there. Just need to make sure i can get a helmet, would just hate to but a 100$ or so helmet for one use. Ill let you know when i know more =P

Hemi@last
06-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Hmm i wonder if my motercycle helmet is SNELL approved. I will have to check it out. As far as date and time. I am wide open and now 80% there. Just need to make sure i can get a helmet, would just hate to but a 100$ or so helmet for one use. Ill let you know when i know more =P

For cars no faster than 8.0 sec, their website actually says:

How to use this checklist:
Each race vehicle will be assigned a fastest allowable elapsed time, based on the level of safety equipment carried. Each item in the list for a particular ET must be present and meet the listed specifications before the vehicle is allowed to race at that ET index. The fastest allowable ET for an inspected vehicle will be clearly marked by the tech inspector on the right rear window of the car, below the car's number. Cars in the 8.00 second index will omit this marking entirely.

If you have… You can run no quicker than: SFI Spec
Battery Secure
Radiator Overflow Tank
Dual Throttle Springs
Hoses Secure/No Leaks
Street Legal Exhaust
DOT-Legal Tires
All Wheel Studs and Nuts
DOT-Approved Helmet (covers ears and the back of neck)
Seats Secure
Seat Belts (OEM)
Approved Clothing (see note 1)
No loose items
Approved nitrous bottle (if present) DOT- 1800 pound rated
Nitrous dump tube (if bottle is mounted in driver's compartment) Notes:
(1) "Approved Clothing" at this level consists of full-length pants, top equivalent to a t-shirt in coverage and material, and closed-toe shoes

For more information about specific requirements, contact Lydia DeNecochea at 619-265-8159 or via e-mail at lydia@racelegal.com

or you can see it at
http://www.sandiegonighttime.com/events/Drag_Racing_at_Qualcomm_Stadium_.html

generalconfusion
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Ok......so those of us coming from LA & OC do you want to meet say in Irvine?

I was thinking 2:00 pm........be down there by 4:00 ish.

Who lives in San Diego where we can grab something to eat then hit the track by 5:15 ish?

rashedSRT8
06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Helmet wise..... you can rent one there for $20. About the gathering i highly recommend meeting in the mall which i 2 min. drive form the track where every one can can find the sort of food he wants.......

KINGMONKEY
06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I will rent one

generalconfusion
06-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Helmet wise..... you can rent one there for $20. About the gathering i highly recommend meeting in the mall which i 2 min. drive form the track where every one can can find the sort of food he wants.......

Where is that?

rashedSRT8
06-19-2007, 09:08 PM
FASHION VALLEY MALL

7007 Friars Rd
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 688-9113

Crank
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
alright back in town. Looks like we are still on.

generalconfusion
06-19-2007, 09:55 PM
FASHION VALLEY MALL

7007 Friars Rd
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 688-9113

Thats where we will meet you. I'll pm you my cell so we can meet up with you.

generalconfusion
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
alright back in town. Looks like we are still on.

Must be rough after that Mexican Riviera vacation!!!!!! Eric why dont you meet me at the 57 & Imperial there is a Union 76 at State College and Imperial.

LBCSRT8
06-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm all good to go as well! PM me General or drop me a line on the tele. about meeting up. Getting my B&G installed in the morning. NIIIIICE! :)

Crank
06-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Yea sure was a good time alright I will call you to see at what time we are meeting up and get the scoop.

Hemi@last
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Must be rough after that Mexican Riviera vacation!!!!!! Eric why dont you meet me at the 57 & Imperial there is a Union 76 at State College and Imperial.

That is fairly close to where I'll be leaving from. What time are you planning on heading South?

generalconfusion
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
That is fairly close to where I'll be leaving from. What time are you planning on heading South?

I'm thinking now about 1:30 ish from that location and meet up with everyone else in Irvine. Can you leave at that time?

LBCSRT8
06-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey Stevo, I was at GSM this morning and Ryan may possibly want to meet up with us too. Not sure if wants to make the whole trip but possibly.

generalconfusion
06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey Stevo, I was at GSM this morning and Ryan may possibly want to meet up with us too. Not sure if wants to make the whole trip but possibly.

