Nitrous Express? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Nitrous Express?

Jeff
06-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Looking to get a Nitrous Express set up for the Jeep. They seem to put together a quality kit. Full throttle TPS switch, fuel pressure sensors, etc. Anyone have this kit installed? Opinion's? Probably only going to run a 50 or maybe a 75hp shot.

Go~RillaWRX
06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
i am not sure if anyone has the NE kit. But its all about safety w/ nitrous. (i dont have it yet, but i will, and I have done lotsa research). I think any of the big companies kits will do the trick, and they all have similar features and add ons. Make sure you get a wet kit, and you might as well get 1 step colder plugs and do a 100 shot. Youll end up doing it later anyway. Bevsjeep runs the Zex kit and likes it alot, and the Cobra guy has a peiced together kit that seemed pretty good (although his initial install was not clean and everyone flamed him) it f-ing worked though. Anyway, point is, I am sure the NE kit will work great. Just go for the 100 shot though.

runnin 9s
06-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I run a NOS kit that so cleanly installed you can not see it. I would agree with go rilla do the wet and a 100 shot. Last night I ran a 90-100 shot out here in CA at a track that is at 600ft above sea level and a DA about 1500ft and ran 7.74 1/8 with a 60ft of 1.68. my second run I changed jets to 115-120 and ran 7.66 with a 1.63 60ft. These kits can work great and safe if properly installed, and you will have fun.

Go~RillaWRX
06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I would love to see pics of your install and setup if possible, i really want to have a nice clean stealth install.

FFSP
06-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I would love to see pics of your install and setup if possible, i really want to have a nice clean stealth install.

Please post pics.:D

Jeff
06-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I am looking to pay Tbryne motor sports for the install. I really want the ultimate stealth look. I want to be able to bring it to the dealer for oil changes and not have them notice. And yes I am more than willing to pay them for the time this will take. Going to talk to them next week. As for the kit it will definitely be a wet kit but I am really going to hold myself to a 50 shot. Reading up on the Nitrous Express kit they seem to have all the right parts to make it work flawlessly.

EX-SVTMAN
06-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I am looking to pay Tbryne motor sports for the install. I really want the ultimate stealth look. I want to be able to bring it to the dealer for oil changes and not have them notice. And yes I am more than willing to pay them for the time this will take. Going to talk to them next week. As for the kit it will definitely be a wet kit but I am really going to hold myself to a 50 shot. Reading up on the Nitrous Express kit they seem to have all the right parts to make it work flawlessly.

Take it to the dealer and not have them notice? lol...I dont care how stealth they install it, there's no way the dealer will miss that unless it's the janitor doing the oil change...and even then I think he'll catch it.
Don't push it when it comes to the dealer because they tend to go over these trucks w a fine tooth comb...they know enthusiasts buy these trucks and we all love speed.

SRT8Inferno
06-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I run the NX kit on my GCSRT8 jetted at 125HP. Very, very fast off the line and from a roll. The Dash Hawk shows quite a bit of timing being pulled when on the gas but it doesn't seem to be from knock. I think there may be a load based table in the PCM that pulls timing when engine load goes through the roof! Any one else with a Dash Hawk see a drop in timing when spraying?