Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Spied; 480-hp 6.4-Liter Hemi V8 Included [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Spied; 480-hp 6.4-Liter Hemi V8 Included

Pages : [1] 2

Administrator
06-30-2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/jeep-grand-cherokee-f34-thumb-717x477-400x266.jpg

The folks at Jeep might not admit it yet, but they don't have to any more. That's right, an all-new SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee is on its way.

Recent spy photos show a version of the 2011 Grand Cherokee sporting a covered font fascia that is noticeably lower than the standard one. Plus, the big SUV has wider fenders, larger wheels and a lowered ride height.

As for what's under the hood, the new SRT8 model it tipped to get Chrysler's larger 6.4-liter Hemi V8, making 480-hp and 460 ft-lbs of torque just like in the upcoming Challenger SRT8. Also set to be included is a new 8-speed automatic transmission.

Combined with much-improved luxury interiors, perhaps Jeep will make good on its promise to give the BMW X5 M a run for its money.

More: Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Spied; 480-hp 6.4-Liter Hemi V8 Included (http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010/06/jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8-spied-480-hp-6-4-liter-hemi-v8-included.html) on AutoGuide.com

YoungMedic23
06-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Still gonna be ugly and boxy

Also that's a minimal power improvement considering the heavier weight...

So much for hardcore go fast junkies

8TRS
06-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I was hoping for a bit more... Quite a bit more HP/TQ with the weight increases in suspenstion and transmision it will prob be the same ratio as now and there wont be many bolt ons for a couple years (from now)

I would love a special edition with new paint colors and weight reduction package like audi is doing. I can see gas milage being greatly improved but it better not lose its launch!!

Blown-WK
06-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I can't believe all the criticism here. With the horrible economy the past few years its a miracle this new gen SRT8 is even seeing the light of day. I think its badass that the SRT8 brand is still going strong and coming out with new technology.

navyavi469
06-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I knew there was NO WAY Chrysler was going to squeeze 100 more horsepower out of the WK2 by just upping the displacement .3 Litres. At least, not without radically changing the cam, exhaust, and intake; not to mentioning throwing gas and soccer-mom drivability out the window.

8TRS
06-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Its not out yet....

navyavi469
06-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Bill we're going to need an updated version of that 8-speed gearbox that can handle 1500 horsepower. Got it?

Blown-WK
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Bill we're going to need an updated version of that 8-speed gearbox that can handle 1500 horsepower. Got it?

Or how about adapting the 8-speed into our Gen1 SRT8's:eek:

Andy
06-30-2010, 01:23 PM
You cant look at it as only an increase of 60 peak hp. The VVT is going to increase low rpm response that much more. This 60hp gain will be accompanied by much more low rpm performance as well as with an 8-speed tranny. I am excited about this one and cant wait to pull the engine apart and check it out.

Rose City GC SRT8
06-30-2010, 01:47 PM
How are you gonna get an 8-speed scheduled for 2013 into a 2011, or a 2012 for that matter? The plant for the ZF 8-speed isn't even online.

brutten
06-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I can't believe all the criticism here. With the horrible economy the past few years its a miracle this new gen SRT8 is even seeing the light of day. I think its badass that the SRT8 brand is still going strong and coming out with new technology.

Correct me if I am wrong but as a limited production (andprofitable) unit they sell 100% of them every year. That's what our economy needs :)

KINGMONKEY
06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Here's some more info

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8.html

black_srt_8
07-02-2010, 04:17 AM
am really disappointed that it just have more 60hp than what we have now :(

at least give us more 100hp, we will be under x5m by 35hp

Muellge
07-02-2010, 04:32 AM
am really disappointed that it just have more 60hp than what we have now :(

at least give us more 100hp, we will be under x5m by 35hp

how much weight did they add to it? Bad enough to look like a mid decade x5 or older Cayenne but did they also make it as heavy?

1badsuv
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Still gonna be ugly and boxy

Also that's a minimal power improvement considering the heavier weight...

So much for hardcore go fast junkies

honestly hardcore go fast junkies dont buy jeep cherokees to race...they get them for their wives and have REAL fast cars. Hardcore is more 7s and 8s in the 1/4, not 10's and 11's. lol

YoungMedic23
07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
honestly hardcore go fast junkies dont buy jeep cherokees to race...they get them for their wives and have REAL fast cars. Hardcore is more 7s and 8s in the 1/4, not 10's and 11's. lol

You my friend are incorrect

I could easily have bought a dedicated drag car but the fact that that i want a low 10 second track and DAILY DRIVEN vehicle which means i'm getting TWICE my fix of racing as opposed to a trailer queen.....

Also the fact that some of us spend money on these marked up parts for a 5,000lb SUV as opposed to cheap parts for a let's say a 5.0 means we are that much as hardcore to crave our addiction

Go fast junkies aren't classified in time brackets.....all different times, cars, purposes....drag, road course, top speed, canyons...

I prefer to live the race life 100% of the time with some compromises....street tire street king and street tire strip drag king

1badsuv
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
You my friend are incorrect

I could easily have bought a dedicated drag car but the fact that that i want a low 10 second track and DAILY DRIVEN vehicle which means i'm getting TWICE my fix of racing as opposed to a trailer queen.....

Also the fact that some of us spend money on these marked up parts for a 5,000lb SUV as opposed to cheap parts for a let's say a 5.0 means we are that much as hardcore to crave our addiction

Go fast junkies aren't classified in time brackets.....all different times, cars, purposes....drag, road course, top speed, canyons...

I prefer to live the race life 100% of the time with some compromises....street tire street king and street tire strip drag king

you make no sense. if i put alot of power in a school bus and go 15 seconds in the 1/4 am i a horsepower junkie? you dont live the race life, who are you kidding, going 11s in a jeep? bro 8 second cars cost way more than jeep srt8s, you never built one, and never drove one, and have no idea what it takes to go 8s.(which was fast 2 years ago) now its 7s.

YoungMedic23
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
you make no sense. if i put alot of power in a school bus and go 15 seconds in the 1/4 am i a horsepower junkie? you dont live the race life, who are you kidding, going 11s in a jeep? bro 8 second cars cost way more than jeep srt8s, you never built one, and never drove one, and have no idea what it takes to go 8s.(which was fast 2 years ago) now its 7s.

So because i don't spend $100k+ on a vehicle to hit 7's means I'm not a go fast junkie?

Get over yourself....that's just your measly opinion since you feel that hardcore go fast people are categorized by times and money spent.....that's ridiculous....

I'm making my current vehicle go as fast as it possibly can....and yes there are school buses that do wheelies and fast times...those same people doing that also have 7 second drag cars

I'm 25 years old and have done much more for myself and spent a lot more than you probably did at my age. Am I at the point in my life where I want to dump every penny I have into a 2500lb drag car??? No.......I'm in school, and have many more important things to accomplish right now...

Don't discredit people hardcore addictions because they don't spend tons to go 7's....that's just makes you sound like d*** with a really bad superiority complex

Besides there are plenty of ways to go 8's.....el caminos, mustangs, vipers.....what I've spent for a $50k vehicle + tranny, 426, blower, rearend, rollbar, and the list goes on....

I have friends with 8'second cars that street race....

If you want talk all this crap where's your 7 or 8 second street car top gun???

YoungMedic23
07-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I could have chosen any vehicle to go fast.....just so happens it's a street suv....I bet there are plenty of guys on this forum who have driven 7 second cars are are now kidding jeeps....which is STILL the race life...

Ask Fastfil.....his pro racing has spilled into building fast Jeeps

1badsuv
07-02-2010, 02:43 PM
So because i don't spend $100k+ on a vehicle to hit 7's means I'm not a go fast junkie?

Get over yourself....that's just your measly opinion since you feel that hardcore go fast people are categorized by times and money spent.....that's ridiculous....

I'm making my current vehicle go as fast as it possibly can....and yes there are school buses that do wheelies and fast times...those same people doing that also have 7 second drag cars

I'm 25 years old and have done much more for myself and spent a lot more than you probably did at my age. Am I at the point in my life where I want to dump every penny I have into a 2500lb drag car??? No.......I'm in school, and have many more important things to accomplish right now...

Don't discredit people hardcore addictions because they don't spend tons to go 7's....that's just makes you sound like d*** with a really bad superiority complex

Besides there are plenty of ways to go 8's.....el caminos, mustangs, vipers.....what I've spent for a $50k vehicle + tranny, 426, blower, rearend, rollbar, and the list goes on....

I have friends with 8'second cars that street race....

If you want talk all this crap where's your 7 or 8 second street car top gun???

lol im 27 so the age debate is out the window. id also bet my jeep(stock shortblock, stock transmission, with a little gas will outrun your built jeep just to prove you have no idea of what your doing.

my 8 second car is my business, 418 Lsx block with a 98mm turbo, 8's on E85, its a little more hardcore then your jeep.

1badsuv
07-02-2010, 02:44 PM
imjust sayin....your not hardcore going 11s, in a jeep or a rail car.

a-kon
07-02-2010, 03:04 PM
This going to be awesome. I love the current gen but it'll be nice to ditch the tupperware look and come out with something a little more classy.

It is disappointing there isn't at least 500HP though. 8 speed tranny - I called it! So that is good news. Only thing that worries me is it is going to have some bootleg charger type hood scoop and standard exit exhaust. Hopefully it will only have hood vents and either side exhaust or the trademark center exit.

Either way I am purchasing a 2013 model for sure.

YoungMedic23
07-02-2010, 03:09 PM
It's all about money and if the age debate is still valid.....let me jump back a year and a half and dump my Jeep money into the same garbage budget builds you have and we'll see who's faster...

You know the hurdles that people face with modern hemis.....tuning....weight....etc

You're making no sense....I can build a purpose built racecar that weighs less than a Jeep and put together a built LSx block....that's dime a dozen BS man....that stuff doesn't impress anybody when there's 20 Lsx vehicles per city running 8's.....

If you're into going with the grain then so be it....that doesn't make you anymore of a drag racer than me and definitely doesn't prove you have more $$$ put into your cars....not to mention how long your builds have been going on and prob STILL aren't running right or complete

Back your claims up and post some videos race master

There's always somebody faster it's just a matter of how much money you have to spend....and figuring my $46k jeep is paid down to $27k already that's another $19k I could have spent to built a dime a dozen crap box used Lsx vehicle and twin turbo it to run 7's....

