Borla "S -Type" released [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Borla "S -Type" released

david borla
05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi,

I am pleased to alert the SRT8 community that the Borla "S-Type" exhaust for the Cherokee SRT8 has been released for sale today.

The Borla part number is 140245.

We have taken a few orders already from 21st Century Exhaust in Florida (edit) and Power Chrysler Jeep in Arizona (edit) so if you are interested please call them. I will let you know as other distributors take this part on.

Here is a link to the original development thread. You guys were a big help in this development. Thanks a lot!

(Link removed by admin)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again,

db

Go~RillaWRX
05-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Is this the same system as the one in the other thread? I am looking to get an exhaust that sounds like stock at idle and cruising, but with performance gains and louder at WOT. Any of your systems work for my situation?

timster
05-08-2007, 11:05 AM
any pics or other info? I am interested in this for sure

2KLEN4U
05-08-2007, 11:14 AM
This grrrrrreat news!!! Thanks for the heads-up guy.:)

2KLEN4U

david borla
05-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Here a jpeg of the engineering drawing of this system

barho
05-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Got a NICE quote from Marsha at 21st Century!!!!

Not really sure if I should post the quote, but if you want to know feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll be sure to clear some room right now.

Just so everyone is aware.....I think a lot of you are going to be VERY happy!!!:D

Won't be available for another 3-4 weeks, however.

HoustonSRT-8
05-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Is this the tame set-up with the 4" intercooled tips or the loud system with the 5" tips?

Go~RillaWRX
05-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Nevermind. just read the entire other thread. looks like both systems are significantly louder than stock. :( I need horsepower w/ out loudness! (damn this world and people thinking a great sounding exhaust on a hemi is unprofessional)

david borla
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Is this the tame set-up with the 4" intercooled tips or the loud system with the 5" tips?

This is the aggressive or "S-Type" system. The "touring" system will be released shortly.

Thanks for your interest.

db

HoustonSRT-8
05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Woot!!!! Now to dig up the penny jars in the backyard. :D

promo718
05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
good luck finding the penny jars, vern.

as far as the pipes go - inquiring minds still want to know how intrusive the exhaust note is inside the cabin at cruising speed.

Mango
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
PLEASE give us a soundclip. You will sell more systems with a high quality recording.

Jred22
05-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Nevermind. just read the entire other thread. looks like both systems are significantly louder than stock. :( I need horsepower w/ out loudness! (damn this world and people thinking a great sounding exhaust on a hemi is unprofessional)

I looking for a system too that isn't too loud. I would love i nice tuned sound to it.

blu04srt4
05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
The systems are for sale right now, but we dont have any sound clips or hp/tq gains?

david borla
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
The systems are for sale right now, but we dont have any sound clips or hp/tq gains?

We will have dyno figures soon. We need to test a bone stock vehicle in order to get true numbers.

As far as sound clips go, here is our position. From the FAQ's section of our website at http://borla.com/faqs/#15

Q. Why don't you have sound clips on each of your part numbers?

We really wish we could just package a sound sample in a box like little shampoo bottles or the cologne ads in magazines -- you know, the ones where you pull apart the page and get to actually smell it. But the nature of our product is such that this is not possible.

Although we have posted a few sounds on our website homepage, it's really a disservice to the actual sound quality of our products because they sound so much better in person - no matter what kind of computer speakers you have.

Recorded with a microphone. There are thousands of different microphones available and they all sound different from one another. Record the same system, on the same car, with different microphones and the sound will be different. Variables of condenser mics, dynamic mics, large capsules, small capsules, tubes etc. will all affect the sound you hear on playback. Are you looking to compare microphones or an exhausts?

A compressed sound file - Sound files are normally compressed for web pages and this drastically changes the sound.

Played back through a speaker - Similar to the microphone issue listed in item #1, there are a wide variety of speakers available and they all sound different. The difference in speakers will completely change the sound you hear on playback. Add a subwoofer and it's even less of a true replication of what you will experience after you have installed a Borla on your vehicle.

We wouldn't recommend making your buying decision by listening to sound clips on the web. It's like deciding who has the best tomato sauce by recreating the smell they emit with scratch-and-sniffs. There is no substitute for tasting it.

