More Oil Seperator MFG's [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: More Oil Seperator MFG's

generalconfusion
05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Here are two more oil catch can manufacturers for you guys that dont want the AMW. Seems the Corvette/GTO guys really went through the research because of the problem they were having. These two units look interesting.

http://www.mckinneyraceworks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/Catch_Can.html

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm

OBSRT8
05-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the great info.They all look like they will do the job.

DavesSRT8
06-08-2007, 05:28 AM
After comparing the AMW catch can which I have used before on my Lightning, and the Elite engineering, I went with the elite. Very nice construction, similar to AMW, and the internal 'steel wool' is set up about the same way, although there is a difference in how it is captured.

I used these fittings to get to 1/2", from www.mcmaster.com:

91465-K181 - push-on brass hose fitting, barbed x male for 1/2" hose ID, 1/4" pipe size - quantity 1 (pack of 5) ($8.26)

50785-K42 - med pressure extruded brass thread pipe fitting, 1/8" x 1/4" pipe size, male x female 90 degree reducing elbow - quantity 2 ($3.20)

1/2" ID heater hose from Pep boys, marked "can be used for fuel and oil"

after swapping out the fittings, i attached the VERY nice aluminum billet bracket to the catch can and bolted it to the passenger side empty threaded hole in front of head (8 x 25mm bolt). Bracket fits exactly on Jeep and is quite a bit beefier than the AMW one I have used before.

Mango
06-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Dave, thank you SO much for posting these numbers. I'm convinced after seeing it in person today at E-town...and with Sarges initial thrust into making this a known resolution...that this mod truly does work.

I've ordered the catch can and all the parts. :)

SRT8UUP
06-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Mango, which one did you go with?

generalconfusion
06-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Dave, thank you SO much for posting these numbers. I'm convinced after seeing it in person today at E-town...and with Sarges initial thrust into making this a known resolution...that this mod truly does work.

I've ordered the catch can and all the parts. :)

Mango
Try to get a can of BG fuel cleaner......really strong stuff....it will clean the ijectors and the port to the intake valve......then get a can of throttle body cleaner spray.......and spray it into the vacuum source above the throttle body......you will need that second person to keep the vehicle running because it will want to die. I set up a longer hose connected to that port......the engine will want to die but keep your finger over it with enough room for the spray nozzle hose......just keep squirting it ......it will break up all the oil in the manifold.

Mango
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
THANK YOU Sarge, I will get the cleaners and do this tomorrow when the catch can comes.

I went with the Elite Engineering catch can that DavesSRT8 is using. It's VERY well made, comes with a bracket and fits perfectly in the space Sarge initially had his.

GotStroke?
06-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Don't forget to change your oil after using those cleaners.

generalconfusion
06-11-2007, 02:52 PM
THANK YOU Sarge, I will get the cleaners and do this tomorrow when the catch can comes.

I went with the Elite Engineering catch can that DavesSRT8 is using. It's VERY well made, comes with a bracket and fits perfectly in the space Sarge initially had his.

Actually.......if you are considering the phenolic spacers......NOW is the time. When you remove the manifold you can literally wipe alot of it up from around the manifold and spray the interior of the manifold clean.

Either way the BG in the tank is some good stuff for cleaning the intake tract and top of pistons........if the gunk has built up on the pistons, that can cause detonation.

Back where you guys live your times should have been better than what you posted. Try some of these little tuning tips.