YoungMedic23
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I'll be running mid to low 10's all boost...in a daily driven full interior SUV....

That's hardcore to plenty!!! People like you buy what's easy, cheap, boring, and proven....whereas people like ms start with something different, new, exciting, difficult, and unproven, and jump the hurdles to get the full potential out of what's available or coming out...

To hell with that dime a dozen crap I'm into new modern cars that don't have 1,000's of the same vehicles running fast times....

That's the difference between us...

JohnsonSRT8
07-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Paul very well said, completley agree with you!

Joe Las Vegas
07-02-2010, 05:13 PM
All I can say is: "I wanna see the final production version with specs":D

Joe Las Vegas
07-02-2010, 05:15 PM
All I can say is: "I wanna see the final production version with specs":D

8 speed trans, isn't that too much? 7 was already too many gears as test drives showed that gears were shifting too often, can't imagine how an 8 speed is gonna perform, would suck to have gears change all the freaking time.

1badsuv
07-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I'll be running mid to low 10's all boost...in a daily driven full interior SUV....

That's hardcore to plenty!!! People like you buy what's easy, cheap, boring, and proven....whereas people like ms start with something different, new, exciting, difficult, and unproven, and jump the hurdles to get the full potential out of what's available or coming out...

To hell with that dime a dozen crap I'm into new modern cars that don't have 1,000's of the same vehicles running fast times....

That's the difference between us...

the difference between us is your crossing the finish line and im already back the pits, im finished over 2 seconds before you. making me more hardcore period. plus i wrote a check for my jeep, cash money. my pockets are deeper, my cars are faster, im more hardcore buddy.

10s is not fast, you can say all the excuses you want, 5k lbs, no tuning. hondas run 12s, thats fast for a honda. is 12s in a honda hardcore? heck no, you say youll be running, you havent run crap yet.

you would not even know how to build a car to run 8s. your a big fish in a small puddle, congrats.

brianm
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
back onto the subject at hand,,,, if we get these in the UK i will buy one

YoungMedic23
07-03-2010, 04:15 PM
the difference between us is your crossing the finish line and im already back the pits, im finished over 2 seconds before you. making me more hardcore period. plus i wrote a check for my jeep, cash money. my pockets are deeper, my cars are faster, im more hardcore buddy.

10s is not fast, you can say all the excuses you want, 5k lbs, no tuning. hondas run 12s, thats fast for a honda. is 12s in a honda hardcore? heck no, you say youll be running, you havent run crap yet.

you would not even know how to build a car to run 8s. your a big fish in a small puddle, congrats.

Congrats to you on being a "hardcore racer" quite a life accomplishment.

And if you for a second think anybody believes you wrote a $40k+ check for a Jeep your on some heavy drugs....I've heard the same BS in every online argument I've gotten into where all the ludicrous claims start popping up....typical troll behavior

But hey it's the Internet and you're a troll....all talk and no walk...

A hardcore nobody

1badsuv
07-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Congrats to you on being a "hardcore racer" quite a life accomplishment.

And if you for a second think anybody believes you wrote a $40k+ check for a Jeep your on some heavy drugs....I've heard the same BS in every online argument I've gotten into where all the ludicrous claims start popping up....typical troll behavior

But hey it's the Internet and you're a troll....all talk and no walk...

A hardcore nobody
your right i didnt right a check for $40k, but i did trade in a 2005 hemi limited for 18k that was paid off, and wrote a check for the 6k difference. i paid $24k for mine with 12k miles on it when gas was abour $4.15 a gallon. troll my ass.

jntdysf
07-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Don't waste your breath or time Paulie.

YoungMedic23
07-03-2010, 10:43 PM
your right i didnt right a check for $40k, but i did trade in a 2005 hemi limited for 18k that was paid off, and wrote a check for the 6k difference. i paid $24k for mine with 12k miles on it when gas was abour $4.15 a gallon. troll my ass.

LMAO! $6k talk about smoke and mirrors...you made it sound like you're some baller with "cash money" deep pockets buying a NEW vehicle

I put over $10k down and traded in a 300 Srt8....

You're still a bargain budget cheapskate trash talking redneck troll I'm done with your rubbish

FAIL

YoungMedic23
07-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Don't waste your breath or time Paulie.

I'm done now I just wanted to reveal his curtain trick about his claim to paying "cash money"

Anyways so where's more pics of this 2012 Jeep?

LBCSRT8
07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm done now I just wanted to reveal his curtain trick about his claim to paying "cash money"

Hahaha!:D:D:D

1badsuv
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM

hey mines still paid for, and your is not. i would never pay 45k for one of these, so im a redneck because i dont waste money? explain that little man.

jntdysf
07-04-2010, 08:07 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

YoungMedic23
07-05-2010, 01:00 AM
hey mines still paid for, and your is not. i would never pay 45k for one of these, so im a redneck because i dont waste money? explain that little man.

:jester::jester::jester:
LOL you're a damn clown man

Oh so now having deep pockets means buying the cheapest possible used stuff and calling it "not wasting money"....you're delusional and definitely making yourself look like more and more of an idiot that has a big mouth without any credibility

Well guess what....used cars are bought NEW at sometime! Or should we ALL buy used cars so nobody wastes money??? That's not how the world works Mr. Hardcore...

Your pathetic attempt at trying to justify buying a Jeep at the lowest price i've ever heard definitely doesn't back up your claim to having deep pockets....you're a redneck because you have a built LSx and an old Jeep poking your head around like you're Mr. hardcore racer cuz you have a few budget builds you've been working on for years....youre a cheapskate redneck

And another unproven claim is that you have faster cars? Prove it sucker

Just pack your bags and stop replying because you're making absolutely ZERO sense Mr. $6k downpayment big baller paid off $25k Jeep....that ain't nothin man :rolleyes:

Birdebob
07-05-2010, 07:46 AM
LMAO! $6k talk about smoke and mirrors...you made it sound like you're some baller with "cash money" deep pockets buying a NEW vehicle

I put over $10k down and traded in a 300 Srt8....

You're still a bargain budget cheapskate trash talking redneck troll I'm done with your rubbish

FAIL

I put 10k down and kept the 300srt8, oh and pickd up a srt6 xfire. But im not a young buck @ 46. My girl is 27 and hot. i guess i am a young Buck ! :D:D

jntdysf
07-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Okay, you guys can go back to your huts now. :D

nardex
07-05-2010, 08:40 AM
How are you gonna get an 8-speed scheduled for 2013 into a 2011, or a 2012 for that matter? The plant for the ZF 8-speed isn't even online.

The AutoGuide.com article says "however another Chrysler spokesman said that the gearboxes would be imported prior to their domestic production, meaning that it could launch with the new vehicles from the get-go" and that Chrysler is building "licensed" versions of the 8 speed. So it sounds like Chrysler will purchase completed versions before building its own.

I worry about too many gears though, unless 2-3 of the gears are overdrive gears and therefore not really touched during performance driving. Maybe they'll give us paddle shifters so we can quickly get to the lower gears.

I'm not interested in selling mine anytime soon though!

turbo_neon
07-05-2010, 10:04 AM
The AutoGuide.com article says "however another Chrysler spokesman said that the gearboxes would be imported prior to their domestic production, meaning that it could launch with the new vehicles from the get-go" and that Chrysler is building "licensed" versions of the 8 speed. So it sounds like Chrysler will purchase completed versions before building its own.

I worry about too many gears though, unless 2-3 of the gears are overdrive gears and therefore not really touched during performance driving. Maybe they'll give us paddle shifters so we can quickly get to the lower gears.

I'm not interested in selling mine anytime soon though!

The first run of transmissions are coming from overseas... I am also wondering how the down shifting will work, hopefully they will put us in control of shifting it.

turbo_neon
07-05-2010, 10:07 AM
^ delete please

1badsuv
07-05-2010, 12:01 PM
:jester::jester::jester:
LOL you're a damn clown man

Oh so now having deep pockets means buying the cheapest possible used stuff and calling it "not wasting money"....you're delusional and definitely making yourself look like more and more of an idiot that has a big mouth without any credibility

Well guess what....used cars are bought NEW at sometime! Or should we ALL buy used cars so nobody wastes money??? That's not how the world works Mr. Hardcore...

Your pathetic attempt at trying to justify buying a Jeep at the lowest price i've ever heard definitely doesn't back up your claim to having deep pockets....you're a redneck because you have a built LSx and an old Jeep poking your head around like you're Mr. hardcore racer cuz you have a few budget builds you've been working on for years....youre a cheapskate redneck

And another unproven claim is that you have faster cars? Prove it sucker

Just pack your bags and stop replying because you're making absolutely ZERO sense Mr. $6k downpayment big baller paid off $25k Jeep....that ain't nothin man :rolleyes:

i never said i was a baller so get off that topic, i also know you couldnt get a BB tranny cause you wanted to do payments. lol shr would do the payment plan for your broke mexican a$$. bring that jeep out and see how it does against my stock long block jeep, bring your wallet too. no paypal here buddy. we can settle the hardcore issue.

1badsuv
07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
i never said i was a baller so get off that topic, i also know you couldnt get a BB tranny cause you wanted to do payments. lol shr would do the payment plan for your broke mexican a$$. bring that jeep out and see how it does against my stock long block jeep, bring your wallet too. no paypal here buddy. we can settle the hardcore issue.

technically you dont even own a car...you make payments to a bank that holds the title to you jeep, which is your daily driver and only car. I can see how the redneck, cheap comment you throw out prove...your a broke a$$ and insecure with your financial situation.

claytonclosson
07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I thought this was a thread about the spied 6.4 l GCSRT8 not two girls having a **** measuring contest. Stop littering this thread with garbage posts.

I'm excited to see spec updates as things progress.

1BAMFR
07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
id also bet my jeep(stock shortblock, stock transmission, with a little gas will outrun your built jeep just to prove you have no idea of what your doing.

I'd pay to see this!

brianm
07-05-2010, 02:07 PM
open a book keoni lol , i bet 50 on paulie

Wintermute
07-05-2010, 03:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Slippage/j33pdesign.jpg

Three Oh Diesel
07-05-2010, 04:22 PM

Why all the posturing? Did Paul do something you can't? If he is so much a bother, then you have two choices...

1. Choose ignore

or

2. Kill yourself

Wintermute
07-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Why all the posturing? Did Paul do something you can't? If he is so much a bother, then you have two choices...