When you hear an exhaust in person, there are certain physical properties of sound that are impossible to recreate with a sound file, such as vibration through the ground and into your inner ear. The sound you hear from our Corvette exhaust, for example, is not just what comes out of the tailpipe. It's rather a combination of sounds coming from the tailpipe tip, the engine, reflections off the ground, resonance of the cabin -- even the reverberation of sound through your body affects what you hear through your inner ear. You can't recreate all of these variables over the Internet, yet they all affect the sound experience of your exhaust. Therefore, whatever you hear over cyperspace cannot be an accurate replication of what you will hear when you install it on your Vette for real. If you're as critical of sound as we are, this is unacceptable.

Borla Performance strives for opportunities to match up against the competition in real world settings because, after nearly 30 years of success and customer feedback, we have a very good idea of what our customers are looking for.

Although it's fun (and certainly easy) to surf the web and listen to sound clips, we wouldn't recommend using this as your final decision.

david borla
05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I looking for a system too that isn't too loud. .

Borla will be releasing a "touring" system shortly that will fit your needs. It will be much more reasonable than the system reffered to in this thread.

This particular thread refers to our "S-Type" system which is VERY aggresive. In fact it may even be illegal for street use in your state. Please check your local laws as this system is over 95dbs.

Again, will have dyno figures soon.

EX-SVTMAN
05-08-2007, 02:30 PM
We will have dyno figures soon. We need to test a bone stock vehicle in order to get true numbers.

As far as sound clips go, here is our position. From the FAQ's section of our website at http://borla.com/faqs/#15

We really wish we could just package a sound sample in a box like little shampoo bottles or the cologne ads in magazines -- you know, the ones where you pull apart the page and get to actually smell it. But the nature of our product is such that this is not possible.

Although we have posted a few sounds on our website homepage, it's really a disservice to the actual sound quality of our products because they sound so much better in person - no matter what kind of computer speakers you have.

Recorded with a microphone. There are thousands of different microphones available and they all sound different from one another. Record the same system, on the same car, with different microphones and the sound will be different. Variables of condenser mics, dynamic mics, large capsules, small capsules, tubes etc. will all affect the sound you hear on playback. Are you looking to compare microphones or an exhausts?

A compressed sound file - Sound files are normally compressed for web pages and this drastically changes the sound.

Played back through a speaker - Similar to the microphone issue listed in item #1, there are a wide variety of speakers available and they all sound different. The difference in speakers will completely change the sound you hear on playback. Add a subwoofer and it's even less of a true replication of what you will experience after you have installed a Borla on your vehicle.

We wouldn't recommend making your buying decision by listening to sound clips on the web. It's like deciding who has the best tomato sauce by recreating the smell they emit with scratch-and-sniffs. There is no substitute for tasting it.

When you hear an exhaust in person, there are certain physical properties of sound that are impossible to recreate with a sound file, such as vibration through the ground and into your inner ear. The sound you hear from our Corvette exhaust, for example, is not just what comes out of the tailpipe. It's rather a combination of sounds coming from the tailpipe tip, the engine, reflections off the ground, resonance of the cabin -- even the reverberation of sound through your body affects what you hear through your inner ear. You can't recreate all of these variables over the Internet, yet they all affect the sound experience of your exhaust. Therefore, whatever you hear over cyperspace cannot be an accurate replication of what you will hear when you install it on your Vette for real. If you're as critical of sound as we are, this is unacceptable.

Borla Performance strives for opportunities to match up against the competition in real world settings because, after nearly 30 years of success and customer feedback, we have a very good idea of what our customers are looking for.

Although it's fun (and certainly easy) to surf the web and listen to sound clips, we wouldn't recommend using this as your final decision.

I'd be happy to lend my bone stock Jeep for the dyno numbers here in fla. shoot me a pm if you like Mr. Borla :)
EX-SVTMAN

david borla
05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Here's a pic.

Mango
05-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Alrighty then, thanks for the detailed response.

I certainly don't doubt the quality of your products, used them many times on various cars and loved them. It would still be nice to have SOME sort of sound clip to get a general idea.

For example, I listened to the Zoomers, B&B, and Corsa before buying. I chose the Corsa because I liked the sound of it, which I played back through soundclips on the internet. I was happy with my purchase. *shrugs*

david borla
05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Alrighty then, thanks for the detailed response.