I'll PM you.

OCRT
06-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I am currently getting my car R&D for a CAI. If I get the jeep back before tomorrow, I will be there.

generalconfusion
06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
1.Running9's
2.LBCSRT8
3.Envied
4.General
5.King Monkey
6.rashedSRT8
7.Hemi@last-maybe
8.limeylee-maybe
9.OCRT-maybe[/QUOTE]

So here is the plan...I'll be at ..North OC at 2:45 pm, Imperial & 57 @ Union76station...leaving at 3:00 pm....I will stop at Irvine between the 405 & 5 and will exit Lake Forest Drive and wait at the Carl's jr until 3:30.......then I will head straight for San Diego to 7007 Friars Drive...get something to eat and be at Qualcomm by 5:45pm.

PM me let me know what your doing.

Hemi@last
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I'll be there

the only question is what time. I'm pushing for early

generalconfusion
06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll be there

the only question is what time. I'm pushing for early

Dave read post 52.....

cgseanp
06-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Well it looks like I may be working late tonight so I dont know if I'll be able to race!! I will for sure be coming down to watch the jeeps and finally see what all the hype is about, though!!

SilveRT8
06-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Good Luck to everyone tonight in SOCAL, wish I was there with you guys so I'll also hit the track tonight at Napierville Quebec
I want to get some numbers on the BG install.
Claude

awdrocks
06-23-2007, 02:59 AM
I know you guys will have some good stories on this trip. I could not make it. I started wrenching Thursday night and im way in the motor now. I was just going to change my meth nozzle from my intake tube to my upper plenum, and had a little surprise when I took off my intake cover. I could not put it back together like that so I started tearing it up.... Hope to be done tomorrow.

Heres the link:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=101790

I was going to go with my boy Ted in a Yellow 07 997 N/A 2wd, stock. One of you guys raced him. He said he won by like .115. He turned a 8.4. He said it was a great race. Very similar reaction times etc.

Then he got his ass handed to him by a big 'ol diesel by like a second.... lol.... Hopefully you guys got vids.

Well I hope everyone had a good time and have some cool story's to tell. I really wanted to meet everyone and I was DIEING to go.... Hopefully next time you guys will head back down.

generalconfusion
06-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I know you guys will have some good stories on this trip. I could not make it. I started wrenching Thursday night and im way in the motor now. I was just going to change my meth nozzle from my intake tube to my upper plenum, and had a little surprise when I took off my intake cover. I could not put it back together like that so I started tearing it up.... Hope to be done tomorrow.

Heres the link:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=101790

I was going to go with my boy Ted in a Yellow 07 997 N/A 2wd, stock. One of you guys raced him. He said he won by like .115. He turned a 8.4. He said it was a great race. Very similar reaction times etc.

Then he got his ass handed to him by a big 'ol diesel by like a second.... lol.... Hopefully you guys got vids.

Well I hope everyone had a good time and have some cool story's to tell. I really wanted to meet everyone and I was DIEING to go.... Hopefully next time you guys will head back down.

Yea..... Rashed chased him down in the return line to race the yellow Porsche. It was amazing how much quicker his Jeep was with GSM heads, CAI, GSM manifold, B&G Stage2 and Corsa cat back. He was running 8.3's all night....with excellent mph.. every run.

I had filled up with 100 octane Trick.......and I'm going to blame it on that:confused: !! I could not get better than 8.5 and my:confused: mph sucked!! I have never run that slow that consistently at that track. So my ego is bruised. The other quick one was Lyle .........so in all they had never seen that many Jeep at one time at that track (five of us). What happened to you Eric????

That diesel truck was kickin sand in everyones eyes.......at least i chewed on five (5) Mustangs and one GTO!

It was cool to meet up with some of the members and put faces with the keyboard!

Crank
06-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Yea sucked I missed it, things came up. It was my grandmas b-day and they had a suprise party for her and I didnt find out till about noon. But she was really sick so we decided to have a little fiesta and we took her the Marachi. It was real cool. Well I am sure this will come up again and hopefully I won't miss it. So who had the best time and what was it?