1. Choose ignore

or

2. Kill yourself

You should really add

3. Die in a fire.

1badsuv
07-06-2010, 07:29 AM

1. Choose ignore

or

2. Kill yourself

kill yourself? what are you 15 years old

barho
07-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Some of the folks posting in this thread are clueless.

First off, no one truly knows if the 6.4L is going to be 480HP. All speculation at this point. My guess is it will be 500+.

Second, boxy??????:boohoo: How on earth can someone with a current gen SRT think the new one will be boxy? Have you even seen the 2011's!?

This next gen SRT is going to be sick. And all those posting about how ugly and sad the next gen will be are going to be crying inside when the 2nd gen SRT is introduced and you have to live with a sorry outdated version. And just so everyone is aware, I loved my SRT and was one of the first 2,000 people to own one.

Wintermute
07-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Some of the folks posting in this thread are clueless.

First off, no one truly knows if the 6.4L is going to be 480HP. All speculation at this point. My guess is it will be 500+.

Second, boxy??????:boohoo: How on earth can someone with a current gen SRT think the new one will be boxy? Have you even seen the 2011's!?

This next gen SRT is going to be sick. And all those posting about how ugly and sad the next gen will be are going to be crying inside when the 2nd gen SRT is introduced and you have to live with a sorry outdated version. And just so everyone is aware, I loved my SRT and was one of the first 2,000 people to own one.

Meh, it'll probably be nice, but expensive if they are going after BMW and Mercedes. I'm guessing there wont be that many on the road until mid 2013. By then, ya I'll be ready for something new. Or FI.

KINGMONKEY
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Mama Mia!!!! You guys are way off topic

eddiefig
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM

Mexican???? LMAO!!!!

I'd pay to see this!

Me too. Lol. Stock vs. SC'd 426? HMMMMM!!!

YoungMedic23
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't see how making a $5000 payment over a month or 2 means i'm broke...it means I want to have something built while i pay for it and other mods.....

I guess i made payments on my 426, blower, rollbar, and everything else on my Jeep...

1badsuv you have FAILED....you're not a baller with a used farted in, abused, stock with a nitrous kit, cuz you're broke....Jeep...

Big ballin' ass $6k payoff....LOL give me a break...

jntdysf
07-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Is this a thread within a thread? LMAO. You guys are too much. Keep me laughing. I was kind of having a down night. I feel better now. :)

mustbf8
07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I want to be a baller!!! What do I have to do? I guess I have to take my stock Jeep and try to beat Paulie? Do I get a 3 second headstart?

KINGMONKEY
07-07-2010, 11:20 PM
I want to be a baller!!! What do I have to do? I guess I have to take my stock Jeep and try to beat Paulie? Do I get a 3 second headstart?

What's a baller??.I think I want to be one too!!

mustbf8
07-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I want to be a hardcore racing fool too!!

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't see how making a $5000 payment over a month or 2 means i'm broke...it means I want to have something built while i pay for it and other mods.....

I guess i made payments on my 426, blower, rollbar, and everything else on my Jeep...

1badsuv you have FAILED....you're not a baller with a used farted in, abused, stock with a nitrous kit, cuz you're broke....Jeep...

Big ballin' ass $6k payoff....LOL give me a break...

AGAIN GET IT IN YOUR MEXICAN a$$ HEAD. i never said i was a baller, you just assumed. payments on your tranny, lol that proves it. im finished with this thread. let me know if you want to race....i do take paypal.

1BAMFR
07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Bro....Youngmedic is Black...not Mexican!

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Bro....Youngmedic is Black...not Mexican!

lol know this. heck his sig says "BLACK OWNED SRT", Id like to race his black owned jeep vs mine. "FASTEST STOCK LONGBLOCK WHITE OWNED JEEP"

ps. saw your vid, jeep looked darn good during that run. how much boost?

YoungMedic23
07-08-2010, 09:37 AM
the difference between us is your crossing the finish line and im already back the pits, im finished over 2 seconds before you. making me more hardcore period. plus i wrote a check for my jeep, cash moneyFACT: $6k payoff. my pockets are deeperLOL, my cars are fasterHUH?, im more hardcore buddy.+100 ;)

He's starting to break guys!!! :eek:

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/royal-fail.jpg

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
He's starting to break guys!!! :eek:

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/royal-fail.jpg

jeep srt8 car payment- $550.00
Jeeps SHR Trans payment- $250.00
Jeep Roll bar payment $75.00
Vortech Credit card balance- $4200.00
Short Block borrowed on 401k $5200.00

Living at home with your parents, working at BurgerKing and Getting beat by a stock longblock nitrous jeep.....

......priceless

YoungMedic23
07-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Cjg454ss...banned member POS = 1badsuv

http://www.clubhioctane.com/community/showthread.php?t=4094
1BADSUV

Well it all starts of a few months back when i had 2 s91 turbos and a bs3 unit for sale and CHRIS GERMANO AKA 1BADSUV pm me on ls1tech....

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/negati...-cjg454ss.html

here is another unhappy customer. i see a pattern developing here. i don't care about what you think my credibility is, the only people i am looking to satisfy are my customers.

http://www.jemmresearch.com/blog2/uploaded_images/CheckmateD-774440.jpg

YoungMedic23
07-08-2010, 10:02 AM
cjg454ss
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 24

like i said 100 times now, send me the motor and the builder will fix any issues. im not going to say a good motor is junk over a camera phone video,

You just said you had a turbo ls right....LOL

Keep on failing sucker....keep it up

YoungMedic23
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Well it all starts of a few months back when i had 2 s91 turbos and a bs3 unit for sale and CHRIS GERMANO AKA 1BADSUV pm me on ls1tech

On dodgeforum.com
About cjg454ss
First Name
chris
Last Name
germano
Signature
2005 hemi cherokee

BERNIE BAN THIS FOOL.....AGAIN!!!

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
whatever you say

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8619/2204355.swf

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 10:14 AM
ban me for what? for calling you and your jeep out?

YoungMedic23
07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Your ban is coming D-BAG...

Learn how to keep your facts off the internet CHRIS GERMANO

Good job on having the clubhioctane thread removed.....

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 10:19 AM
when your ready to race just let me know buddy. im finished until then

YoungMedic23
07-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Here is your username on clubhioctane...

About TurboLSX
Signature
2002 SS Turbo---
SRT8 Jeep ----

EPIC FAIL......i'm done

And stop pm'img me....being a male RN making $100k a year working around women is a sick career....don't need you to tell me that :D

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 10:52 AM
$100k a year? more like every 4 years. and you need to make payments on a $5,000 transmission, and payments on a $35,000 jeep....lol lol

ready to race when you are mr hardcore racer,

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8619/2204355.swf

squigmang
07-08-2010, 11:01 AM
id also bet my jeep(stock shortblock, stock transmission, with a little gas will outrun your built jeep just to prove you have no idea of what your doing.

bring that jeep out and see how it does against my stock long block jeep, bring your wallet too. no paypal here buddy. we can settle the hardcore issue.

1badsuv
07-08-2010, 11:08 AM
ive got time slips to back it up. all on 93 octane pump gas and nitrous

mustbf8
07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Chris....what do you have? A shortblock? Longblock? 05 Hemi? which is it?
I'm getting really confused?

While I'm not black or mexican, I find your posts using both stereotypes ignorant and make you a total d-bag! There are a lot of members on here that are both black and mexican! You not only insulted Paul, but so many other members on here! Not cool!!

squigmang
07-08-2010, 11:36 AM
i hope it has 550 hp

Rambit
07-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Guess I missed all the fun.

Bernie

YoungMedic23
07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks Bernie.....you're the best

jntdysf
07-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Wow. This thread really took off at the end. It started to sizzle and then boom! Is it over now? :browsmiley:

sbardy69
07-08-2010, 02:25 PM
i thought this thread was about the 2012 jeep srt8... now we got a few guys that play basketball calling eachother ballers??? how the hell do you go from talking about jeeps to basketball??

jntdysf
07-08-2010, 02:39 PM
i thought this thread was about the 2012 jeep srt8... now we got a few guys that play basketball calling eachother ballers??? how the hell do you go from talking about jeeps to basketball??

We'll get back to discussing Jeeps shortly.

millers_srt
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I knew there was NO WAY Chrysler was going to squeeze 100 more horsepower out of the WK2 by just upping the displacement .3 Litres. At least, not without radically changing the cam, exhaust, and intake; not to mentioning throwing gas and soccer-mom drivability out the window.

The Viper bumped 100hp with only .1L increase. Plus, with the rumors of the Fiat Multi-Air making its way onto Chrysler engines, that would improve the engine's ability to breathe.

KINGMONKEY
07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Banned,I guess thats the end of that topic

barho
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Slightly off topic (seems like most everything in this thread is) I drove a 2011 Limited 5.7L. All I can say is WOW! This thing drives like a dream. It looks fantastic inside and out. Nothing in it's segment will compare (the new Explorer has no chance).

Best bang for you buck for a midsize SUV. Gives luxury SUVs (BMW, MB, RR) a real run.

a-kon
07-09-2010, 06:46 AM
being a male RN making $100k a year D

Not calling you out, I am legitimately curious. Since this thread is already off topic I wanted to probe. I have been trying to help direct my sister's career path and this sounds rather promising.

Do you mean with overtime? $100k a year is big ass salary for a RN even in "California dollars" (i.e. $100k salary in Cali is equal to about a $55k-60K salary in Texas in terms of purchasing power). In 2009, $33.73 is the median hourly rate for RNs in California. Regardless that is still good money.

a-kon
07-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Slightly off topic (seems like most everything in this thread is) I drove a 2011 Limited 5.7L. All I can say is WOW! This thing drives like a dream. It looks fantastic inside and out. Nothing in it's segment will compare (the new Explorer has no chance).

Best bang for you buck for a midsize SUV. Gives luxury SUVs (BMW, MB, RR) a real run.

What do you think about the air suspension? Is it sloppy?

barho
07-09-2010, 07:25 AM
What do you think about the air suspension? Is it sloppy?

Drove great I thought. All I can say to everyone is get out and take one for a test drive (the ventilated seats are quite nice this time of year).

