Newbie with questions [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Newbie with questions

pato
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello, i'm new in this forum, and i like some advice. A customer just bought a GC SRT-8, and i just received the Magnaflow cat-back and the Volant air intake for his GC, problem is, this guy always wants more and more power (which is ok), i've been looking at the GSM supercharger kit, BUT... i've seen huge HP gains from other parts like cam/heads, N2O, etc, so i like to know, what are the best mods you can do considering the $7,200/100 hp gain ratio of the GSM supercharger?

pato
05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Anyone? i really like some advice...

FastSRT8GC
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Hello, i'm new in this forum, and i like some advice. A customer just bought a GC SRT-8, and i just received the Magnaflow cat-back and the Volant air intake for his GC, problem is, this guy always wants more and more power (which is ok), i've been looking at the GSM supercharger kit, BUT... i've seen huge HP gains from other parts like cam/heads, N2O, etc, so i like to know, what are the best mods you can do considering the $7,200/100 hp gain ratio of the GSM supercharger?

Heads, Cam and headers will run you about 4k and will earn you 80 +/- HP

The newly available ASM supercharger 7+k will get you 125 HP with 5-6 PSI on a stock bottom end. If he is like me he will do both!!

Go~RillaWRX
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
N20. 100 shot. Just need to switch out the plugs. Quickest/cheapest way for 100hp.

FastSRT8GC
05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
N20. 100 shot. Just need to switch out the plugs. Quickest/cheapest way for 100hp.

Depends on how often you need to fill it!!!! This would be an expensive route for me. But I am thinking of getting a 25-50 shot just to cool down things during the track days and Saturday night money makers!!

BuilderBill
05-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Depends on how often you need to fill it!!!! This would be an expensive route for me. But I am thinking of getting a 25-50 shot just to cool down things during the track days and Saturday night money makers!!
Hey....FAST whats with the Nox!!!!!!
This may change my plans now.
My JGC will be headed to the spa at ASM for the full treatment, maybe Nox now.
Bill

FastSRT8GC
05-09-2007, 01:58 PM
With the amount of heatsoak I saw at the track I know we need to cool down the intake charge especially on a FI. I am thinking just a small shot to cool it down enough.

Your summers are just as bad as mine so you may want to do it also.

awdrocks
05-09-2007, 02:34 PM
With the amount of heatsoak I saw at the track I know we need to cool down the intake charge especially on a FI. I am thinking just a small shot to cool it down enough.

Your summers are just as bad as mine so you may want to do it also.

Im using meth/water... and wont wear out your motor, and it will activate every time you go WOT.

FastSRT8GC
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Im using meth/water... and wont wear out your motor, and it will activate every time you go WOT.

I was taught that NOS will actually help clean your motor. With lower amounts and not pushing the envelope Nitrious can be very helpful. Could be wrong though.

I ran Meth/Water on my diesel, worked really well. It might be a good option. And cheaper than NOS.

Godiwant1
05-09-2007, 06:29 PM

Is that a kit or is the system home built and how much work to install?

awdrocks
05-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Is that a kit or is the system home built and how much work to install?

I have a kit from Snow Performance dot NET. I bought the Stage II MAF Kit. You guys have a MAF right? There is a kit that activates on depending on MAF volts. Ford MAF has 0-5v. You hit 5v at WOT at the higher RPM's. I guess you could almost think of it like like rpm's 0-5k. I have a module that lets me adjust it to turn on at say 3v and another nob that lets you set it so the pump is working 100% at the second stage. I have mine set at 3v and 5v. It starts to spray at 3v and progressively sprays more as I reach 5v. You just basically set it to your engines sweet spot, where your motor doesn't quench.

They also have one that activates depending on your boost level for like turbo cars.

N/A cars works off MAF volts. Turbo cars its better to use the boost contolled module, and SC positive displacement type typically go with the same MAF module. Im SC'ed with a positive displacement blower and use the MAF activated.

You will have more added benefits to meth when you are boosted.

I also have whats called a "safe injection" module. It basically protects you incase you have tuned for meth. Tuning for meth allows you to advance your timing and not degnate. Well if your tuned 4* higher and you run out of meth, could be a mess... the "safe injection" activates when no meth is running through the module, it sends a 12v signal to a silonoid and opens a passage to bleed boost. So your computer will automatically retard your timing and save your motor. But thats only if you take it as far as tuning for meth. I will be doing that.

Right now im just spraying for the added octane and cooler IAT's. It cleans the heck of your combustion chamber and cools it also, and its cheap.

On a N/A motor if you have under 9:1 compression theres not much power to gain. But if your after cooling your IAT's its a great method. Plus you have the piece of mind you are not degnating and your motor is staying clean.

I spent about $500 with all the bells and whistles. I even got a floater that will turn on a LED on my pod when im running low. The LEDS you see here on my pod are: GREAN; system activated, YELLOW out of meth. I will have my floater on the yellow LED and put a red LED for when I run out, when the red one goes on, im bleeding boost.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z115/aficachi/12aXPillarNear.jpg

Installation is pretty straight forward. It comes with detailed instructions. Not sure what a shop would charge to install it. Not much though.

Hope this helped.