GotStroke?
06-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Steve what was the DA?

OCRT
06-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Man I wish I could have been there, but upon picking up the Jeep from AFE I had a flat tire and a Transmission fluid leak =( Got to get that checked out on Monday.

LBCSRT8
06-23-2007, 09:43 PM
This is where I chime in. WHO ran fastest, you ask, Eric? After everyone left, and Rashed and I were there, we ran together like 6 times. Ask him who won every time? My Jeep was even pulling on his going down the strip. I couldn't believe it. I'm kinda thinkin' that he needs the rest of the track (1/4 m.) for his GC to come alive Here are my numbers on my best run...

reaction--------0.560
60 ft-----------1.886
MPH------------82.26
ET-------------8.354

Giving ME the fastest run! :) I was hoping to get into the 8.4's, which I did all night, with the exception of three runs that dipped deep into the 8.3's!

At Irwindale about a month ago, when my GC was bone stock, all I could get out of it were high 8.6's. The mods. I have to date now, are as follows...180 t-stat, snorkel mod, K&N drop-in, phenolic spacers, GSM tract/fan mod.and the all important B&G stage 2 unit. No exhaust yet.

On the faster runs, I turned my GS traction control switch on, allowing my rear wheels to spin a little at launch, which in turn gave me a higher mph at the end of the strip. Previously, I would always go through in the 81.mph zone. Spinning a little got me into the 82.s. Go figure!?!

All said and done, IT WAS A BLAST! Hookin' up with the other GC owners. Even though I was rear ended on the drive down. :(

Hemi@last
06-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks to the General for setting this up.

It is really run very well. People were freindly and helpful. the local guys were complaining about the bad traction. Didn't seem to bother the Jeeps:)

Lyle made about 87 runs -- (and he was the fastest)

Seriously it was easy to make as many runs as you wanted.

the traffic was crappy getting their -- we'll need to leave earlier next time.

Crank
06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
damn thats awesome. Thats a real good time man everytime I read this thread I wish i would have went. Next time for sure.

generalconfusion
06-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Steve what was the DA?

7:00pm.........1486'
8:00 pm........1122'
9:00pm.........928'

LBCSRT8
06-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Fer sure, Eric! Wish you were there. I don't think I ran 87 times though. It might of been like 83 or 84! Lol! Seriously though, it was insane the amount of times one could run. I'd run 3 or 4 times, go chill for a minute, then do it again and again and again.

Guess they don't see too many Jeeps down there and I could tell by everyone commenting about us.

I may of been faster that night but you know how it goes, next time someone else will be. Anyways, goodtimes-goodtimes!

Thank you General for getting this little meet together. Looking forward to the next one!

runnin 9s
06-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble, but I ran a 8.30 and 8.29 @ 82 mph. I could not get my n20 to work that night but I did get 1 run with it and ran a tire spinning 7.89 @ 89 mph turns out that all the r&d work I have been doing caused a simple wire to come loose.

LBCSRT8
06-24-2007, 02:21 PM
No bubbles burst. I just had a good time and was very pleased with my passes. Good to hear you found the issue, a loose wire. Had to be very frustrating.

cbutler32
06-25-2007, 09:53 AM
great to meet Lyle and Rashid after the runs...
I ended up a little later than planned and only got in 8 runs before someone noticed I was sparking during my burnouts...
(nail in rear tire)
fun to watch you guys put the hurtin' on a ton of cars in SD...
many will now probably defer when lined up against an SRT8 cherokee...;)
Sincerely,
cbutler32

Hemi@last
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
7:00pm.........1486'
8:00 pm........1122'
9:00pm.........928'

Steve

Do you have a link to the eighth to quarter mile conversion calculation / table?

BTW - I did find a K&N that fits the DUB CAI - put in in on Sat.

runnin 9s
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Take your 1/8 mile time and X it by 1.57 ( 7.60 X 1.57= 11.93).

OurZoo
06-26-2007, 11:58 AM
I wish I could have been there. Next time hopefully. I'm just about to take off and head home to So Cal as I type.