I know a lot of people are saying "it looks like and X5", well itdoes, but I think it looks even better. With the 20" wheels it is simply stunning in person. When/if they come out with an SRT version with (hopefully) all the chrome painted to match the color, with some nice SRT touches, it is going to blow everyone on this board away.

:rocker: Chrysler

1BAMFR
07-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Not calling you out, I am legitimately curious. Since this thread is already off topic I wanted to probe. I have been trying to help direct my sister's career path and this sounds rather promising.

Do you mean with overtime? $100k a year is big ass salary for a RN even in "California dollars" (i.e. $100k salary in Cali is equal to about a $55k-60K salary in Texas in terms of purchasing power). In 2009, $33.73 is the median hourly rate for RNs in California. Regardless that is still good money.

$100k per year is definitely in his future with overtime!

a-kon
07-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Drove great I thought. All I can say to everyone is get out and take one for a test drive (the ventilated seats are quite nice this time of year).

I know a lot of people are saying "it looks like and X5", well itdoes, but I think it looks even better. With the 20" wheels it is simply stunning in person. When/if they come out with an SRT version with (hopefully) all the chrome painted to match the color, with some nice SRT touches, it is going to blow everyone on this board away.

:rocker: Chrysler

I am with you 100%. If it wasn't for the unbearably terrible MPG I would have already had an SRT8, but at the time gas was at an all time high and I simply couldn't bring myself to purchase one. With that said the itch for one hasn't gone away. I loved my 5.9 back in the day. Nobody knew what it was and it hauled ass. There is something about American muscle and giving the foreign fanboys a run for their money that is very appealing.

I love the new GC and when the SRT8 comes out, I will give it a year or two to get the bugs ironed out, and then without a doubt I will be purchasing one. Fully independent suspension and an 8 speed tranny..hard to resist. If I want to go offroad I will buy a wrangler.

YoungMedic23
07-13-2010, 05:33 AM

Definitely not base salary but easily achievable with very little overtime.

You get raises every 6 months so it's not uncommon to go from $35/hr to $45/hr in 2 years...

If I worked 3 overtime shifts a month at base of $40/hr that's $720 a 12/hr shift with $60/hr time and a half which comes out to $25k a year on top of an approx $60-70k base salary...

I'd definitely work more overtime then that...my buddy made $140k working at one hospital last year...

It's a great career if you ask me! An rewarding!

escham
07-13-2010, 06:25 AM
RN earning potential is no joke. A motivated travel nurse could easily eclipse $100,000. My wife and I were travelers for ~3 yrs and are most likely going back to it. You can make that type of money and work anywhere in the country you want (more difficult traveling as a pair, but we did it).

Also Nursing Professional jobs are drawing $80,000 base for essentially office jobs.

Nik
07-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Travel RN here- its not hard to make that kind of money. In 08 I had 420 hrs of overtime and in 09 I had 619 hrs. If you are willing to work hard for you will definitely reap the rewards. And in nursing, you will always have a job no matter how bad the economy gets- unless you are a graduate nurse, then you have a small uphill battle. Heck I needed an excuse to get rid of my Porsche Cayenne so I traded it in and got my SRT-8 GC!

a-kon
07-13-2010, 07:07 AM

You get raises every 6 months so it's not uncommon to go from $35/hr to $45/hr in 2 years...

If I worked 3 overtime shifts a month at base of $40/hr that's $720 a 12/hr shift with $60/hr time and a half which comes out to $25k a year on top of an approx $60-70k base salary...

I'd definitely work more overtime then that...my buddy made $140k working at one hospital last year...

Thank You!

My sister (older) has a marketing degree and hasn't had much luck finding a good job. It isn't exactly her cup of tea. Originally she wanted to be a marine biologist but never really followed through with that. My dad and I have been trying to push her towards something in the medical field given the jobs seem stable but so far she hasn't been all that interested. X-ray technician was our pick. Now I am thinking maybe we can get her to consider trying to be a RN. With that kind of potential salary dangling maybe it will motivate her. One can only hope. Just trying to get her off "family welfare." :D

Rambit
07-13-2010, 07:38 AM
http://www.rooseveltcampusnetwork.org/sites/all/files/imagecache/Big/School-Nurse-2.jpg

Someone please start the 6.4' Nurse Thread in Off Topic so I can move these posts.

Bernie

a-kon
07-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Just delete them. I got the information I was looking for.

Inferno SRT8
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
This may get me back in a Jeep. Just waiting for the final specs and looka nd I may already be sold.

Love the redefined look of the new Jeep and cant waitt o see the SRT8 version.

YogiSRT8
07-14-2010, 07:28 PM
While this thread has been entertaining...does anyone (bernie) know the possibility of getting a 2012 Discussion section. I love reading up in the C7 section of the corvette forums (and i did on the C6 as well).

Rambit
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
While this thread has been entertaining...does anyone (bernie) know the possibility of getting a 2012 Discussion section. I love reading up in the C7 section of the corvette forums (and i did on the C6 as well).
Just start a new thread in General Discussion and call it WK2 SRT8 Discussion or whatever.

Bernie

navyavi469
07-14-2010, 09:30 PM
I've been barking for a WK2 section on the forum for a while, but my ranting fell on deaf ears. Other forms have sections for up-and-coming vehicles YEARS ahead of time... go on any corvette site and there were "blue devil" sections in 2004.. the ZR1 wasn't produced until 2009... BUT NOT THE JEEP FORUM... OH NO WE CANT HAVE THAT.

Muellge
07-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Will be upstaged by its meaner, badder looking cousin, even if it doesn't have a 392 in it. If i was going to drop a motor into an new suv in 2012, I'd prefer it to look like this. Wonder if it is heaver or near same size. Sorry, it just looks better from this shot. :banana_hitit:

af_maineiac
07-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Do tell - is this the new Dodge Durango? Or another Dodge concept vehicle altogether? Totally digging the front end... http://deephousepage.com/smilies/thumb.gif

hawkman996
07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Its the Dodge Durango or Magnum....whichever they are going to call it.

The front end is all right but I do not like the Toyota like window separation from the pass to rear window.

I will take another Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 over that all day!

Muellge
07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
the jeep is in the background. Sorry this thing looks way meaner.

hawkman996
07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Also the fender flares on the jeep are more muscular looking to me.

Why is there no edit option showing up on my last post? Now I'm like a newb posting to replies back to back...:rolleyes: haha

Muellge
07-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Shared platform so it will be interchangeable in many ways. Should be interesting. Might help on the aftermarket avail on some things. This thing looks way meaner.

ps, you're in the admin header section....

junior666
07-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Dont get your hopes up yet on the SRT8 Jeep platform continuing.

Muellge
07-24-2010, 07:38 AM
oh, i don't expect an srt offering in that vehicle. but a silver one lowered with black viper replicas and a 426 twin turbo would be perfectly sick. They'll certainly have a 5.7 offering, which means space wise, they'll have room for the block and some piping.

D VADER
07-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Mama Mia!!!! You guys are way off topic

Looks like a lot of grown men pounding their chests!!:D

Three Oh Diesel
07-28-2010, 08:11 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Muellge
07-29-2010, 10:34 PM

ok. I drove over to one of the local dealerships that recieved 2 units. Walked it twice. Saw it in silver and white. As an SUV, looks pretty nice, Damn nice. Perfect car for my wife. Now as a performance SUV, uh, no. Its far too rounded and I just don't see it looking as good as the WK. In that regard, the discussion of the Dodge that will share the same platform is worth mention. Nice stuff, but the rounded edges and giant plastic chrome badging in the rear are not in keeping with the SRT look. and the wheel wells are ginormous.

Goliath Tiger Fish for the win....

J&D's SRT's
07-30-2010, 02:23 AM
I agree about the wheel wells being pretty big. Plus the Larado I took out had some cheap looking plastic, about an 1 1/2" wide, around them. It did get me thinking though. Maybe the SRT guys will fit a body color piece in there, even wider, so as to close up the gap that our current one's have. Just worried about the fit & finish if they do something like that.

Three Oh Diesel
07-30-2010, 06:20 AM
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the sticker on a Laredo X... Its DAMN expensive.

Dave
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
C&D again mentioning 500+hp from the 6.4

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/10q3/2011_dodge_charger_interior_spy_photos-future_cars

pantheman75
08-13-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm SO glad I had the patience to not pull the trigger on the outgoing SRT8! The outgoing one is SWEET, but the new one will be MUCH better in many ways!

08-13-2010, 09:11 AM
When will the order banks be open?

kokanee13
08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
What has Resumespeed have to say about the new SRT8 lately?? Where are you buddy? Whats new over there????

chargerboy04
08-13-2010, 06:45 PM
i cannot wait! i'll beat everyone here at the dealership :-)

SRTDogg
08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I already put my name on a list at the local dealership but he had no info yet. *sigh* Anyways, we're still ~8 months ahead of release, so it's no wonder.. :)

jntdysf
08-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Get ready to pay above MSRP.

J&D's SRT's
08-22-2010, 01:21 AM
I already put my name on a list at the local dealership but he had no info yet. *sigh* Anyways, we're still ~8 months ahead of release, so it's no wonder.. :)

Get ready to pay above MSRP.

I was told about 6 months ago they would call as soon as they got any info on ordering one.

I agree there will be a mark up on them. However I already had that conversation with them & he knows I wont pay much if any above invoice. If they can order 1 they can order 2.

SRTDogg
08-22-2010, 08:02 AM
The mark ups do worry me. When I bought my CSRT8 everywhere had 1 or 2 of them for $10K markup each. It was absurd. I called every dealer in the state and finally found one 3 hours away. Needless to say, he showed up at my door at 11:45pm that night with all the paperwork and my new CSRT8. I got to test drive it around my neighborhood. :)

I am hoping they won't mark up an ordered vehicle. It doesn't cost them any more to get this for me, and they will be ordering several more of these any ways. I'm guaranteeing them their standard profit on something like this, they don't need to go and rip me off on top of it. Anyways a mark up only makes sense when there is inventory and no short term solution to a backlog. Ordering it ahead of time doesn't really put me into that boat (looking to get one but can't find one) as I will already have one with my name on it (at least I'm guessing that is how it works still). :D

SRTDogg
08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Some good vids I found of the Cherokee features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCiqDu58tSY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZEUDBo6nY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiB9HQz364E&feature=related

Jetpilot
08-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I went and looked at the new Cherokee interior and rather like it. I'm pumped to see what Jeep has in store for the new SRT8.

