Englishtown results 6/10/07 [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Englishtown results 6/10/07

NINOSRT8
06-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I was great to meet those who had a chance to make it. It was overcast and ~ 65*.

Here are my 3 runs (mods listed below):

1st - 13.055 @ 105.74, 1.832 60'
2nd - 13.031 @ 105.87, 1.839 60'
3rd - 13.091 @ 105.14, 1.897 60' (bad launch w/red light) :o

After my second run I was sure I would see a 12 second pass. :rolleyes: Oh well, my mods list is not complete.

Mango
06-10-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm too embarrassed to list all my times... ugghh

Goes something like

1st Run: 13.5 @ 100 mph
2nd Run: 13.6 @ 99 mph
3rd Run: 13.4 @ 103 mph
4th Run: Asleep at the tree

Dave
06-10-2007, 07:32 PM

Goes something like

weird you you didnt hit 103+ on every run. computer must be pulling timing. bad gas was probably the right diagnosis.

NINOSRT8
06-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Mango,
the air quality was not great today. When I was driving down I drove through some areas of mist. Our times could have been better with better air. I believe the other black stocker that ran 13.0's a few months ago had a 1st run of 13.2x @ 103-4, so the air quality cost him time and mph...

SpeedRacer333
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM

Goes something like

Mango? What's up bro? Maybe you should get your student with the new 300C srt8 to drive.

(I kid, I kid...)
As long as you had a good time is all that matters.

GotStroke?
06-10-2007, 08:23 PM
general provided these links in another thread, use them to see what you ran weather corrected:

Weather site most used with Historical Data and all parameters...just change the location
http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Irwindale.html

Most used Density Calculator site...
http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm

NHRA Elevation Correction
http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/nh...on_factors.php

NautcaSprt6
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
It was a great turnout, but my car was just not running properly.
The weather had alot to do with it. PLANE CRAP.

NINOSRT8
06-11-2007, 04:10 AM
I,m sure the weather cost me 12's. There were some NoS LX cars running some insane ET & MPH. There was a 300c SRT w/125 shot running traps of 116-118! :eek:

DavesSRT8
06-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Great meeting everyone at Etown Sunday. My son Chris and I had a great time. And yes, air was bad. Even with 1.8x 60 foot times, we were no where near our norm of 13.0x - 1st run was a 13.28 @104 - up to the 1/8th we were fine, but it fell on it's face after that.

At least it wasn't TOO hot, because there's no where to hide from the sun at Etown. The inconsistent times cost us a 1st round win in eliminations as our times were all over the place.

it was nice without ricers, although there was some large oildown that took forever to clean up, from a drag only car. but at least there was not an endless line of buz-buzz from the imports in the pits and in staging lanes.

hope to see everyone soon.

Dave + Chris

Mods: 180 thermo, PCV catch can, K&N, home made intake scoop

best times 13.02 @ 104.5, 1.8 60'

Dave
2007 JGCSRT8

NINOSRT8
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Dave, It was great to meet you and your son. I hope I will be doing the same thing with my son is say 15+ years (my son is 2). If you were off ~2 tenths your usual 13.0's, I can perhaps estimate that I would be in the 12's (with cool dry air) for sure running 3 consecutive runs of 13.0x's @ 105.7+ (my beast is in my sig)... My mods seem to be working well together so far. I have taken your advice and ordered a catch can. For $140 it can't hurt. I look forward to meeting others at the next event.

Inferno SRT8
06-11-2007, 04:14 PM
You guys need me to show up and drop some 12's in crappy air. :)

NINOSRT8
06-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Inferno, I was hoping to see a truck run with headers. I will be in the 12's next time for sure. Ed at SHR talked me out of SW headers. I will be doing Kooks and quiet B&B. That should be worth a little ET and MPH... I cant wait...

