Kooks LT's or Corsa exhaust?? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Kooks LT's or Corsa exhaust??

c24p13
05-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Which will be more beneficial a stock exhaust with Kooks LT's or a Corsa performence exhaust system. If my dealership installs the headers will i throw codes or something to do with the cel light???

Inferno SRT8
05-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Which will be more beneficial a stock exhaust with Kooks LT's or a Corsa performence exhaust system. If my dealership installs the headers will i throw codes or something to do with the cel light???

The Headers will give you a CEL every 200-300 miles, but the power the headers give you is second to none.

Get a Dashhawk.

c24p13
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
is there any alternative thing i could use i dont want to cluster up a big computer on my dash. can the dealership take it off, because i know a guy who will install them for me there.

Inferno SRT8
05-21-2007, 07:01 PM
is there any alternative thing i could use i dont want to cluster up a big computer on my dash. can the dealership take it off, because i know a guy who will install them for me there.

Its not a big computer its about 2" in height and 4" long

c24p13
05-21-2007, 07:02 PM
So your telling me theres no possible way for the sealership to plug in their computer and tell it not to throw cel warnings

Inferno SRT8
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
So your telling me theres no possible way for the sealership to plug in their computer and tell it not to throw cel warnings

Nope cant be done, thats why we are all complaining about getting a real tuner out for these SRT8's.

For now the Dashhawk or other devices are it.

c24p13
05-21-2007, 07:10 PM
So Kook headers and stock exhaust will sound the best, or should i just look into a corsa system?

Inferno SRT8
05-21-2007, 07:18 PM
So Kook headers and stock exhaust will sound the best, or should i just look into a corsa system?

Pair the headers up with Corsa and you will have one GREAT sounding SRT8!

c24p13
05-21-2007, 07:20 PM
well ill only have a choice between one of the two, and it doesnt seem like many people havethe corsa exhaust. Not sure wat to do.

c24p13
05-21-2007, 07:26 PM
i dont think a 1500 dollar exhaust system will satisfy me with a price like that..why not get some power for that price with a pair of kooks headers. Will they sound good on the stock exhaust

cmn1
05-21-2007, 07:50 PM
i dont think a 1500 dollar exhaust system will satisfy me with a price like that..why not get some power for that price with a pair of kooks headers. Will they sound good on the stock exhaust
Stainless works headers haven't thrown a code yet. http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4433

SilveRT8
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Stainless works headers haven't thrown a code yet. http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4433

Would you say Stainless Works and Kooks should have about the same power or any one better?. I'm tempted by the Stainless with stock exhaust, because they dont throw a cel and I think they come wiyh metallic cats that seem of better quality.
Claude

OBSRT8
05-21-2007, 08:43 PM
well ill only have a choice between one of the two, and it doesnt seem like many people havethe corsa exhaust. Not sure wat to do.

Just go to the first thread in this performance section (exhaust poll) and see what is the most popular exhaust.

GotStroke?
05-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Both Kooks and Stainless Works make quality products. However, I know for a fact that everything SWorks uses, from the 304 Everlast Stainless, 300cpi Random Tech metallic substrate cats, to the McKee Pipe Benders, to the laser cutters, to the machinists that run them are 100% top notch.
I'm extremely confident the full Stainless Works setup on my Jeep would show as much and probably more of a gain, now that I've put a few hundred miles on it, than a Kooks/Corsa or Mopar combo. Unfortunately I'm 2.5hrs from the dyno Stainless Works uses and during the immediate post test the PCM dumped fuel and pulled timing.
I don't know the brand or cell count of the cats used with Kooks LTs, but I do know that Stainless Works has the only full 3" (from the collectors back) exhaust on the market--the others are 2.75" like stock. Both SWorks and Kooks LTs use 1 3/4" primaries; though again, I'm not sure on the diameter of the collectors used on the Kooks.
After I get tuned I'll head up to Norwalk and get some runs in. I've heard from more than one person lately that Diablo is truely close to releasing a handheld in the next 30 days or so. I know we've heard that line a few times before, but if it doesn't pan out I'll just go B&G and be done with it.

GotStroke?
05-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Just go to the first thread in this performance section (exhaust poll) and see what is the most popular exhaust.

Winning a popularity contest is hardly an objective way to judge these kinds of products. Especially when one system has been on the market for a year longer than the other.

c24p13
05-21-2007, 08:51 PM
the stainless works are tempting. how much did they run you. Just headers

GotStroke?
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Pricing, Pictures, Video of the Stainless Works system (WOT clips at end, everything else in first post), they are cheaper than Kooks: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3819

Group Purchase on Stainless Works Exhaust Products (reduced pricing from above) : http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3835

SilveRT8
05-21-2007, 09:05 PM
THANX Stroke, good info
Claude

panajeep
05-21-2007, 09:24 PM
kooks and corsa the best team ...................NUMBER 1...........

OBSRT8
05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Winning a popularity contest is hardly an objective way to judge these kinds of products. Especially when one system has been on the market for a year longer than the other.

The only point I was trying to make was that he said that he didn't think many were using the corsa exhaust.As far as being popular,I think if something wins a popularity contest it is very objective way to judge it.Are you saying that everyone on this forum that went with the corsa does not know what they are doing?Think again!

GotStroke?
05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
The only point I was trying to make was that he said that he didn't think many were using the corsa exhaust.As far as being popular,I think if something wins a popularity contest it is very objective way to judge it.Are you saying that everyone on this forum that went with the corsa does not know what they are doing?Think again!

Sorry if I misunderstood, but I stand by what I said in regard to a popularity contest being a bad way to judge the quality of a product. Think about the fact that Kooks (LT headers) had zero competition until SWorks released their system within the past 1.5 mos. Don't you think that may sway the voting, just a little bit ;) I can also think of countless examples to back my case, for instance: I wouldn't touch anything from BBK despite the fact that seemingly 1 in 3-4 Mustangs whose owners post on the net have at least one part from them. The list goes on...

GotStroke?
05-22-2007, 12:09 PM
THANX Stroke, good info
Claude

NP. Just trying to keep up with some of the stockers around here. ;)

SOUTHERNHOTROD
05-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Call me when you are ready. I'll get you a great deal on any of the parts discussed in this thread!

Thanks!