I've even sold my 06 Carrera in anticipation!

HOJeepster
08-25-2010, 01:35 PM
These look awfully similiar to the Dodge Journey.

'12SRTFan
08-29-2010, 09:13 PM
O yea, I saw those vids of the '11 jeep...I've seen the new jeeps, nicccce. I'm thinkin the '12 srt is gonna be a monster. the new srt may not be as quick 0-60...but in the quarter mile...faster and the topspeed. I just can't want til the truck hits the dealer.

idealrides
09-17-2010, 05:54 PM
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/425/4069/38562034009_large.jpg

pantheman75
09-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Where did this come from?

idealrides
09-18-2010, 10:57 AM

Detroit! (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4983673) :D

Dave
09-18-2010, 07:23 PM

were you in your Jeep? Guy looks a little amused with the picture :cool:

Dave
09-18-2010, 07:24 PM
by the way those front brakes look even bigger than ours!

R_Rod20
09-19-2010, 07:59 AM
I hope it sits lower than that. The wheels/tires look too small.

D VADER
09-19-2010, 08:02 AM
I can't imagine dropping my 2010 SRT8. The front air damn easily scrapes as it is!:(

'12SRTFan
09-19-2010, 08:14 AM
I kno their not going to keep the same wheels...as the last gen srt8. This srt8 would look much better with new tires and wheels. But we still have a year or less to see what the production version will look like.

cubanjj09
09-23-2010, 08:13 AM
gettin fired up

Masari.Jones
09-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Why not? That's exactly what Chrylser did with the Dodge Vipers engine in 2008. They increased displacement 8.1 to 8.4 liters and HP jumped from from 500 to 600.

I am extremely disappointed at the 480HP number for the new HEMI engine. Chrysler really needed to hit 500 or more. Seriously, not having at least 500HP is reason for me not to upgrade to the new Jeep SRT8.

Masari.Jones
09-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I am extremely disappointed at the 480HP number for the new HEMI engine. Chrysler really needed to hit 500 or more. Seriously, not having at least 500HP is reason for me not to upgrade to the new Jeep SRT8.

Yes I know HP isn't everything... but we're SRT owners, and HP means a lot!!

Papa Jimmy
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm think they are getting ahead of themselves with the 8-spd. Hopefully R&D are on top of it and just keeping it under wraps, or they are just begging for transmission trouble.

SRT8
09-25-2010, 03:48 PM
ha ha......
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/deadwayt/SRT8AMIRITE.jpg

cubanjj09
09-26-2010, 01:09 PM
lol he knows whats up

Jerod
09-29-2010, 01:47 AM
The 480hp is going to be a low figure... There was video leaked a long time ago with the 6.4L motor being dyno tested at the factory. It was over 500hp. I wouldn't think they would have restricted it further.

yaccster
09-29-2010, 05:02 AM

The location info in the metadata of the pic shows it was taken here:

http://maps.google.com/?q=42.6491666667,-83.2480000000&spn=0.05,0.05&t=h&om=1&hl=en

Date Time Digitized: 2010:08:11 14:00:54

NJKen
09-29-2010, 08:02 AM

http://maps.google.com/?q=42.6491666667,-83.2480000000&spn=0.05,0.05&t=h&om=1&hl=en

ROFL...Damn Stalker

datruodb@yahoo.com
10-04-2010, 06:59 PM
ha ha......
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/deadwayt/SRT8AMIRITE.jpg

greatness at it's finest!! What are the odds? I already thought we put this thing to bed how it had 480hp and it wouldn't be out until 12?

MJC
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM

How the HELL did you do that?????!!

Looks like it was taken right next to The Palace (Det. Pistons).

Three Oh Diesel
10-04-2010, 08:47 PM
You can pull it out of the EXIF. Download a program called "Exifer" and save that pic to your desktop. :)

Three Oh Diesel
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14106&stc=1&d=1286247201
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14107&stc=1&d=1286247219

datruodb@yahoo.com
10-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Called two dealerships here in Dallas... 1 kid and I use kid loosely said "They are coming out with an SR10".. I said what the hell is an SR10? Obviously he does not know ****... The other dealership said they were taking orders starting in March/April and it will be a 2012 nothing in 2011.

yaccster
10-07-2010, 03:35 PM
You can pull it out of the EXIF. Download a program called "Exifer" and save that pic to your desktop. :)

Or on a mac just open the pic in the included Preview app and get info.

jntdysf
10-07-2010, 03:37 PM
http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/04/spy-photos-viper-powered-dodge-challenger-srt10.html

DBTBSS
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
^^^Now that's sweet!!!

El Puto
10-22-2010, 12:01 AM
The 480hp is going to be a low figure... There was video leaked a long time ago with the 6.4L motor being dyno tested at the factory. It was over 500hp. I wouldn't think they would have restricted it further.

So what do you all think now that the 6.4 is rated at 475hp?

Three Oh Diesel
10-22-2010, 09:25 AM

Until we see track times, I don't see how anything has changed.

the1stkim
10-22-2010, 10:10 AM

Ur correct. Even just 4 years after school my lil sis here in Texas made 115K. Thats ten K more than what I made with a graduate degree!

navyavi469
10-22-2010, 10:19 AM

Yes I know HP isn't everything... but we're SRT owners, and HP means a lot!!

The horsepower from the factory is of the smallest consequence. Its simply the fact that they are going to maintain the traditional GEN III Hemi block is what makes the new rig exciting. By using the same engine block and configuration, almost ALL of the aftermarket products generated in the last 5 years from the WK and LX platforms will be easily adaptable to the WK2 SRT8. You'll quickly be able to upgrade the top and bottom end to whatever horsepower specs you desire, including dropping-in a proven 426 stroker in a variety of compression ratios. When tuning becomes available, the sky is the limit.

There will be a lot more to the WK2 SRT8 than just a horsepower number. Have you sat in the new WK2 Overland? Its night and day difference compared to older generation. The fit and finish is immaculate, the integrated electronis is head-and-shoulders over the old MyGig. It also has slightly more leg room, nicer seats, more interior options, and I"m sure the SRT engineers will have some cool 'mojo' for the SRT where the mud/gravel/sand dial is for the adjustable 4WD system.

The drivetrain will be the big wildcard for the aftermarket gurus... if its another frankenstein then it will be a long time in coming before we see a 10-second WK2.

jntdysf
10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Here's an interesting read that I just came across:

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

Dave
10-25-2010, 08:22 AM

Until its straight from Chryslers mouth it isn't. I don't trust the ontariostreetcars or w/e leak. Too many usually reliable sources were calling for over 500 and they came out of nowhere with those docs. jntdysf's allpar post is a bit disconcerting but I still don't consider it firm.

pantheman75
10-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Oh darn... ONLY 475 horsepower... :rolleyes: I guess we'll have to stick with our 172 horsepower Dodge Caliber...

nardex
10-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Not sure if you guys have seen this yet...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-challenger-srt8-392.html

Dave
10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Well that's disappointing. Here's to hoping that the non limited edition 2012 SRT8 will see a bump.

jay2g1
10-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Dont know how true it is but a friend of mine knows an exec who works at chrysler and he was told that the numbers are being down played and that the actual street number will be higher than the 475hp they are listing it at. This friend also already ordered his 392 and is expected in late november december so we will see once it arrives.

Dave
10-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Dont know how true it is but a friend of mine knows an exec who works at chrysler and he was told that the numbers are being down played and that the actual street number will be higher than the 475hp they are listing it at. This friend also already ordered his 392 and is expected in late november december so we will see once it arrives.

As in underrated or as in trolling this 475/470 number around then on launch day revising to 525 for some free press?

Dave
10-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Here's an interesting read that I just came across:

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

This is both disappointing and somewhat uplifting. I read that as the motor has atleast 525 in it with just a tune but who knows what the MTBF was at the level? If it was close to 200k I wouldn't think twice about tuning to that level but if it was more like 100k I would have some serious reservations.

Lawrenzo505
10-26-2010, 01:47 PM
The effect of an extra 50hp on a GCSRT8 will be negligible if the darn thing wieghs 400-500 pounds more as expected.

Porsche got it right by putting their SUV on a diet and dropping 440 pounds off their Cayenne!

R_Rod20
10-27-2010, 08:11 AM
I just found this article on MSN. If they get 470 hp out of the 392 cubic-inch (5.4 liter), there should be a chance that the 6.4 liter should get at 500hp or above right? I am not an engine guru so please don't rip me new one if I am off base.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblog.aspx?feat=8f530ed6-d9f4-4b99-9ea5-08a7f946a6ed

1BAMFR
10-27-2010, 08:17 AM
I just found this article on MSN. If they get 470 hp out of the 392 cubic-inch (5.4 liter), there should be a chance that the 6.4 liter should get at 500hp or above right? I am not an engine guru so please don't rip me new one if I am off base.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblog.aspx?feat=8f530ed6-d9f4-4b99-9ea5-08a7f946a6ed

The 392 is a 6.4L

R_Rod20
10-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Just a minor typo in the article. Teaches me to not believe everything I read or at least get a damn calculator.

barho
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
The effect of an extra 50hp on a GCSRT8 will be negligible if the darn thing wieghs 400-500 pounds more as expected.

Porsche got it right by putting their SUV on a diet and dropping 440 pounds off their Cayenne!

Yeah, but the added 90lb-ft of torque certainly won't be "negligible".

CentralTexHemi
11-02-2010, 11:14 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/texastourist/mercedes/72463_10100431404349104_8312617_68752104_4631355_n .jpg

wink
11-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Damn! And I thought our engine compartment was stuffed. :eek:

wink

D VADER
11-03-2010, 02:28 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/texastourist/mercedes/72463_10100431404349104_8312617_68752104_4631355_n .jpg

Is that in a GCSRT8? :confused:

NJKen
11-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Is that in a GCSRT8? :confused:

Nope, it's a Challenger at SEMA

D VADER
11-03-2010, 06:47 AM
I did notice the air filter was in the wrong place for a GCSRT8.:p

Masari.Jones
11-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Honestly, I happy there's going to be a boost in HP to 475, but at the same time I'm really disappointed it's not 500 or more.