Inferno SRT8
06-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Inferno, I was hoping to see a truck run with headers. I will be in the 12's next time for sure. Ed at SHR talked me out of SW headers. I will be doing Kooks and quiet B&B. That should be worth a little ET and MPH... I cant wait...

That will push you into the 12's.

Ill be at the next Etown event.

NINOSRT8
06-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree... I want to run 12's regardless of the weather, then I will be satisfied. Even now with the little I have done to my truck, she runs hard. I will see you at the next event for sure.

HoustonSRT-8
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Ed at SHR talked me out of SW headers.

Why and for what reasons?

GotStroke?
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Why and for what reasons?

I'd like to know as well, seeing that they produced substantially more avg HP/TQ (and peak HP/TQ comparing SAE corrected 4th gear graphs) than the Kooks/Corsa combo (that Jeep also had a B&G stage II, port matched intake, and GSM spacers).
If you read the "redyno" thread it seems like he thinks Kooks are the end all be all. :confused:

Edwin, if you're going to mislead your customers, you shouldn't even carry the product. Actually, I doubt you'll even be a vendor after tomorrow, as SWorks won't tolerate favortism based on ignorance. Congrats, you just lost my B&G reflash sale. Hello, tbyrne and/or Diablo.

mrfreeze
06-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I'd like to know as well, seeing that they produced substantially more avg HP/TQ (and peak HP/TQ comparing SAE corrected 4th gear graphs) than the Kooks/Corsa combo (that Jeep also had a B&G stage II, port matched intake, and GSM spacers).
If you read the "redyno" thread it seems like he thinks Kooks are the end all be all. :confused:

Edwin, if you're going to mislead your customers, you shouldn't even carry the product. In fact, I doubt you'll even be a vendor after tomorrow. Congrats, you just lost my B&G reflash sale. Hello, tbyrne and/or Diablo.

i would also like to know why? as im in the market to buy some headers and from judging by the dyno results posted pretty much say's it all..

teda
06-11-2007, 07:12 PM

Edwin, if you're going to mislead your customers, you shouldn't even carry the product. In fact, I doubt you'll even be a vendor after tomorrow. Congrats, you just lost my B&G reflash sale. Hello, tbyrne and/or Diablo.

Little harsh kinda a quick aren't you? Just my take, but I havn't even heard why he talked the guy out of them yet. And you got some kind of inside info or a crystal ball? If you do, clue us all in why you doubt he'll still be a vendor here tomorrow. Just curious:eek:

GotStroke?
06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Little harsh kinda a quick aren't you? Just my take, but I havn't even heard why he talked the guy out of them yet. And you got some kind of inside info or a crystal ball? If you do, clue us all in why you doubt he'll still be a vendor here tomorrow. Just curious:eek:

No, it's not quick or harsh. There is indisputable evidence they are superior to the system he was talked into.

First, if you really care, read this thread: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4637 (Be sure to note Edwin's ignorant reply).

Then try and tell me why anyone would recommend Kooks/B&B over SWorks.
Quick comparison (info in detail found in that thread). SWorks makes more peak and avg HP/TQ, no CEL, uses higher quality steel and clamps, carries a lifetime warranty, and they're significantly less expensive to boot.

No crystal ball here, but I did just get off the phone with Ron (owner of SWorks) and he isn't a happy camper.

Inferno SRT8
06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
IMHO the KOOKS works and so do the SWorks, the numbers are so close just chalk it up to dyno's, pick your headers enjoy your purchase and dont squabble about 3-5 Ibs of TQ, im sure if me and GotStroke lined up we would be dead even.

I may be buying the SWorks cats soon and repiping my plumbing to have the cats side by side as the ONLY code I get with KOOKS is Bank 1 catalytic efficiency.

generalconfusion
06-11-2007, 08:52 PM
If Stainless Works is willing to just lend me a set of the headers and cats I would pay to install them and back to back test them against the KOOK/Corsa combo out here in SOCAL on the same dyno to end the controversy once and for all.