I certainly don't doubt the quality of your products, used them many times on various cars and loved them. It would still be nice to have SOME sort of sound clip to get a general idea.

For example, I listened to the Zoomers, B&B, and Corsa before buying. I chose the Corsa because I liked the sound of it, which I played back through soundclips on the internet. I was happy with my purchase. *shrugs*

Eric might have posted something on youtube. Lemme check......

barho
05-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Please check your local laws as this system is over 95dbs.

Looks like I'm out!!!

Straight from the PA Code:

TABLE 1
Maximum Permissible Sound Level Readings (decibel (A))
Highway operations test

soft site 35mph or less = 86db
soft site 35mph or more = 90db
hard site 35mph or less = 88db
hard site 35mph or more = 92db

I have NO idea what "soft site" and "hard site" means :confused:

david borla
05-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Looks like I'm out!!!

Straight from the PA Code:

TABLE 1
Maximum Permissible Sound Level Readings (decibel (A))
Highway operations test

soft site 35mph or less = 86db
soft site 35mph or more = 90db
hard site 35mph or less = 88db
hard site 35mph or more = 92db

I have NO idea what "soft site" and "hard site" means :confused:

Glad you checked. We will have the "touring" system available soon if that is of any interest to you?

Thanks,

db

promo718
05-08-2007, 03:21 PM
is there one place that lists the limits for all states?

Jred22
05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Borla will be releasing a "touring" system shortly that will fit your needs. It will be much more reasonable than the system reffered to in this thread.

This particular thread refers to our "S-Type" system which is VERY aggresive. In fact it may even be illegal for street use in your state. Please check your local laws as this system is over 95dbs.

Again, will have dyno figures soon.

I realize you don't have any dyno numbers, however is the touring system believed to provide the same performance as the S-type? Also the S-type is over 95dbs, what is the expected dbs of the touring and do you know the dbs of the stock system? Thanks in advance.

mrfreeze
05-08-2007, 04:04 PM
thats great news

david borla
05-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I realize you don't have any dyno numbers, however is the touring system believed to provide the same performance as the S-type? Also the S-type is over 95dbs, what is the expected dbs of the touring and do you know the dbs of the stock system? Thanks in advance.

The only differences between the 2 systems are the size of the mufflers and the size of the tips. In our case, all of our mufflers are free flowing so the size of the can usually only affects sound attenuation and not performance. So, to make a long story short, performance is the same.

I will have the stock db and "touring" db info tomorrow. Our engineers are already gone for the day.

Thanks for your interest.

db

HoustonSRT-8
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Good god, I'm drooling over here....

timster
05-08-2007, 05:55 PM
awe crap, I thought the s-type was the less aggressive system

Crank
05-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Everyone I will be meeting with ourzoo this weekend somewhere by pasadena if anyone wants to checkout the system. I do have the system that is now available. He is goning to help me make a sound clip. David I must say there is alot more head turing now with new system. Even the crowd at the dealer today when I got my oil changed were surprised about how good it sounded.

blown65
05-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I really dont care how loud it is outside. What I dont want is it resonating inside the cabin. Can you describe how your system sounds inside the vehicle at lets say cruising speed of 50-70mph? Is this more of a deep tone like B&B or an aggressive loud tone like Corsa is?

T-Time
05-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't care what the law is in Illinois.
I don't care if it's a little too loud when I tromp on it.
I don't care that Envied got the 1st prototype with no f-in sound clip.
I don't care what it cost.

I'm roll'in the DICE! Brother....

Borla is it....

T-Time:D

brucewayne
05-08-2007, 07:54 PM

Borla is it....

I could not have said it better myself.
It may be my neighbors new wake up alarm:D

OurZoo
05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I can't decide if I'd want the loud system or the touring system. I can handle some reasonance, but I sometimes have my little girl (7 weeks) in the GC with me and I wouldn't want it to be too overbearing. Outside, I wouldn't mind at all if I set off every car alarm I drove by. :D

MOTV8D
05-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I have been sitting around waiting since I purchased my Jeep last May, I wanted a system that was/is offensive.