For me, and I think many others, 500HP was a must. There is no incentive for me to upgrade to the new GCSRT8. I can spend about $10,000 on my 2010 GCSRT8 and have a Magna Supercharger installed, headers, exhaust, suspension and have a much more powerful and better performing vehicle.

jmckenzie
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't know how true this is, but a salesman at the dealership I went to for service yesterday told me that they've been told that the 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 is supposed to have a 6.4L engine with 525 HP & 525 torque because it's tuned different than the 2011 Challenger.

Inferno SRT8
11-24-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't know how true this is, but a salesman at the dealership I went to for service yesterday told me that they've been told that the 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 is supposed to have a 6.4L engine with 525 HP & 525 torque because it's tuned different than the 2011 Challenger.

As much as most of us wish that was true it is unlikely.

Dont listen to dealerships, we know more then they do and usually we find out info before they do.

Truth be told the only thing we do know is that is has a 392 if and when it gets built.

Masari.Jones
11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Until Chrysler officially releases the numbers I don't think anyone will know for sure. All we currently have are educated guesses. However, I find it difficult to believe Chrysler will tune the Challenger so differently that it would have a significant HP disadvantage to the Jeep. In fact, the 2010 SRT8 Jeep is officially 5HP less than other SRT8 vehicles, can't really see them giving it a 50HP advantage. (but we can always hope!!)

Challenger sales are trailing Camaro and Mustang sales (almost 2 to 1). This might be good news for Challenger owners as they won't see as many Challengers on the road as Camaros and Mustangs, but you know this has to be very upsetting to the folks at Chrysler.

The Challenger is by far the best looking of the Pony cars (IMHO), that's what Chrysler did right. However, there are several problems with the Challenger that Chrysler needs to fix to increase sales. They are:

1. Interior (dash and steering), looks too generic, unlike the Mustang and Camaro which have sporty interiors designed exclusively for them . The SRT seats are awesome, too bad the rest of the interior cries out 300c. Chrysler give us the interior from the show car!!
2. Weight, the Challenger is ridiculously heavy, over 500lbs heavier than a Mustang GT and nearly 300lbs heavier than the Camaro. Chrysler needs to put ALL SRT vehicles a on diet and somehow cut out 300-500 lbs. from the Challenger.
3. Price, the SRT8 is about $10,000 more expensive than the Camaro SS, and Mustang GT. Compared the the Shelby the Challenger is about $7000 less but it also has 125HP less and still weighs over 300lbs more. The R/T model is priced about the same as the Mustang GT and Camaro SS but falls short in every performance comparison you can make.

As you can see Chrysler really has a lot or work to do to bring the Challenger sales numbers up. It can be done, but will they do it? That remains to be seen...

Black-sleeper
11-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Until Chrysler officially releases the numbers I don't think anyone will know for sure. All we currently have are educated guesses. However, I find it difficult to believe Chrysler will tune the Challenger so differently that it would have a significant HP disadvantage to the Jeep. In fact, the 2010 SRT8 Jeep is officially 5HP less than other SRT8 vehicles, can't really see them giving it a 50HP advantage. (but we can always hope!!)

Challenger sales are trailing Camaro and Mustang sales (almost 2 to 1). This might be good news for Challenger owners as they won't see as many Challengers on the road as Camaros and Mustangs, but you know this has to be very upsetting to the folks at Chrysler.

The Challenger is by far the best looking of the Pony cars (IMHO), that's what Chrysler did right. However, there are several problems with the Challenger that Chrysler needs to fix to increase sales. They are:

1. Interior (dash and steering), looks too generic, unlike the Mustang and Camaro which have sporty interiors designed exclusively for them . The SRT seats are awesome, too bad the rest of the interior cries out 300c. Chrysler give us the interior from the show car!!
2. Weight, the Challenger is ridiculously heavy, over 500lbs heavier than a Mustang GT and nearly 300lbs heavier than the Camaro. Chrysler needs to put ALL SRT vehicles a on diet and somehow cut out 300-500 lbs. from the Challenger.
3. Price, the SRT8 is about $10,000 more expensive than the Camaro SS, and Mustang GT. Compared the the Shelby the Challenger is about $7000 less but it also has 125HP less and still weighs over 300lbs more. The R/T model is priced about the same as the Mustang GT and Camaro SS but falls short in every performance comparison you can make.

As you can see Chrysler really has a lot or work to do to bring the Challenger sales numbers up. It can be done, but will they do it? That remains to be seen...

I agree 100% ;)

idealrides
11-24-2010, 03:47 PM
finally some decent shots of the new SRT...

99svtlightning
11-30-2010, 06:42 AM
The new Jeep SRT8 is defintely a nice looking vehicle, but I still feel the current generation is meaner looking. The center exhaust and sharp edges is what makes the GCSRT8.

kokanee13
11-30-2010, 07:19 AM
It's not going to look anything like that I hope. Got rid of the strut bar too? I won't be selling mine for a while.

Wintermute
11-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Looks boring. Honestly, unless they change it before production I dont think anyone will be in a hurry to ditch their WK SRT.

idealrides
11-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Looks boring. Honestly, unless they change it before production I dont think anyone will be in a hurry to ditch their WK SRT.

:banana_hitit:

I've had mine for almost 5 years. First four years were great, now I've had nothing but problems. Transfer case is the latest issue that even my Jeep dealer can't fix. Combined with that bad roads where I live, I can't wait to get the new SRT with it's new suspension and upgraded interior. Sure, right now it looks a little like a buick rendezvous from the outside, but I'm sure the final SRT product will be a little meaner looking... and it always takes time for a new bodyshape to grow on people.

barho
12-02-2010, 05:18 PM
finally some decent shots of the new SRT...

That is a test mule and those photos have been out for quite sometime now (there are newer phtos that show the SRT bumper). It won't look anything like these photos, as that is an Overland with a 392 in the bay and some 06-10SRT wheels

idealrides
12-02-2010, 05:36 PM
That is a test mule and those photos have been out for quite sometime now (there are newer phtos that show the SRT bumper). It won't look anything like these photos, as that is an Overland with a 392 in the bay and some 06-10SRT wheels

Oh you mean these (http://tpiwwp.ytmnd.com/) pictures?

ernest
12-05-2010, 02:08 PM
idealrides- That was a great reply. I cant wait for some photos and more info for the 12.

cyanideg
12-08-2010, 03:28 PM
2012 Grand Cherokee (includes WKJeeps.com exclusive advance info)
http://www.wkjeeps.com/2012/2012_wk_srt8_001s.jpg (http://www.wkjeeps.com/2012/2012_wk_srt8_001.jpg)

Production startup July 2011
Sales launch: September 1, 2011
All-new 2nd generation SRT8 model (new 6.4L Hemi, estimated 475 hp/460 torque)
SRT8 premiere: NY Auto show April 20, 2011

NJKen
12-08-2010, 04:01 PM
2012 Grand Cherokee (includes WKJeeps.com exclusive advance info)
http://www.wkjeeps.com/2012/2012_wk_srt8_001s.jpg (http://www.wkjeeps.com/2012/2012_wk_srt8_001.jpg)

Production startup July 2011
Sales launch: September 1, 2011
All-new 2nd generation SRT8 model (new 6.4L Hemi, estimated 475 hp/460 torque)
SRT8 premiere: NY Auto show April 20, 2011

Sweet! I love it when new info comes out

ernest
12-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Now we need some good photos.

The power #'s are a disappointment. I was hoping for well over 500. Isn't GM putting out over 500 in the CTS-V car that they have. I thought I read 556hp.

navyavi469
12-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Now we need some good photos.

The power #'s are a disappointment. I was hoping for well over 500. Isn't GM putting out over 500 in the CTS-V car that they have. I thought I read 556hp.

480 Hp in a N/A 6.4 isn't what I would call a disappointment. Thats 75 HP/Litre.
The LS7 Z06 motor with titanium internals and purpose-built heads is only 72 HP/Litre. That represents a 4% increaes in engine power/displacement ratio against one of the most badass modern N/A motors on the market. Not too shabby.

Remember that they are building an engine that is going to go into a Jeep grand cherokee, available to the general public. It not only has to be an engine docile enough for a soccer mom to daily drive, but it also has to meet unconstitutional CAFE fuel standards to appease the tyrannical federal bureaucracy.

Despite all of these hurdles, recent chasis dyno from the 2011 Challengers have shown that the real-world numbers from this new Hemi is around 505-515, with PLENTY left on the table in terms of tunable performance and bolt-on power adders.

With exhaust and top-end bolt-on modifications you could theoretically push 600 naturally aspirated horseower out of the stock block, and still have the road manners of a cadillac, I'd say thats pretty damn amazing. :cool:

Dr.Steve
12-08-2010, 05:34 PM
^^^I'm with Winston :D

ernest
12-08-2010, 06:22 PM
All I'm saying is if they/we want the SRT to run with the European fast SUV'S they need to be at 500 or more. The new grand weighs more than the 2010 and is only 75hp more. My guess is the 2012 SRT will sticker over 50K .

I guess I'm gust unrealistic!!!

Masari.Jones
12-08-2010, 10:35 PM
[quote]"480 Hp in a N/A 6.4 isn't what I would call a disappointment. Thats 75 HP/Litre.
The LS7 Z06 motor with titanium internals and purpose-built heads is only 72 HP/Litre. That represents a 4% increaes in engine power/displacement ratio against one of the most badass modern N/A motors on the market. Not too shabby."[quote]

Actually these numbers are very disappointing especially from a 6.4 liter engine. For example, look at the new Mustang 5.0 V8, it produces 400 HP in base form and will produce 440 HP in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302. All this from a 5.0 liter V8. The Challenger has not been selling as well as the Mustang or Camaro and Dodge needed to do something special, 475 HP is not. In addition, Dodge needs to cut 300-400 pounds from the Challenger for it to be competitive with the Ford and Chevy. If you're going to produce a car that 500lbs heavier it better have a lot more HP. Unfortunately the Challenger does not. Even the 5.7 liter R/T version is now grossly underpowered compared with the comparably priced Mustang GT and Camaro SS.

pantheman75
12-09-2010, 08:37 AM
My guess is the 2012 SRT will sticker over 50K.

Possibly with every single available option on it... but I doubt it's base price will be over 50K.