So let them know.....Kooks headers/hi-flow cats vs SW headers/hi- flow cats both with CORSA.....if they make substantially more I'LL BUY THEM!!!

Again, I'll pay for the install and dyno test.

GotStroke?
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
IMHO the KOOKS works and so do the SWorks, the numbers are so close just chalk it up to dyno's, pick your headers enjoy your purchase and dont squabble about 3-5 Ibs of TQ, im sure if me and GotStroke lined up we would be dead even.

I may be buying the SWorks cats soon and repiping my plumbing to have the cats side by side as the ONLY code I get with KOOKS is Bank 1 catalytic efficiency.

Tony I'm sure it would be a close race, but we're not talking about 3-5lb/ft, more like 20rwhp+/27rwtq+. That's the difference primary diameter can make.

GotStroke?
06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
If Stainless Works is willing to just lend me a set of the headers and cats I would pay to install them and back to back test them against the KOOK/Corsa combo out here in SOCAL on the same dyno to end the controversy once and for all.

So let them know.....Kooks headers/hi-flow cats vs SW headers/hi- flow cats both with CORSA.....if they make substantially more I'LL BUY THEM!!!

Again, I'll pay for the install and dyno test.

I'll pass the offer on if whoever reads this thread from SWorks tomorrow doesn't see your post Steve. You da man.

GodfatherSRT8
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Is there anyone else that has SW system? GS how long have you had this setup on your truck??

GotStroke?
06-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Is there anyone else that has SW system? GS how long have you had this setup on your truck??

~1400 miles. Yes, there are others, Ron said quite a few actually, though evidently none of them post online. Tbyrne said he had sold a few sets, maybe he could give more input?

HoustonSRT-8
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM

Edwin, if you're going to mislead your customers, you shouldn't even carry the product. Actually, I doubt you'll even be a vendor after tomorrow, as SWorks won't tolerate favortism based on ignorance. Congrats, you just lost my B&G reflash sale. Hello, tbyrne and/or Diablo.
Wow, I was just asking a simple question.

generalconfusion
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll pass the offer on if whoever reads this thread from SWorks tomorrow doesn't see your post Steve. You da man.

Andy
Seriously........I would test them at no cost to Stainless Works.....and like I said IF they make at least 15hp/15tq......that would put me over the 390hp at the wheels.......and if so I will buy them.

I will post the power results and general fit, finish and street response compared to the Kooks.

Let me know.

GotStroke?
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Andy
Seriously........I would test them at no cost to Stainless Works.....and like I said IF they make at least 15hp/15tq......that would put me over the 390hp at the wheels.......and if so I will buy them.

I will post the power results and general fit, finish and street response compared to the Kooks.

Let me know.

Steve, I will.

teda
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
No, it's not quick or harsh. There is indisputable evidence they are superior to the system he was talked into.

First, if you really care, read this thread: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4637 (Be sure to note Edwin's ignorant reply).

Then try and tell me why anyone would recommend Kooks/B&B over SWorks.
Quick comparison (info in detail found in that thread). SWorks makes more peak and avg HP/TQ, no CEL, uses higher quality steel and clamps, carries a lifetime warranty, and they're significantly less expensive to boot.

No crystal ball here, but I did just get off the phone with Ron (owner of SWorks) and he isn't a happy camper.

You are entitled to you opinion same as I'm entitled to mine. I stand by what I said. "Quick and harsh". I read the linked thread, lotta info.... but you are missing my point.

I have no desire to try and tell you anything since I have absolutely no idea why he recommended Kooks over Sworks. Do you? That was not specified in original post.

I can read what your writing man but lighten up, sounds like you're a little pi**ed....don't get your panties in a wad...it's all good.

Dave
06-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Andy

Let me know.

The results of this test (should it happen) will be the deciding factor for myself (as well as likely many other members) as to which headers I purchase.

Sworks I hope you're listening.

