Gsm Cam Tuner [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Gsm Cam Tuner

generalconfusion
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I found out that GSM is looking for a SRT8 vehicle, located in So Cal, with a cam that may be experiencing tuning/vacuum issues. I understand the device will adjust the issues that surface once a cam is installed.

Its a direct plug in type device that get dialed in on the dyno and will solve the cam driveability issues. Please call Scott at GSM directly.

tommy25000
04-24-2007, 06:18 PM
could this possible resolve the knock sensor issue?

GSM
04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
could this possible resolve the knock sensor issue?

What knock sensor issue..?

Scott
GS Motorsports

tommy25000
04-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Scott
GS Motorsports

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3902&page=2&highlight=heads+cam

i want to do heads and a cam but i am nervous. it seem that some hardly gain anything. what will your new program do?

Grip Grip
04-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Scott
GS Motorsports

A couple weeks ago I had my Jeep dyno'd on two consectutive days on the same tank of gas. The second time is was over much lower, due in part I believe to the knock sesors. We hooked up a scanner and observed a one volt reading on the sensors at idle.

I subsequently removed the sensors, wrapped the threads with teflon tape, and reinstalled them being careful not to overtighten. I don't know if I made a difference, as I havn't had the opportunity to dyno or hook up a scanner.

Any ideas?

Day one: 400 plus HP to the wheels on a AWD mustang dyno
Day two: 370 HP to the wheels on a 2WD Dynojet dyno

cmn1
04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
A couple weeks ago I had my Jeep dyno'd on two consectutive days on the same tank of gas. The second time is was over much lower, due in part I believe to the knock sesors. We hooked up a scanner and observed a one volt reading on the sensors at idle.

I subsequently removed the sensors, wrapped the threads with teflon tape, and reinstalled them being careful not to overtighten. I don't know if I made a difference, as I havn't had the opportunity to dyno or hook up a scanner.

Any ideas?

Day one: 400 plus HP to the wheels on a AWD mustang dyno
Day two: 370 HP to the wheels on a 2WD Dynojet dyno

Are you sure its not due to using 2 different dynos? I thought they say every dyno is different. Shouldn't you dynoed at the same place to compare?

tommy25000
04-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Are you sure its not due to using 2 different dynos? I thought they say every dyno is different. Shouldn't you dynoed at the same place to compare?

he should have but dinos shouldnt be off bye over 30hp... seems crazy
I dont know this for sure but i speculate

cmn1
04-26-2007, 03:28 PM
But he used to different types of dynoes. Mustang and Dynojet. Doesn't one always read lower than the other?

tommy25000
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
But he used to different types of dynoes. Mustang and Dynojet. Doesn't one always read lower than the other?

a few people have said by this day and age they should all be re-calibrated to be pretty close.

cmn1
04-26-2007, 03:38 PM
He doesn't mention if the #s are corrected or not.

timster
04-26-2007, 04:50 PM

where exactly are the knock sensors? Seems like I have a problem with knock sensor-1 as noted by my DashHawk - what's weird is that only about 1/5 of the time does the problem cause knock retard..

Anyways, are the sensors easy to get to?

Grip Grip
04-26-2007, 05:21 PM
where exactly are the knock sensors? Seems like I have a problem with knock sensor-1 as noted by my DashHawk - what's weird is that only about 1/5 of the time does the problem cause knock retard..

Anyways, are the sensors easy to get to?

You will need a vehicle lift, skinny arms, and a lot of dexterity to get to them. There is one on each side of the block just below the headers.

Grip Grip
04-26-2007, 05:37 PM
He doesn't mention if the #s are corrected or not.

The numbers were corrected and the difference was more than 30hp, since I went from an All Wheel Drive dyno to a Two Wheel Drive dyno. AWD dyno's general show lower readings due to the additional drivetrain loss. Plus, the mustand is generally lower than the dynojet, so all this leads to much more than 30 hp.

tommy25000
04-26-2007, 05:49 PM
The numbers were corrected and the difference was more than 30hp, since I went from an All Wheel Drive dyno to a Two Wheel Drive dyno. AWD dyno's general show lower readings due to the additional drivetrain loss. Plus, the mustand is generally lower than the dynojet, so all this leads to much more than 30 hp.

thats what i thought. PLEASE FIND A FIX FOR US. we are all hoping for the best.

jumpback
03-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Check out this old thread haha, I used to go to GSM a long time ago, they dyno'd my srt charger at 417 wheel with kooks and good gas lol

Rambit
03-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Necrotizing fasciitis, the rotting of a horse that once was. Let the healing begin.

Bernie