Has anyone made a "Power Wire" for the IAT? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Has anyone made a "Power Wire" for the IAT?

SStampede
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
It's a resistor that goes inline with IAT.
www.airram.com/parts.php?categoryid=75

Any ideals?

Thanks.

BuilderBill
05-09-2007, 10:13 AM
www.airram.com/parts.php?categoryid=75 (http://www.airram.com/parts.php?categoryid=75)

Any ideals?

Thanks.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3128&highlight=iat+resistor
Hows that.
Bill

FastSRT8GC
05-09-2007, 12:07 PM
www.airram.com/parts.php?categoryid=75

Any ideals?

Thanks.

We tested(dashhawk) this before we put the jeep in the shop. WE were able to change the temps to where ever we needed and there was a definite difference in timing.

Thinking of a switchable unit. Because if you leave the same resistor in for too long the PCM figures out the temps never change!

9900rpm
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
We tested(dashhawk) this before we put the jeep in the shop. WE were able to change the temps to where ever we needed and there was a definite difference in timing.

Thinking of a switchable unit. Because if you leave the same resistor in for too long the PCM figures out the temps never change!

With one of these IAT resistors, does the temp reading stay constant? Like, if it's at set to 40 degrees, is it ALWAYS at 40, or will it only go UP to 40?

GotStroke?
05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
With one of these IAT resistors, does the temp reading stay constant? Like, if it's at set to 40 degrees, is it ALWAYS at 40, or will it only go UP to 40?

It stays constant.

FastSRT8GC
05-09-2007, 12:51 PM

It stays fairly exact. You may have a degree +/- depending on outside temp but it should stay the same. The other problem is you have the outside temp sensor that is the same type of sensor. Its located right behind the grill next to the passenger headlight. I am not sure if DCM made this redundant also but we changed both so they would match.

9900rpm
05-09-2007, 01:45 PM
It stays constant.

Any way we can get something that only reduces voltage or whatever the sensor reads (not an electronics major), in a way that it keeps the same overall curve?

Playing with stuff like this is always dangerous. How far can we go with this? Would the factory knock sensor react quick enough and dump fuel + cut timing to save the motor if one was to bring the IAT down too much? Faking the IAT + hot weather + bad gas = BOOM!!

I'm interested in this mod though :)

GotStroke?
05-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Any way we can get something that only reduces voltage or whatever the sensor reads (not an electronics major), in a way that it keeps the same overall curve?

Playing with stuff like this is always dangerous. How far can we go with this? Would the factory knock sensor react quick enough and dump fuel + cut timing to save the motor if one was to bring the IAT down too much? Faking the IAT + hot weather + bad gas = BOOM!!

I'm interested in this mod though :)

A few members including Builder Bill have run the IAT resistor. In the past I built a few dozen variable resistor boxes for Mustang/Cobras that worked quite well. We have knock sensors, if there's any danger, they'll pull timing and dump fuel.
That being said I'd never run it with nitrous or forced induction, purely a N/A thing.