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 01:40 AM
You are entitled to you opinion same as I'm entitled to mine. I stand by what I said. "Quick and harsh". I read the linked thread, lotta info.... but you are missing my point.

Ok, I'll give you quick, but that wasn't close to harsh;)

I have no desire to try and tell you anything since I have absolutely no idea why he recommended Kooks over Sworks. Do you? That was not specified in original post.

I don't need to know what SHR said to realize that a truely objective person wouldn't have pushed a customer away from a superior product. Call it a hunch, but I'm willing to bet that Nino didn't call SHR and ask Ed how to spend the most money and make less than optimal power in doing so.

I can read what your writing man but lighten up, sounds like you're a little pi**ed....don't get your panties in a wad...it's all good.

Pissed? Hardly. Irritated? Yes, both, personally, and professionally.
Personally, in brief summation, I think it sucks that Nino will end up spending more money and making less power.
From a professional standpoint, though I've only been writing about cars and the automotive aftermarket for ~4.5 years, I've been around the scene for a long time. In that time I've had the chance to work with a few reputable companies and a great deal more non reputable ones. You'd be surprised how many big name shops kick out absolute junk for work; I mean big name vendors with huge marketing budgets. In all honesty only a handful of companies or less have truly impressed me, and Stainless Works is one of them. Not once have I ever heard of or seen anything bad about or from them. As I've said in the past, in every exhaust comparison I've seen or been a part of, their systems always make more power than the competitors. For a customer to be mislead and misinformed by a biased party who they should be able to trust for a straight answer is quite frankly, pretty ****ty. Bad press (even when it's incorrect) spreads like wildfire, and companies go under all the time in this undeserving manner.
If Edwin had real contradicting data to mine, he'd have a leg to stand on, but to date I've seen nothing but unverified biased opinion.

teda
06-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Ok, I'll give you quick, but that wasn't close to harsh;)

I don't need to know what SHR said to realize that a truely objective person wouldn't have pushed a customer away from a superior product. Call it a hunch, but I'm willing to bet that Nino didn't call SHR and ask Ed how to spend the most money and make less than optimal power in doing so.

Pissed? Hardly. Irritated? Yes, both, personally, and professionally.
Personally, in brief summation, I think it sucks that Nino will end up spending more money and making less power.
From a professional standpoint, though I've only been writing about cars and the automotive aftermarket for ~4.5 years, I've been around the scene for a long time. In that time I've had the chance to work with a few reputable companies and a great deal more non reputable ones. You'd be surprised how many big name shops kick out absolute junk for work; I mean big name vendors with huge marketing budgets. In all honesty only a handful of companies or less have truly impressed me, and Stainless Works is one of them. Not once have I ever heard of or seen anything bad about or from them. As I've said in the past, in every exhaust comparison I've seen or been a part of, their systems always make more power than the competitors. For a customer to be mislead and misinformed by a biased party who they should be able to trust for a straight answer is quite frankly, pretty ****ty. Bad press (even when it's incorrect) spreads like wildfire, and companies go under all the time in this undeserving manner.
If Edwin had real contradicting data to mine, he'd have a leg to stand on, but to date I've seen nothing but unverified biased opinion.

Good post GS.....Now I fully understand your overall position a little clearer.

I have probably read every post you have ever made. I must say that 99.9% of them have been extremely informative, and I have enjoyed them all.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement or questioning in my opinion, and there should be nothing that can't be discussed in a non demeaning manner. Knowledge is power, and I am not calling your knowledge or experience out. Was just asking for more of it in this particular case as I believed we had none regarding why this particular "suggestion" (i.e "talked me out of it") was made. You have more than once provided tons of that.

I will also say that I do not see a Hennessey vs. whomever issue here. And, also, that regarding SHR, there have been a lot of good things said about Edwin's service to the members here. (No disrespect Tony) but personally I am leaning towards Sworks and ASM. :)

Just as in the tuner/ eng.mgt area, header choices are severly limited for those looking to purchase. The more accurate info dispensed, the more informed choices can be made. Please understand, regarding your info input, I consider it top drawer. Keep it coming.

