Flying in to Check Out the Borla this weekend. [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Flying in to Check Out the Borla this weekend.

T-Time
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Just Kiddin!!

Envied and anyone checking out His new Borla "S" type this weekend.

Could you please post a thread with your thoughts.

Envied now that you've had it for a month, what do you think..

Do you ever think that it is too loud. idleing, driving, sitting at a stoplight with a cop behind you... Just a concern of mine.. Ha!

increasing 14 decibels....Wow thats got to be pretty loud..

Too late I ordered mine on Weds.

I hope the place I ordered through knows how to enter/add the part # to their system.. I should have known better the name of the place is "Car Boutique" Ya that's just what I thought, " a place for girls"..

Anyway I can't wait
Thanks for Listening,

T-Time:cool:
Chicago

ineedspots
05-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Just Kiddin!!

Envied and anyone checking out His new Borla "S" type this weekend.

Could you please post a thread with your thoughts.

Envied now that you've had it for a month, what do you think..

Do you ever think that it is too loud. idleing, driving, sitting at a stoplight with a cop behind you... Just a concern of mine.. Ha!

increasing 14 decibels....Wow thats got to be pretty loud..

Too late I ordered mine on Weds.

I hope the place I ordered through knows how to enter/add the part # to their system.. I should have known better the name of the place is "Car Boutique" Ya that's just what I thought, " a place for girls"..

Anyway I can't wait
Thanks for Listening,

T-Time:cool:
Chicago

Ive been to that place before... its just okay.

GodfatherSRT8
05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Car boutique out in Schaumburg IL??

ineedspots
05-11-2007, 01:32 PM
word!!! :)

T-Time
05-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Car boutique out in Schaumburg IL??

Same company There is one in Schaumburg and I went to the one at 5000 N Harlem.

T-Time

GodfatherSRT8
05-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Now that the weather is warming up, it would be nice to meet up. We should try to plan something.

Krush
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Same company There is one in Schaumburg and I went to the one at 5000 N Harlem.

T-Time

Ya CB is not an impressive shop. I'd have no problem buying product from them, but wouldn't trust them with anykind of custom work. That's the problem, who can you trust for custom work in Chicago?

GodfatherSRT8
05-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Krush did you ever get any work done from Zens new place??

Krush
05-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Krush did you ever get any work done from Zens new place??

I've been over to his shop 3 times, discussed thousands in work and he's never called me back. Last time I committed myself to 3 grand just in stereo work, left my number and email again, still no call. The funny thing is, the Jeep work was just to size up his shop for a much bigger project I'm going to do, and I told him this, but that still wasn't enough to get a call back. I'm done trying to give Zen my money, apparently he doesn't want it.

GodfatherSRT8
05-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Hmmm... must be really busy. I think someone else mentioned he was hard to get a hold of on here as well.

Krush
05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Hmmm... must be really busy. I think someone else mentioned he was hard to get a hold of on here as well.

I've never seen anyone in there other than employees, so I don't think it's a lack of time. I don't know, shops in AZ always managed to call me back, even when they were booked for months. I'm not saying Zen's a bad guy, just that my experience with his shop hasn't been good.

Crank
05-11-2007, 06:24 PM
The system sounds bad A$$ I can not complain. I went from the loud BB to the loud Borla. It sounds really smooth. Trust me you will like it. It is loud but it doesnt bother me, especially because I like loud. I havent had a cop behind me but in southern CA they will stop you for any exhaust so I figured might as well make it worth it.