I want the loudest thing I can put on the 8, and I gain performance, life doesn't get any better then this :D

How soon can I get one up here to Alaska?? We don't do sound restrictions in the Last Frontier, the louder the better.

candyman
05-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Click "start engine" http://www.hemi.com/hemi.html

squigmang
05-09-2007, 06:39 AM
whats that about?

promo718
05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
friends @ borla, can we please get this answered:

I really dont care how loud it is outside. What I dont want is it resonating inside the cabin. Can you describe how your system sounds inside the vehicle at lets say cruising speed of 50-70mph? Is this more of a deep tone like B&B or an aggressive loud tone like Corsa is?

T-Time
05-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the link... I've been looking for a wallpaper of the 6.1..Nice

T-Time:cool:

slow91
05-09-2007, 07:49 AM

Borla is it....

+1........Just go ahead and add FRONT LICENSE PLATE DELETE to my citation....:D

ernster
05-09-2007, 07:53 AM
I read that they guy said he might have posted the jeep with the exahust on Youtube. Where is the link!!!!!??????

Sheri'SRT8
05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
...And I have a bone stock vehicle not far from Oxnard if you want to do some benchmark testing...

david borla
05-09-2007, 10:28 AM

If you don't care how loud it is outside the vehicle and your main concern is a quiet cabin I would recommend the Borla "touring" system. This system is louder than stock (gathering the exact db info right now an will post in a min) with a tone that is deep, lively and forceful but still a bit mellower than the aggressive "S-Type" system.

ernster
05-09-2007, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZWQ_cD-_-0

listen

blown65
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
If you don't care how loud it is outside the vehicle and your main concern is a quiet cabin I would recommend the Borla "touring" system. This system is louder than stock (gathering the exact db info right now an will post in a min) with a tone that is deep, lively and forceful but still a bit mellower than the aggressive "S-Type" system.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you done stock vs modified db readings in cabin? I just don't want drone like my B&B had on my CTS-V.

HoustonSRT-8
05-09-2007, 11:08 AM

listen
Different vehicle entirely, so not really.

squigmang
05-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Different vehicle entirely, so not really.
that also has kooks

Mango
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM

What the hell does this mean? This does not answer a single question posted in this thread.

promo718
05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
wow, i was really looking forward to the release of this borla system, but boy it really seems like i'd be buying a cat in a bag. no sound clip, no input on cabin db levels, no performance data, no nothin..c'mon borla, step up here.

slow91
05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
wow, i was really looking forward to the release of this borla system, but boy it really seems like i'd be buying a cat in a bag. no sound clip, no input on cabin db levels, no performance data, no nothin..c'mon borla, step up here.

Probably be a little easier for them if you guys don't consistently hammer on Borla and let it be. I'd say if you are that impatient then go buy another system that has been out for a year or.......wait a few days until all of the test data has time to be analyzed. Product development doesn't come overnight.

A lot of you are only reading one post on the thread and coming to a conclusion....haven't you seen this:

Who knows....with having to wait.....he might even offer us an exclusive GROUP BUY price......

El Jefe
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Ive used many Borla systems before and nothing compares to them. Sound and appearance are top notch. I wish I could hear a sound clip online though. Isnt there someone here who has this system? Why hasnt he posted a sound clip? He would be doing a service to several members.

BTW every other Exhaust manufacturer posts sound clips on their site. Its what people want, so why not post one? Who cares what it sounds like, at least it gives them an idea of the roar.

blown65
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree slow91. I don't expect an immediate answer, but I would like those questions answered somehow. No hurt in asking the questions though, just be happy they are here answering the questions guys.

I loved my old system but there are a few things I don't want in my new one. While the loud noise was cool for the first 2 1/2 yrs on my Caddy, I just don't want the drone this go around. I love fast cars, and loud cars but inside cabin noise is actually the most important to me.

As long as the S version doesn't rattle all the damn plastic inside the truck (drone) like my old B&B did on the Caddy I'm all for it. (Pending a sound clip for tone. :) )

Group buy would be sweet also.

david borla
05-09-2007, 04:52 PM
OK here's the db info. Sorry for the delay.

Stock average - 84 dbs

Borla "Touring" average - 89 dbs

Borla "S-Type" average - 98 dbs

phenwick
05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Dave, Do you have or know the db of the stock Charger SRT? I always felt the GC stock was louder than the Charger. Just curiosity on my part and figured you would know best of anybody. If you don't have the figure handy, just disregard.

david borla
05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Dave, Do you have or know the db of the stock Charger SRT? I always felt the GC stock was louder than the Charger. Just curiosity on my part and figured you would know best of anybody. If you don't have the figure handy, just disregard.

