Hi-flow cats or off road mids? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Hi-flow cats or off road mids?

AT'sGCSRT8
05-03-2007, 10:29 PM
I am looking at getting Kooks headers but can't decide if I should get hi flow cats or go with the off road package. For all of you that have done this which offers more power and the best sound?

Grip Grip
05-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I am looking at getting Kooks headers but can't decide if I should get hi flow cats or go with the off road package. For all of you that have done this which offers more power and the best sound?

I opted for the off road version, but had to add cats or my installer wouldn't finish the job. My point is to make sure your installer will do the work before hand so you don't feel cornered.

As for power, the straight pipes should deliver a few more, but you will definately get the dreaded CEL. With the good comes the bad.

Anthony

UDLOSE
05-06-2007, 11:14 AM
:) Catless is the way to go.With my B&B the sound is awesome

GotStroke?
05-06-2007, 01:38 PM
With metallic substrate cats with the correct cell count, there's really no need to go off road, you won't lose any power at the levels we're talking about.
This is coming from someone who's always run O/R pipes until now. It's also nice not to stink like gas everytime you have to go somewhere.

slow91
05-06-2007, 01:51 PM
:) Catless is the way to go.With my B&B the sound is awesome

Only problem is law enforcement cracking down on cars with illegal/faulty emissions equipment.

I've been to a couple of meets where state troopers waited for us to leave a crowded parking lot and stopped EVERY vehicle and actually crawled under them looking for violators.....:(

That's why i'll compromise some sound/performance to keep mine legal.

GRNENVY
05-06-2007, 03:13 PM
I run the Metallic substrat cats on my 03COBRA and the car puts down over 750 at the wheels. On a 400-500 hp car normal high flows will work fine as long as the rest of the exhaust is good..

GotStroke?
05-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Only problem is law enforcement cracking down on cars with illegal/faulty emissions equipment.

I've been to a couple of meets where state troopers waited for us to leave a crowded parking lot and stopped EVERY vehicle and actually crawled under them looking for violators.....:(

That's why i'll compromise some sound/performance to keep mine legal.

Talk about ridiculous. Your tax dollars at work. :(