In closing, my only other question is why the Hell we are both still running DubAir intakes when they supposedly lose hp with with their filter/tube set up? :D

Keep on trucking, and have a good one.
T.

Mango
06-12-2007, 05:21 AM
teda cracks me up. You always comment on "I've read all of your posts...." and whether or not they're constructive or contributory to the forums. Then they usually go into a debate on whether or not the opinions stated are relevant, etc. Haha! It's the internet man! RELAX!

I think we should give teda a new Member Title:

"Official Post Inspector"

:)

NINOSRT8
06-12-2007, 05:57 AM
OK, Here's the whole story... As you all know I am very happy with my track results without an exhaust. Of corse I wanted 12.99, but my MPH is there and with better air I would be there for sure. That said, I made up my mind that I would like a daily driver that can run 12.6-12.8 @ ~108-9 (much like inferno's with only bolt ons).
I called Ed at SHR and I actually wanted to try the SW, I do feel that for a bolt on car the 1 3/4 primaries are sufficient (which is all I intend to do right now). Simply put Ed said that he has been in several jeeps with Kooks and is sure of the results. He will not recomend a product over another unless he is completely sure that they produce results. I was waiting for him to talk to Kooks today becasus they say they have a jeep that is running around for some time with sims and still have not seen a CEL, that is all I was waiting for. Ed has provided excellent customer service and will continue to get my business.
As for my choice of headers I do feel that I would like to see some track results of the SW before I am swayed in that direction.
Stroke, please don't feel like I dont believe your results. I actually was leaning away from the crowd on this one due to my unfounded gut feelings on this topic. The money is burning a hole in my pocket, I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger.

Inferno SRT8
06-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Tony I'm sure it would be a close race, but we're not talking about 3-5lb/ft, more like 20rwhp+/27rwtq+. That's the difference primary diameter can make.

I agree the dyno shows SWorks work also, headers are headers they work!

I will most likely get the SW cats and pipe them in like yours are, but im going to stick with the KOOKS due to the larger primarys as I may be doing heads/cam and F/I so the larger primary will help me there.

Now remember my 12.5 was with a stock PCM, no Tstat, no spacers, coolant at 215 degrees basicaly no truck prep.

Andy get to the track dammit! My best in 70 degree weather was 12.6, I want to see what she will do in higher temps and more humidity, very curious.

Tony

SOUTHERNHOTROD
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Dude.... Who the hell are you to say that I am misleading my customers?

I am not saying that Stainless Works is a bad product. I am saying that KOOKS are proven power adders. You are the ONLY guy running these headers and it sure sound like you work for them.

Remember a dyno is a tuning tool, NOT a Horsepower measuring stick. Go to the track to get real info on your mods!

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Good post GS.....Now I fully understand your overall position a little clearer.

I have probably read every post you have ever made. I must say that 99.9% of them have been extremely informative, and I have enjoyed them all.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement or questioning in my opinion, and there should be nothing that can't be discussed in a non demeaning manner. Knowledge is power, and I am not calling your knowledge or experience out. Was just asking for more of it in this particular case as I believed we had none regarding why this particular "suggestion" (i.e "talked me out of it") was made. You have more than once provided tons of that.

I will also say that I do not see a Hennessey vs. whomever issue here. And, also, that regarding SHR, there have been a lot of good things said about Edwin's service to the members here. (No disrespect Tony) but personally I am leaning towards Sworks and ASM. :)

Just as in the tuner/ eng.mgt area, header choices are severly limited for those looking to purchase. The more accurate info dispensed, the more informed choices can be made. Please understand, regarding your info input, I consider it top drawer. Keep it coming.

In closing, my only other question is why the Hell we are both still running DubAir intakes when they supposedly lose hp with with their filter/tube set up? :D

Keep on trucking, and have a good one.
T.