Lemme see what I can come up with.

db

HoustonSRT-8
05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Would you like a binky to go with that wailing?

Seriously, give the guy some time. With the exception of a sound clip, David has provided us with the answers we've been looking for, if he is given the time. Besides, look at it this way, this cat-back made it to market faster than he said it would. Original estimates were 7 weeks and this made it in what? 3-4 weeks?

Hemi@last
05-09-2007, 05:34 PM
OK here's the db info. Sorry for the delay.

Stock average - 84 dbs

Borla "S-Type" average - 98 dbs

Does anyone know what the California legal limit for db is?

Jred22
05-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Can we purchase this system through Borla? I know someone here posted saying that a company wouldn't have them in stock for another 3 to 4 weeks? Anyway i could get it faster?

Rick G
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM

That sounds like crap! :(

Rick G
05-09-2007, 05:51 PM

listen

That sounds like crap to!:(

Rick G
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Stock average - 84 dbs

Doesn't seem like enough difference in dbs to make it worthwhile. :confused:

blown65
05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I believe every 3db is a sense of twice as loud. That 98 db is ALOT louder.

Where was the reading taken though?

promo718
05-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Let me get this straight..your argument is that the fact that a product is brought to market sooner than originally stated is supposed to make it OK that there's practically no 411 as to what we're spending $1400 on? That's a lot of money to spend on a couple of pipes - it is the producer's responsibility to at the very least have the specs which we can base our buying decision on. If the product's on the site and has a price tag next to it, doesn't it make sense that the specs should accompany it?

Would you like a binky to go with that wailing?

Seriously, give the guy some time. With the exception of a sound clip, David has provided us with the answers we've been looking for, if he is given the time. Besides, look at it this way, this cat-back made it to market faster than he said it would. Original estimates were 7 weeks and this made it in what? 3-4 weeks?

HoustonSRT-8
05-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Let me get this straight..your argument is that the fact that a product is brought to market sooner than originally stated is supposed to make it OK that there's practically no 411 as to what we're spending $1400 on? That's a lot of money to spend on a couple of pipes - it is the producer's responsibility to at the very least have the specs which we can base our buying decision on. If the product's on the site and has a price tag next to it, doesn't it make sense that the specs should accompany it?
No, my argument was to give the guy some time. I highly doubt that he spends his entire work day watching our message board. However, to address what you were whining about:

It's a cat-back, what kind of performance data do you want or really expect?

It has been stated numerous times that Borla does not provide specific sound clips for their products.

The decibel levels were posted this afternoon, just 1 day after the product was announced for sale.

Face it, you have no patience.

P.S. Where did you get $1400? Borla's suggested retail is $1299.99 and if anyone pays that much, they are on crack. Vendors will definitely offer a better price.

promo718
05-09-2007, 09:09 PM
go ahead and open up www.borla.com - in the middle of the page, in large block letters, you'll find written "HEAR IT NOW", a link that leads to a "sounds of borla" page where you can listen to various types of exhaust systems.

the db levels were requested from inside the cabin - there's been no response to these requests.

i called two shops in the nyc area and the two prices i got (w/ install) were 1450 and 1400.

finally, why do you feel the need to put down my posts? whoever raised you certainly did a piss poor job of instilling some basic respect for others in you. you talk that way to people in real life and at some point somebody will teach you.. the hard way.

No, my argument was to give the guy some time. I highly doubt that he spends his entire work day watching our message board. However, to address what you were whining about:

It's a cat-back, what kind of performance data do you want or really expect?

It has been stated numerous times that Borla does not provide specific sound clips for their products.

The decibel levels were posted this afternoon, just 1 day after the product was announced for sale.

Face it, you have no patience.

P.S. Where did you get $1400? Borla's suggested retail is $1299.99 and if anyone pays that much, they are on crack. Vendors will definitely offer a better price.

Dave
05-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Really interested in dyno gains. I dont think a 10-12hp would be unreasonable.

jayeepee
05-10-2007, 04:47 AM
I can't believe that we will have a hard time passing inspection with the Borla loud system since all of the Harleys that I hear on the road make way more decibels!

