Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Cai?

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  quick1 
#1 ·
Lookin for CAI any suggestions on whats the best? lookin for best hp gain and also carries a nice sound

#6 ·
ok thanks for the help i ordered it this morning. Im in Paradise valley

#7 ·
I dropped my Volant CAI in a few days ago and god damn i'm impressed. I didn't realize how much more bad ass the engine would sound with one of these otherwise i would have done it weeks ago! So worth the money.

#10 ·
My Volant arrives next week (Holiday) pending.

I searched around too and the Volant "seems" to be the only "true" CAI out there. Literally the top and everything else is sealed. Plus the air "Tube" is poly (plastic), so it shouldn't retain the heat like the aluminum/steel ones do. Searh for the "snorkel Mod" too. I believe this is also benificial with the Volant (or any CAI). It also has a secondary "bottom" entry for the "brake-duct" mod for (2) cold-air inlet's. (Remove all heat sources as possible!) Inferno is now an expert on what it takes to remove heat from the engine, which is a big problem on these GC's.

The Mopar CAI is probably the "only" thing on Inferno's ride I wouldn't want.:D :D (cause I sure want everything he has on that ride) (LOL)

#11 ·
I just installed Volant with the brake duct and snorkle mod, It feels like it my be getting more air than stock. I will know more when I go back to the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.