Wintermute
12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Not sure if the LS7 is a fair comparison. That mill is built light, Ti rods, alumimum heads and block, sodium filled valves.

navyavi469
12-09-2010, 02:55 PM
[quote]
Actually these numbers are very disappointing especially from a 6.4 liter engine. For example, look at the new Mustang 5.0 V8, it produces 400 HP in base form and will produce 440 HP in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302. All this from a 5.0 liter V8. The Challenger has not been selling as well as the Mustang or Camaro and Dodge needed to do something special, 475 HP is not. In addition, Dodge needs to cut 300-400 pounds from the Challenger for it to be competitive with the Ford and Chevy. If you're going to produce a car that 500lbs heavier it better have a lot more HP. Unfortunately the Challenger does not. Even the 5.7 liter R/T version is now grossly underpowered compared with the comparably priced Mustang GT and Camaro SS.

And here we go...

Lets start comparing apples to apples. The "HP" number from any manufacturer spec or dynograph represents one thing, and one thing only, a peak on a curve, a tangential point of derviatve reversal from increaseing to decreasing. The HP is not even measured on a dyno, its calculated, as a function of wheel torque and engine RPM. Torque is what's being measured by that dynomometer wheel, not HP. Looking at Peak HP is like picking 1 number on a time-slip and saying "thats everything I need to know about how fast the car is"... ludicrous logic.

Lets look at the published specs of the 5.0:

Displacement: 302 cu in, 4951 cc
Power (SAE net): 412 bhp @ 6500 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 390 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm

Unfortunately I don't have the RPM-specific specs of the 392 to compare, but I can guarantee its not spinning 6500rpms to achieve that peak number. The only way to truely compare the two engines is to overlay engine dynographs and see how much energy the two engines are putting out at various rpm bands.

Bottom line is that a DOHC engine that has to spin incredibly fast to make a peak number isn't what throws you back in your seat, its not what shreds rubber at the line, and its certainly not what will win races. The area under the torque curve is what will tell the story of how ass-kickingly fast a car is, the amount of "usable power" you have under your foot.

The 392 Hemi will CRAP ALL OVER the 5.0 Ford, so I think you'd have a better time comparing it to the SC 5.4L if you wanted a more adequate comparison. There's nothing remotely about a small DOHC engine that has to rev high and make spit out a weak peak #.

As to your reference about the weight of the Challenger, its not even in the same class as the Mustang, OR the Camaro. The Challenger was, and still is today, a Muscle Car, a misnomer incorrectly applied to Mustangs and Camaros. A muscle car is a full-sized family mobile with a full-sized back seat, luggage space for 4, and a massive (typically big-block) V8 under the hood. CArs in this class would inclue the Chevelle, Impala, GTO, etc. The mustang is not, neither is the "little friend" El Camaro. They are pony cars. So when you demand a weight reduction, how about demanding a capability reduction as well. If you want a full sized vehicle like a Challenger or Charger that will fit the family, that also hauls ass, then buy one. If you want a "I'm single and 24 years old with a goatee" car with virtually no back seat, and about enough room in the boot for you and your scrub friend for one weekend, get a pony car. They are different classes of car for a reason.

1BAMFR
12-09-2010, 03:08 PM
[quote=Masari.Jones;671379]

And here we go...

Lets start comparing apples to apples. The "HP" number from any manufacturer spec or dynograph represents one thing, and one thing only, a peak on a curve, a tangential point of derviatve reversal from increaseing to decreasing. The HP is not even measured on a dyno, its calculated, as a function of wheel torque and engine RPM. Torque is what's being measured by that dynomometer wheel, not HP. Looking at Peak HP is like picking 1 number on a time-slip and saying "thats everything I need to know about how fast the car is"... ludicrous logic.

Unfortunately I don't have the RPM-specific specs of the 392 to compare, but I can guarantee its not spinning 6500rpms to achieve that peak number. The only way to truely compare the two engines is to overlay engine dynographs and see how much energy the two engines are putting out at various rpm bands.

Bottom line is that a DOHC engine that has to spin incredibly fast to make a peak number isn't what throws you back in your seat, its not what shreds rubber at the line, and its certainly not what will win races. The area under the torque curve is what will tell the story of how ass-kickingly fast a car is, the amount of "usable power" you have under your foot.

The 392 Hemi will CRAP ALL OVER the 5.0 Ford, so I think you'd have a better time comparing it to the SC 5.4L if you wanted a more adequate comparison. There's nothing remotely about a small DOHC engine that has to rev high and make spit out a weak peak #.

As to your reference about the weight of the Challenger, its not even in the same class as the Mustang, OR the Camaro. The Challenger was, and still is today, a Muscle Car, a misnomer incorrectly applied to Mustangs and Camaros. A muscle car is a full-sized family mobile with a full-sized back seat, luggage space for 4, and a massive (typically big-block) V8 under the hood. CArs in this class would inclue the Chevelle, Impala, GTO, etc. The mustang is not, neither is the "little friend" El Camaro. They are pony cars. So when you demand a weight reduction, how about demanding a capability reduction as well. If you want a full sized vehicle like a Challenger or Charger that will fit the family, that also hauls ass, then buy one. If you want a "I'm single and 24 years old with a goatee" car with virtually no back seat, and about enough room in the boot for you and your scrub friend for one weekend, get a pony car. They are different classes of car for a reason.

LMFAOOOOOOOO:eek::D:D:D:D:D

Gotta love Winston!!!!!!!!!

pjs1965
12-09-2010, 03:13 PM
[quote=Masari.Jones;671379]

And here we go...

This post is classic! Perfect analysis with forthright commentary yet just enough 'smack down' to be worth the read :D Great job Winston.

mklaus
12-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Winston that made my day.

CentralTexHemi
12-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Winston how dare you call my friends scrubs and I like ponies.

CentralTexHemi
12-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Ma the meatloaf, where is the meatloaf?

CentralTexHemi
12-09-2010, 03:41 PM
where the heck did the edit button go?

ernest
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
But wait WINSTON you forgot to talk about our friends on the other side of the pond and what they offer in the same size and platform. WITH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! power

datruodb@yahoo.com
12-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Point is Chrysler builds crap cars and we all know this because we ALL own one!

navyavi469
12-09-2010, 04:44 PM
But wait WINSTON you forgot to talk about our friends on the other side of the pond and what they offer in the same size and platform. WITH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! power

I'm assuming you're talking about the BMW M5, Mercedes C63, and Audi R8... or possibly one of their uber-SUV's pushing the upper 500hp mark.

Yeah for 3 times the price, I'd expect 3 times the car, but thats now what you get, you get an overpriced euro-tank with a really cushy interior thats marginally faster than the Jeep and considerably heavier with very little additional room. Its not like the electroncis are any better either, their versions of Uconnect/MyGig/Nav/DVD/Sat aren't any more capable than what you'd find in a $35,000 American or Japanese car. I guess you're just paying for real leather, instead of pleather, and a flashy hood piece that says "You'z a Ballah". With their IRS's they're probably much better in the corners, and since most of them do have adjustable suspension, its probably a nicer ride.. (wait, doesn't the Limited already have air adjustable ride height, multiple driving modes, etc etc).

Granted the Euro's do have better fit and finish, finer quality materials, but since the entry price buffers at the $100,000 range, I'll stick with my measly Jeep SRT8, well equipped with every electronic gadget I could want, heated and cooled seats, rear entertainment for the kids.

Remember when the SRT8 jeep came out, everyone looked at the numbers and weight and said... "no way is that going to compare to a ML55 AMG, Cayenne-S, Cayenne-Turbo, etc).. well guess what, with a little good-old "gearing" ala the NV146 transfer case, and some low-end grunt from that "archaic" pushrod V8 they like to make fun of, it spanked those two euro-farts off the line so hard it looked like they were in reverse, and it did it for around $41,000, when the later-two were asking $85,000 and $105,000 respectively with base-model options.

My guess is that once again, the WK2 SRT8 will deliver Turbo-S and X6M performance for around the $50K mark. Just my .02.

Masari.Jones
12-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Possibly with every single available option on it... but I doubt it's base price will be over 50K.

It'll be very close to $50K if not over it. The fully loaded 2010 is over $49K. It would be a nice surprise if Chrysler actually lowered or kept the price flat... we'll have to wait and see.

Masari.Jones
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM

I don't disagree with you... but can't say HP doesn't matter. For most consumers it's all about the HP numbers. You know that, I know and the manufacturers know that. That's why manufacturers tout HP numbers. 500 HP is a major milestone number in the minds of consumers and Dodge really needed to hit the figure to give the Challenger a boost.

Like it or not, agree or disagree, the Challenger is and will continue to be compared with the Mustang and Camaro. Chrysler know that and if they do not want to continue to be outsold 2 to1 by Ford and Chevy, they'll need to do something about weight, HP, and the interior of the Challenger. The exterior is the one thing they did absolutely right!!

Getting back to the Jeep (since this is a Jeep forum), I'm not really that excited or motivated to upgrade my current GCSRT8 when the new one becomes available. 500HP would have gotten me more excited about the next GCSRT8. Again, I'm only speaking for myself, others I'm sure feel differently.

Masari.Jones
12-09-2010, 05:18 PM

I don't disagree with you... but you can't say HP doesn't matter. For most consumers it's all about the HP numbers. You know that, I know that, and the manufacturers know that. That's why manufacturers tout HP numbers. 500 HP is a major milestone number in the minds of consumers, and Dodge really needed to hit that number to give the Challenger a boost.

Like it or not, agree or disagree, the Challenger is and will continue to be compared with the Mustang and Camaro. Chrysler knows that, and if they do not want to continue to be outsold 2 to1 by Ford and Chevy, they'll need to do something about weight, HP, and the interior of the Challenger. The exterior is the one thing they did absolutely right!!

Getting back to the Jeep (since this is a Jeep forum), I'm not really that excited or motivated to upgrade my current GCSRT8 when the new one becomes available. 500HP would have gotten me more excited about the next GCSRT8. Again, I'm only speaking for myself, others I'm sure feel differently.

navyavi469
12-09-2010, 05:21 PM
You're not being "more excited" because they don't publish a 500 peak hp figure?

A) Testing has showin that in reality, the 392 is actually well over 500hp at the crankshaft. So, yes, it is a 500hp Jeep.

B) Any number of Cheap mods will push you to 550hp and beyond.

The only one who 'wont' have 500hp is you, becuase you'll still have the Jeep you have now becuase you weren't excited by the published number of the new one.