Dave Borla - Would it be possible to install this system with jackstands on the floor of my garage? I have installed exhaust systems like that before but don't know if your system needs the extra clearance of a lift to remove and install. Thanks.

barho
05-10-2007, 08:08 AM
promo - feel free to shoot me a PM, I got a quote for FAR LESS from 21st Century Exhausts!!!

Now, ofcourse, you will need to pay shipping and for a shop to install, but it will still be far less than $1400.

candyman
05-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Does anyone know what the California legal limit for db is?
http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/stdPAge.asp?Menu=/includes/Menu_GenInfo.htm&Body=/Geninfo/Factsheets/Vehicle_exhaust_Noise_Level_certification-Sep_2003.htm

HoustonSRT-8
05-10-2007, 09:05 AM
go ahead and open up www.borla.com (http://www.borla.com/) - in the middle of the page, in large block letters, you'll find written "HEAR IT NOW", a link that leads to a "sounds of borla" page where you can listen to various types of exhaust systems.

the db levels were requested from inside the cabin - there's been no response to these requests.

i called two shops in the nyc area and the two prices i got (w/ install) were 1450 and 1400.

finally, why do you feel the need to put down my posts? whoever raised you certainly did a piss poor job of instilling some basic respect for others in you. you talk that way to people in real life and at some point somebody will teach you.. the hard way.

Sigh....I'll respond one more time.

The sound clips listed on Borla's front page are 4 generic sound clips; one for each "type" of vehicle. They do not provide specific sound clips as I stated and has been stated on this site numerous times.

So the decibel levels that David posted yesterday (http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48873&postcount=52) are exterior and not interior? He didn't specify. Regardless, you are being really impatient about this whole thing because it was only announced for sale 48 hours ago.

You did not state the $1400 you were quoted included installation. However, I know what Barho was quoted and your price w/installation is too high.

As far as putting down your posts....if you feel that way, then that's your problem, but don't start personally attacking me because you don't like me calling you impatient, which is all I've called you. Nothing else. In fact, where did I "talk badly" to you? Nowhere.

Jred22
05-10-2007, 10:06 AM
git em! .

HoustonSRT-8
05-10-2007, 10:30 AM
git em! .
I'm not trying to "git em!". This is not meant to be a him vs. me thing. We just disagree on a subject and he seems to be taking it personal.

Jred22
05-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm not trying to "git em!". This is not meant to be a him vs. me thing. We just disagree on a subject and he seems to be taking it personal.

YEAH GIT EM!

slow91
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Sigh....I'll respond one more time.

As far as putting down your posts....if you feel that way, then that's your problem, but don't start personally attacking me because you don't like me calling you impatient, which is all I've called you. Nothing else. In fact, where did I "talk badly" to you? Nowhere.

I'll have to agree with my neighbor here.......:D

Seems like there is a lot of impatience sparked by the enthusiasm of the need for "go fast" goodies. I assure you, that pre-interweb drama boards, we had to wait a lot longer for product development and then....public access to that information.

I get tired of seeing the same questions being asked over and over.....THAT'S WHAT THE SEARCH FUNCTION IS FOR....:rolleyes:

david borla
05-10-2007, 01:09 PM
R&D Test Results: Borla "S-Type" flows up to 207 cfm more than the factory exhaust (for a total flow of 1272 cfm @ 50 H2O). This is the best indication of how the exhaust performs.

Weight Comparison: Borla "S-Type" - 45 lbs. Factory single system weights in at 73.8 lbs.

Sound: "S-Type" is 98.55 dba using SAE standard J1169 which is 14.15 dba louder than the factory exhaust

Will have dyno results soon.

Thanks again for all of your interest!

db

srt8 for me
05-10-2007, 01:56 PM
R&D Test Results: Borla "S-Type" flows up to 207 cfm more than the factory exhaust (for a total flow of 1272 cfm @ 50 H2O). This is the best indication of how the exhaust performs.

Weight Comparison: Borla "S-Type" - 45 lbs. Factory single system weights in at 73.8 lbs.

Sound: "S-Type" is 98.55 dba using SAE standard J1169 which is 14.15 dba louder than the factory exhaust

Will have dyno results soon.

Thanks again for all of your interest!

db
thanks for all your good info :)

phenwick
05-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm going to pull the plug and go with the S type. I've been hesitant to go with Corsa after having them on the Charger. I think I want to go a little more aggressive system.

