Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Stock Exhaust

974 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GotStroke? 
#1 ·
Free Flowers,

I just drove around a little this morning with my windows halfway down. First time ( it's been cold and only 1000 miles).
You know taken her pretty easy stop sign to stop sign.. about 4500 to5200 rpm..
I thought the exhaust sounded pretty good...
Can anyone explain why the stock exhaust isn't optimal...
All I need is a reason, and I'm going to jump on the BORLA bandwagon...

Thanks in Advance,
T-Time
Downtown Chicago

#2 ·
T-Time said:
Free Flowers,

I just drove around a little this morning with my windows halfway down. First time ( it's been cold and only 1000 miles).
You know taken her pretty easy stop sign to stop sign.. about 4500 to5200 rpm..
I thought the exhaust sounded pretty good...
Can anyone explain why the stock exhaust isn't optimal...
All I need is a reason, and I'm going to jump on the BORLA bandwagon...

Thanks in Advance,
T-Time
Downtown Chicago

Aftermarket exhausts and those who engineer them aren't constrained by the same rules as the OEM parts. Factors like NVH, and emissions may be backshelved so to speak in trade for additional power in aftermarket setups.
While the stock exhaust does sound very mean, it's somewhat deceiving in that it is also quite restrictive. There are a few extra bends, that add additional length and restriction to the system, which do not need to be there.
As for which catback to go with, I had a Borla setup on my old 94 Cobra. It was a nice system overall, but the quality while still high, is not on par with what I've seen from Stainless Works. I've also never seen a Borla system make more power than a SWorks setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.