Thanks for understanding my position teda. I absolutely agree with what you're saying, the more data out there the better off we are, and that sometimes in order for said facts to come out disputes and/or disagreements may arise. In the end as long as the comments don't become personal, this discussion benefits us all.
As for our CAIs, lol, no comment;) If it's actually costing me HP I'll be both pissed and happy, lol.

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 12:46 PM
OK, Here's the whole story... As you all know I am very happy with my track results without an exhaust. Of corse I wanted 12.99, but my MPH is there and with better air I would be there for sure. That said, I made up my mind that I would like a daily driver that can run 12.6-12.8 @ ~108-9 (much like inferno's with only bolt ons).
I called Ed at SHR and I actually wanted to try the SW, I do feel that for a bolt on car the 1 3/4 primaries are sufficient (which is all I intend to do right now). Simply put Ed said that he has been in several jeeps with Kooks and is sure of the results. He will not recomend a product over another unless he is completely sure that they produce results. I was waiting for him to talk to Kooks today becasus they say they have a jeep that is running around for some time with sims and still have not seen a CEL, that is all I was waiting for. Ed has provided excellent customer service and will continue to get my business.
As for my choice of headers I do feel that I would like to see some track results of the SW before I am swayed in that direction.
Stroke, please don't feel like I dont believe your results. I actually was leaning away from the crowd on this one due to my unfounded gut feelings on this topic. The money is burning a hole in my pocket, I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger.

Thanks for chiming in with some additional info Nino, and I aplogize if I derailed your thread, though as you're about to find out, a lot of good is about to come out of it. :D

Steve clear out your PM box, we have an answer.

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Dude.... Who the hell are you to say that I am misleading my customers?

What do you expect me to say when testing has shown the advantage in SWorks corner with regard to performance, build quality, warranty, etc, basically every facet of comparison?

I am not saying that Stainless Works is a bad product. I am saying that KOOKS are proven power adders. You are the ONLY guy running these headers and it sure sound like you work for them.

My take, and I don't mean this in a derogatory way, is that you have no idea what you're talking about. It's not SWorks, Nino's or my fault that you have no experience with Stainless Works products. If I were a customer looking to buy a part of group of parts from a vendor and found they had no experience with them I'd look elsewhere.
As for me being an employee, I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not. I write for Primedia (MT, 5.0&SFs, etc.) on the side. In doing so as I've already stated I've had the opportunity to work with a TON of aftermarket vendors/suppliers/builders, etc. Only on rare occassions will you see me stand up and back one of them. Why? Simply because most of them are ****. I've seen well known shops install used parts in cars where customers paid for new stock; everything from diff gears to ported cylinder heads. Shop owners taking vehicles out without owner permission and beating the snot out of them. The list goes on, but my point is, when I run into a reputable outfit, that makes a high quality product which makes more power than it's competition, uses higher quality componentry, and is backed with a lifetime guarantee, they have my vote.
I'm not saying Kooks are bad or that they make a subpar product, just in this case, SWorks makes a better one. The good news is you won't have to take my word or my independant dyno testing for it, Stainless Works has agreed to ship Steve a full exhaust for testing free of charge.

Remember a dyno is a tuning tool, NOT a Horsepower measuring stick. Go to the track to get real info on your mods!

I don't disagree that track testing isn't also a credible way to measure power, however you can't say that gains of 20/25+ at the wheels are insignificant. Remember, these are both DynoJets, both 4th gear SAE corrected pulls.

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I agree the dyno shows SWorks work also, headers are headers they work!

I will most likely get the SW cats and pipe them in like yours are, but im going to stick with the KOOKS due to the larger primarys as I may be doing heads/cam and F/I so the larger primary will help me there.

Now remember my 12.5 was with a stock PCM, no Tstat, no spacers, coolant at 215 degrees basicaly no truck prep.