Again thanks to Dave and staff for bringing this to our vehicle.

david borla
05-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all of the kind words everyone!

2 more distributors have taken on these parts.

Jegs (edit)

Summit Racing (edit)

Thanks again,

db

brucewayne
05-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for all the info!
Count me as a future customer!:D :D :D

Blown7
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
How does this system compare in performance and sound to the Borla cat back system in the Mopar Performance catalog p/n P5153453 ?

Jeff

Derwood98
05-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Mine is on order!!!:D

HoustonSRT-8
05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
How does this system compare in performance and sound to the Borla cat back system in the Mopar Performance catalog p/n P5153453 ?

Jeff
Well, for one thing, that kit is not for the GC SRT-8.

Bullet
05-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Does Borla have a Projected release date for the "Touring" system?

EX-SVTMAN
05-14-2007, 05:52 AM
I will surely get mine before X-MAS this year.... Borla is the only exhaust I would consider for my beast.

promo718
05-15-2007, 07:51 AM
bump .

Does Borla have a Projected release date for the "Touring" system?

UaeSRT
05-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Guys when do u think is a good time to place my order on it? shall i wait for dyno results ?

Bullet
05-17-2007, 09:36 PM
bump .
What ??? Bump. what are you talking about?

OurZoo
05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Bump brings the thread back up to the top.

UaeSRT
05-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Just ordered Borla S-Type exhaust they say it will take 10-15 days to deliver . Cant wait for it to get here :)

echo412
05-20-2007, 05:50 AM
what's the going rate?

UaeSRT
05-20-2007, 08:44 AM
It costed me around 1600$ shipped here.

T-Time
05-20-2007, 08:56 AM
what's the going rate?

I paid 1250.00. I think that is on the high side. But hey what are you going to do?

UaeSRT
05-20-2007, 09:23 AM
How long did they tell u that it will be ready and shipped to u ?

HoustonSRT-8
05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
I paid 1250.00. I think that is on the high side. But hey what are you going to do?

Was that installed?!

Jred22
05-21-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm planning on purchasing my Borla system soon, just wondering who's offering the best prices???

DavesSRT8
05-24-2007, 04:42 AM
Best price i've found so far is 1171.00 shipped anywhere in US

Dave
2007 GCSRT8

blu04srt4
05-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Use this link to see and hear the Corsa. I think it sounds good.
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/Mopar/GC.html

T-Time
05-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Was that installed?!
No,
Installed was going to be 80.00
And shipping was 60.00

So I think I got taken to the Cleaners.

I think the the SOB saw in my face how bad I want this thing.:cool:

T-Time

HoustonSRT-8
05-24-2007, 07:48 AM
I think the the SOB saw in my face how bad I want this thing.:cool:

T-Time

Hahahahahahaha :D

HoustonSRT-8
05-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Use this link to see and hear the Corsa. I think it sounds good.
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/Mopar/GC.html
Yes, numerous people here have that.

Dave
05-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Whats the word on the dyno?

Hemi@last
05-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Whats the word on the dyno?

OURZOO -- any update from Borla on dyno testing?

Eh2BRUTEh
05-24-2007, 03:39 PM
While I have your attention Mr. Borla could I also request you take a sound/vid clip of the dyno test and post it here? I know your position on the veracity of sound clips but since I can get clips of every other exhaust manufacturer who you compete with for this Jeep exhaust business it would be helpful to get an ear full even if it is not what I might hear in real world circumstances.

T-Time
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Mr. Borla,

Seriously, You have to be impressed that this single thread has recieved over 5000 hits in two weeks...

Thanks again for all your input, it's great to hear things right from the top.

T-Time

OurZoo
05-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I left you a message David. Monday is perfect. Let me know the time you want me there.

OurZoo
05-25-2007, 02:58 PM
No problem. Lemme know. You should try to show up to Super Sunday in Woodland Hills early this Sunday if you are able.

david borla
05-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Where is it again? Definitely want to go....also what time does it get started?

timster
05-25-2007, 04:36 PM
when is the quieter system coming out?

Thanks

OurZoo
05-25-2007, 10:14 PM
See you Sunday David, David, and possibly David. Dayum all you Davids, lol.