Its not the Challenger that will be compared to the Mustang/Camaro, its the Mustang/Camaro that will be compared to the challenger. You might say I'm just slicing the pie in a different direction, but I say it like this because Ford and Chevy just don't have an entry in the muscle car category right now, so instead of going up a notch to the ZR1 or Ford GT, they take the ridiculous road of comparing to bigger, heavier vehicles to make themselves look better.

Masari.Jones
12-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry about the duplicate posts.... is there a way to edit or delete posts?

Masari.Jones
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
We'll agree to disagree... I can see you're very passionate about this.

ernest
12-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't disagree with you... but you can't say HP doesn't matter. For most consumers it's all about the HP numbers. You know that, I know that, and the manufacturers know that. That's why manufacturers tout HP numbers. 500 HP is a major milestone number in the minds of consumers, and Dodge really needed to hit that number to give the Challenger a boost.

Like it or not, agree or disagree, the Challenger is and will continue to be compared with the Mustang and Camaro. Chrysler knows that, and if they do not want to continue to be outsold 2 to1 by Ford and Chevy, they'll need to do something about weight, HP, and the interior of the Challenger. The exterior is the one thing they did absolutely right!!

Thats where I am. Dont misunderstand . I like the SRT. I had a 2008 and a 2010. I plan to get a 2012 "even with 475hp" for the $$$ its the best thing around. I only wish it was over 500hp. If for nothing more than the feeling of winning the HP war. I am done with aftermarket parts. I want an off the shelf power house. Thats the same reason I drive a wrangler rubicon, I wanted the off the shelf ultimate 4x4

navyavi469
12-09-2010, 06:34 PM
So what your'e telling me, is becuase the little badge on the quarter panel says "500hp", it makes worth buying, regardless of how many horsepower is actually under the hood.

I see....

If you'd like I can have Squigmang make you a "500hp" sticker and you can just go buy a V-6 Grand Cherokee.

ernest
12-09-2010, 06:53 PM
So what your'e telling me, is becuase the little badge on the quarter panel says "500hp", it makes worth buying, regardless of how many horsepower is actually under the hood.

I see....

If you'd like I can have Squigmang make you a "500hp" sticker and you can just go buy a V-6 Grand Cherokee.

Really!!!! Are you that dumb or are you trying to be funny??? I felt that the last few posts from you were of value. This last one has made me re-think.

As to a V6 SRT . If it made 500hp, I would buy it depending the price. The SRT package is very nice. The SRT neon was fast and that was only a 4 banger, but it was still a Neon.

Sorry I'm very much into the fast SUV and diesel truck market. There is a huge HP war with diesel's and has been for the last 8 years. I feel if the SRT was only an appearance package there wouldn't be forum's just for the SRT. Most people that own an SRT bought it for the engine/HP.
Thanks for reading..... I'm done. :fight: Can't wait to see some 2012 SRT photos!!!

mklaus
12-09-2010, 06:58 PM

I see....

liquid domes as well:p

CentralTexHemi
12-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Am I the only one that is missing the EDIT button on their posts?

Inferno SRT8
12-09-2010, 09:55 PM

Nope its gone in certain sections of this forum, weird..

navyavi469
12-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Come to think of it, mine are gone too... weird. Call Rambit.

cyanideg
12-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Stay on topic?

datruodb@yahoo.com
12-10-2010, 08:44 AM
IF the vehicle REALLY had 500hp at the crank they would post it. Hypothetically speaking what is the motive for them to "underrate" the #'s? NONE. There is no motive for them to do that, and if anything it's overrated. Just as GM and Ford does. No different than football players lie about their weight/height on the roster.

jntdysf
12-10-2010, 09:01 AM

It's an Administrator-Moderator only start-edit section.

a-kon
12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Hypothetically speaking what is the motive for them to "underrate" the #'s? NONE.

Wrong. There is a lot of motive to underrate. Porsche has done it for decades.

1. Underrating throws competition off. HP wars are very straightforward. Why publicly announce your intentions and give your competitor ample time to develop a solution? Instead, act as if you have nothing to hide, underrate your motor, and give them competition a false target/false sense of security.
2. It can possibly have an effect on insurance rates.
3. Other cool reasons I haven't even thought of

badasssrt8
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
3. Other cool reasons I haven't even thought of

LMAO

Wintermute
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
IF the vehicle REALLY had 500hp at the crank they would post it. Hypothetically speaking what is the motive for them to "underrate" the #'s? NONE. There is no motive for them to do that, and if anything it's overrated. Just as GM and Ford does. No different than football players lie about their weight/height on the roster.

Ford has underated the svt cobra going back to '01. By a goodly amount too.

mlarco52
12-10-2010, 10:10 AM
the argument over the 500hp is still contuning and under/over rating lol...isn't the dyno results from the 6.4L srt8 challenger enough to prove the new 6.4L is well over 500hp?

datruodb@yahoo.com
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
people ALWAYS buy based on the #'s and the HP is a HUGE factor. The better the #'s = more in sales. The more the company makes. NO MOTIVE FOR SAYING IT'S UNDER THE MARK!

smoove7410
12-10-2010, 05:37 PM
^Exactly, numbers....like 0-60, 1/4 mile.

datruodb@yahoo.com
12-10-2010, 10:53 PM
^Exactly, numbers....like 0-60, 1/4 mile.

Thanks "pal" u just helped validate me. So when u want to get a better 0-60 or et in the 1/4 what do u do? Thats right! You up the hp! So once again THERE IS NO MOTIVE TO UNDERRATE the #'s. I bet ur probably a conspiracy theorist too huh!?

smoove7410
12-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks "pal" u just helped validate me. So when u want to get a better 0-60 or et in the 1/4 what do u do? Thats right! You up the hp! So once again THERE IS NO MOTIVE TO UNDERRATE the #'s. I bet ur probably a conspiracy theorist too huh!?

While additional hp is fine and dandy, torque is what is going to get you to 60 faster "pal." You are a bench racer.."Well, I got 500 horse, yeeehaaaaaaawwwwww!" LOL No one, but a bench racer, gives a flying **** about stated horsepower. Real Car guys care about PERFORMANCE NUMBERS. Additionally, they could state is has 200 hp for all I care. As long as it performs and has the umph, then whatever they want to write on paper is fine with me.

You are obviously not too quick "pal." The same engine has been dynoed at OVER 500 hp at the crank. Who cares if they say it is 470?

datruodb@yahoo.com
12-11-2010, 08:47 PM
BAHAHAHAHA!!! Since when did HP not classify as a "performance number"? I do see a point of yours, however ALL numbers are important in your "umph" factor including that little thing called drag coefficient.

Three Oh Diesel
12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
people ALWAYS buy based on the #'s and the HP is a HUGE factor. The better the #'s = more in sales. The more the company makes. NO MOTIVE FOR SAYING IT'S UNDER THE MARK!

Ever heard of motor vehicle insurance?

Jeep and GTO
12-12-2010, 05:05 PM

When I bought my 71 340 Duster it was rated at 275 HP, but really had about 325 HP. At the time, 300 HP was the defining line between paying a lot for insurance, and not paying a lot.

datruodb@yahoo.com
12-12-2010, 08:08 PM

Aaaawww point taken, however I would be willing to bet that the target market for this vehicle does not really pay attention to insurance rates just for that fact. I say we should run a pole to see if insurance rates play a MAJOR contributing factor for purchase of a vehicle.

datruodb@yahoo.com
12-12-2010, 08:12 PM
While additional hp is fine and dandy, torque is what is going to get you to 60 faster "pal." You are a bench racer.."Well, I got 500 horse, yeeehaaaaaaawwwwww!" LOL No one, but a bench racer, gives a flying **** about stated horsepower. Real Car guys care about PERFORMANCE NUMBERS. Additionally, they could state is has 200 hp for all I care. As long as it performs and has the umph, then whatever they want to write on paper is fine with me.

You are obviously not too quick "pal." The same engine has been dynoed at OVER 500 hp at the crank. Who cares if they say it is 470?

If u really care about torque so much go get u a diesel then we can see who wins in the 0-60 race pal. Ever seen a diesel supercar? Those are for performance right?

gkviper192
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM
back on subject.. on news as of late on the jeep? seems like I haven't heard anything in a whileee or even a spy photo in a whileeee.. ughh

smoove7410
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
If u really care about torque so much go get u a diesel then we can see who wins in the 0-60 race pal. Ever seen a diesel supercar? Those are for performance right?

No problem....you just showed how incompitent you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMLfb_H4HQ4&feature=related

hmmm, looks like you can get pretty fast with a deisal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, a diesel super car PAL LOL!! Ever been to Europe PAL????

http://www.nitrobahn.com/news/jaguar-making-its-first-ever-diesel-sports-car-%E2%80%93-the-jaguar-xk/

And for the record, I would love a diesel.

smoove7410
12-12-2010, 10:59 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/y/you_fail-12825.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/29367/original/shipment-of-fail.jpg

http://www.248am.com/images/fail.jpg

navyavi469
12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Take your argument somewhere else, stop threadjacking.

mklaus
12-13-2010, 06:11 AM
who are all these people who I have never seen on here before asking all this nonsense and thread jacking, go away!

CentralTexHemi
12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.redletterdodge.com/2010/12/10/the-moment-of-truth/

CentralTexHemi
12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqEGv68jlQ4&feature=player_embedded

CentralTexHemi
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
From the 4 or 5 dynos they hit all over the country looks like 420/420

F-22 RAPTOR
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
who are all these people who I have never seen on here before asking all this nonsense and thread jacking, go away!

X2 Don't leave, just go away:rolleyes:

smoove7410
12-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I've been here since the start.

smoove7410
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Back on topic. On the other forum, someone mentioned side-exit exhausts a la viper are going to be utilized...should be pretty trick.

mlarco52
12-13-2010, 10:22 PM
I really hope they keep the center exhaust...not a fan of anything else on the jeep...and the side exit exhaust would look alright but creates a heck of a mess on the wheels with the smoke coming out of the exhaust

navyavi469
12-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd like to see an offset quad center exhaust with a functional trailer hitch and adjustable self-leveling air-ride suspension in the back.

smoove7410
12-13-2010, 10:35 PM
^I'm with you, however, I think it won't be center or side-exit. Rather, I think it will be in the traditional location since the mules are running the exhausts in this location. When the current JC srt8 was tested, the mules had the center exhausts, which makes sense since you are testing the powertrain.