Andy get to the track dammit! My best in 70 degree weather was 12.6, I want to see what she will do in higher temps and more humidity, very curious.

Tony

Tony,
We both know you have a good running truck, and you deserve credit for being one of the first to take the plunge with (at the time) unproven parts.
I'm planning on running at Norwalk on the 22nd (weather permitting) though we're going to have to weather correct both of our ET/Traps to make this a truly fair comparison. Norwalk normally sees 2000-2500ft DAs, only in October will it dip into the 500-1000ft range.
Remember, I'm not bashing Kooks product or your decision. As you can see we'll soon have quite a bit more data from Steve and myself. This should help a few people make up their own minds.

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Steve your PM box is full but SWorks has agreed to send you a full exhaust to test vs. your present setup. It actually might make testing easier due to you not having to modify your present cat setup.
Shoot me a PM when you get a chance so I can hook you up with Ron. Looks like we're going to have even more definitive data in the near future thanks to a great company and a stand up individual.

Inferno SRT8
06-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Tony,
We both know you have a good running truck, and you deserve credit for being one of the first to take the plunge with (at the time) unproven parts.
I'm planning on running at Norwalk on the 22nd (weather permitting) though we're going to have to weather correct both of our ET/Traps to make this a truly fair comparison. Norwalk normally sees 2000-2500ft DAs, only in October will it dip into the 500-1000ft range.
Remember, I'm not bashing Kooks product or your decision. As you can see we'll soon have quite a bit more data from Steve and myself. This should help a few people make up their own minds.

Andy im not bashing anyone or SWorks I just want to see what you run I get no money or anything If anyone buys KOOKS or SW's.

Get to the track! :)

generalconfusion
06-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Steve your PM box is full but SWorks has agreed to send you a full exhaust to test vs. your present setup. It actually might make testing easier due to you not having to modify your present cat setup.
Shoot me a PM when you get a chance so I can hook you up with Ron. Looks like we're going to have even more definitive data in the near future thanks to a great company and a stand up individual.

Just got out of all my meetings.......just opened the thread......I'll PM you my cell #....I'am reall anxious to test these asap....I can even run them at Qualcomm next Friday night......Call before 4:45 or just after 6:00pm my time......even old guys go to the gym!

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 04:31 PM
LOL, I have a quick approval meeting then heading to the gym myself. I'll be done by 10pm EST, and will call at 7pm your time if that's ok.

Thanks

Dave
06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
This is great news, thanks for making it happen on Sworks end.

NINOSRT8
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
If it is clearly illustrated that SW headers make the same peak HP and have more powere under the curve I will buy them for sure. Thanks for getting SW to put their headers to the test.

Stroke, have you seen a CEL yet???

GotStroke?
06-12-2007, 07:50 PM
This is great news, thanks for making it happen on Sworks end.

Thanks, but Steve and Ron/SWorks deserve all the credit. They are going above and beyond the call for the good of everyone. This is the type of thing we don't see enough of.

Nino, no, and I have exactly 1344 miles on the setup presently.

HoustonSRT-8
06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Steve your PM box is full but SWorks has agreed to send you a full exhaust to test vs. your present setup.

Holy cow. :eek:

SOUTHERNHOTROD
06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Can't wait to see the results!

GotStroke?, If the SW headers make more power, or the same power for that matter, I will start recommending them.

Also... GotStroke? If you get a chance, give me a call. I would like to talk to you about this KOOKS vs. SW issue.

Thanks! :D

GotStroke?
06-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Can't wait to see the results!

GotStroke?, If the SW headers make more power, or the same power for that matter, I will start recommending them.

Also... GotStroke? If you get a chance, give me a call. I would like to talk to you about this KOOKS vs. SW issue.

Thanks! :D

Sounds good to me. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

NINOSRT8
06-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Ed, As we spoke a few days ago my gut says SW will be just as effective if not more on a bolt on car. Also, Stroke has yet to see a CEL!!! I have cash in hand, I can't wait!!!