426 stroker updates? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: 426 stroker updates?

FLSRT8
04-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Has anyone installed a 426 stroker? Ordered mine last week. I have also ordered a nitrous kit. Shop is now researching improvments needed for the drivetrain. Should be done by mid May.

BuilderBill
04-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Has anyone installed a 426 stroker? Ordered mine last week. I have also ordered a nitrous kit. Shop is now researching improvments needed for the drivetrain. Should be done by mid May.
My 426 supercharged shortblock is complete. The completed engine should be on the dyno within 10 days, without the supercharger.

HELP please on the driveline, especially getting BOTH rear tires to spin.
Bill

FastSRT8GC
04-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Good job bill... Looks like you may get that first charger after all!!

All Driveline help is needed. Especially a front and rear LSD!!!

BuilderBill
04-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Good job bill... Looks like you may get that first charger after all!!

All Driveline help is needed. Especially a front and rear LSD!!!
My charger will be a 10 psi version for the low compression stroker. I don't think you would like to accidentally bolt that on to a stoke bottom end.:p

You will have yours up and running a couple of months before mine I bet. After the motor is run in it goes to AZ to be torn down & crank wheel replaced for the new electronics. Unfortunately, I may wind up shipping the JGC for the assembly.
Bill

FastSRT8GC
04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
My charger will be a 10 psi version for the low compression stroker. I don't think you would like to accidentally bolt that on to a stoke bottom end.:p

You will have yours up and running a couple of months before mine I bet. After the motor is run in it goes to AZ to be torn down & crank wheel replaced for the new electronics. Unfortunately, I may wind up shipping the JGC for the assembly.
Bill

OUCH:eek:
Yea, well your end result should be insane!!

Cant wait.

Mine is still in the shop, Getting the DR heads, Headers and Cam. We had valve and piston clearance issues with Little Boy cam or it was the incorrect cam. Thursday the new cam should arrive and reassembly should start! I have Ants in my pants!!!!!

BuilderBill
04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Mine is still in the shop, Getting the DR heads, Headers and Cam. We had valve and piston clearance issues with Little Boy cam or it was the incorrect cam. Thursday the new cam should arrive and reassembly should start! I have Ants in my pants!!!!!
Seems like there are a lot of cam issues that some people talk about and others choose not to for some reason. How could a vendor (part timer or not) not of warned about this combination or verify what was sent to you?
If my combination works or not I will let the others know as you and GC etc. do so it may save others from costly mistakes and needless downtime.

Please keep us informed on your engine build. What do you think about some of the knock issues the guys are posting?
Bill

FastSRT8GC
04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Seems like there are a lot of cam issues that some people talk about and others choose not to for some reason. How could a vendor (part timer or not) not of warned about this combination or verify what was sent to you?
If my combination works or not I will let the others know as you and GC etc. do so it may save others from costly mistakes and needless downtime.

Please keep us informed on your engine build. What do you think about some of the knock issues the guys are posting?
Bill

I have the dash hawk and I will monitor it.. But I like you am in the south and I will have 93octane in it 99% of the time the other times it will have 100-110! So I hope to have 0 knock issues!!

Gculver I believe has had every cam known to man. But I dont think he let anyone know what the out come was. I know he is running the hellfire now and that is what Franks Racing Cams are sending out now. For some reason either the little boy does not work with the 6.1 or the wrong cam was sent to or from Matt at DR. Either way BOTH Matt and Franks were very helpful on the phone with my shop in trying to determin what problems we were having.

I hope with this new cam all my problems are fixed. I am going through withdrawals this is my second week w/o my JEEP:(

The results better be good!!!!:o

BDNJ
04-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey guys: Small update on lockers. I have a Detroit rear locker on it's way for fitment. My shop's "Mopar connection" has sent one that might just match up. Fingers are crossed!!!:rolleyes:

Brendan

rainmaker
04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey guys: Small update on lockers. I have a Detroit rear locker on it's way for fitment. My shop's "Mopar connection" has sent one that might just match up. Fingers are crossed!!!:rolleyes:

Brendan
Nice!

When you get it post some pics, and part numbers!

Thanks

FastSRT8GC
04-25-2007, 04:16 PM

Brendan

Great News!!! At least progress is being made. Are you looking at front and rear? Me and Bill Need both!!!!

BDNJ
04-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Great News!!! At least progress is being made. Are you looking at front and rear? Me and Bill Need both!!!!

The Chrysler engineer said to try the rear and see how it goes. Believe me, I told them we needed both, but they assured me that the rear pushing together will definitely alleviate the pull on the fronts. (like we didn't know this).

I will post details as I get them. I'm thinking next week as they haven't even been seen yet.

Inferno SRT8
04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
The Chrysler engineer said to try the rear and see how it goes. Believe me, I told them we needed both, but they assured me that the rear pushing together will definitely alleviate the pull on the fronts. (like we didn't know this).

I will post details as I get them. I'm thinking next week as they haven't even been seen yet.

Killer times, what was the DA that day of your 12.5 run?

BuilderBill
04-25-2007, 05:20 PM

BDNJ,
GREAT news, amazing what can be accomplished when we all work together!
Keep us informed on your progress! It will certainly help you launch that beast.
Bill

GotStroke?
04-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Is this the one from the '07 rubicon or a different locker?

BDNJ
04-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I do not think the locker is out of a Rubicon. The fitment is very preliminary as Dana refuses to give all specs. We will be pulling my rear, measuring and seeing if the trac-lock will fit. It's definitely not just install and go at this pt. -This is as per my shop.

FastSRT8GC
04-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Why dont we get a seprate thread on this going. You can update us as you find more info out.

OH... BDNJ thanks for letting them experimenting on your rear end, not something i was IN for!! :p

BDNJ
04-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Why dont we get a seprate thread on this going. You can update us as you find more info out.

OH... BDNJ thanks for letting them experimenting on your rear end, not something i was IN for!! :p

Me neither. When they start saying things like measuring the spider gears, etc....I definitely don't feel too enthused. But.... we do need it!

I will start a thread once I have something further to offer.

Brendan

BuilderBill
04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Me neither. When they start saying things like measuring the spider gears, etc....I definitely don't feel too enthused. But.... we do need it!

I will start a thread once I have something further to offer.

Brendan
Great....Fast and I will work on the power end and you can work on getting the power to the ground.
Bill

BDNJ
04-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I'd rather work on the power too!:D But the drivetrain is vital.

BuilderBill
04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
I'd rather work on the power too!:D But the drivetrain is vital.
Dealer just called and Hemi won't be ready today...I did not realize that the PCM is an easy swap but the TCM requires half the dash to be removed as well as the steering column. Damn...hope this is worth it.
Bill

392Stu
04-26-2007, 08:37 PM

I've built 4 of them now but at this point only two are installed. The third will probablly be in late next week.