My GSM Phenolic Spacer Install [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: My GSM Phenolic Spacer Install

Inferno SRT8
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
A few pics of my manifold off, awaiting new bolts tommorow to complete it.

A few things, you dont have to disconnect the fuel fitting to do this, just lift up the fuel rails and split them but be careful. You also dont have to remove the strut bar.

Another is the brake booster hose leave it on the rear of the manifold and remove it off the booster, much easier trust me.

Also the map sensor in the rear of the manifold, disconnect all the bolts that hold the manifold down, lift it up and bring it towards the front of the car 2 to 3 inches and then remove the electrical connector, doing it when the manifold is in place is nearly impossible and is a PITA!!!!

Also my B&G Stage 2 just arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill post more tommorow. Thanks to Erik (Hemi31) for the tech support so far your the man my friend!

kramsay1234
04-23-2007, 06:44 PM
may as well paint that block Inferno Red while you are waiting...maybe a few flames.

GotStroke?
04-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Looking good Tony.

Inferno SRT8
04-23-2007, 06:58 PM
may as well paint that block Inferno Red while you are waiting...maybe a few flames.

Dont get me started!

Looking good Tony.

Thanks, im waiting for some allen head bolts to add some bling, if I like ill use them if not I ordered regular ones also from Bolt Depot.

OurZoo
04-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Cool Tony. Waiting to see how your install goes. I have my spacers in the back of the GC right now. I also ordered my Dashhawk this afternoon as well. My wife asked me today if I think about my truck all the time? What would your answer have been?

Inferno SRT8
04-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Cool Tony. Waiting to see how your install goes. I have my spacers in the back of the GC right now. I also ordered my Dashhawk this afternoon as well. My wife asked me today if I think about my truck all the time? What would your answer have been?

I would have said no honey you are my everything, now where are my keys I need to get my daily SRT8 fix in!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and get a torque wrench for install (Ibs/inch) aluminum heads dont like being over torqued, you will strip the threads in the head way before you snap a bolt in an aluminum head. Trust me, I just retapped 2 of the bolt holes.

OurZoo
04-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Cool, good lookin out Tony.

Mango
04-24-2007, 04:51 AM
I dream of the day Tony buys a REAL CAMERA!!!!! :p

Looks great man, can't wait to read your review of how it performs. :)

SRT-8RAT
04-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Well is the B&G stage 2 worth the $ ?

BuilderBill
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I dream of the day Tony buys a REAL CAMERA!!!!!
Ok Tony...we may start a group donation for the camera...LOL
Great work, that is exactly the removal procedure I used at the drag strip.
Bill

tommy25000
04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
hows that b&g!?!?!?

Inferno SRT8
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
hows that b&g!?!?!?

Its not on yet, it should be on this weekend, I did not want to put the B&G right after the spacer install just in case of a vacumm leak etc.

And you guys with the camera comments!!! I dont carry my camera with me all the time, but always got my phone. Pics aint that bad, jeeeeeese. :D

BuilderBill
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
And you guys with the camera comments!!! I dont carry my camera with me all the time, but always got my phone. Pics aint that bad, jeeeeeese. :D
Got to give you a shot about something!;)

OurZoo
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm gonna do my spacer install this weekend fellas. I'll document and take some hi res pics for ya'll. I should also have my Dashhawk installed by this weekend as well. I'm also planning on switching to a 180 tstat in my Charger after running the one in the GC since Easter with only positive results.

OurZoo
04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Put on my spacers today with Racer X. We didn't remove the brace for install either, but it sure would have made removing and replacing the manifold easier.