No "AH" tcm update available as of 4-19-07. [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: No "AH" tcm update available as of 4-19-07.

cobrakid
04-19-2007, 02:25 PM
guys, if you are anxiously awaiting a better tranny re-program, like me, we
will have to continue to hold our breath. It is not available yet to dealers.

*also see the posts in "SRT engineers have solved our hesitation problem" *

goodluck, and lets keep us --all-- posted if someone gets this.

squigmang
04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
what is this for?

BuilderBill
04-19-2007, 03:10 PM
guys, if you are anxiously awaiting a better tranny re-program, like me, we
will have to continue to hold our breath. It is not available yet to dealers.

*also see the posts in "SRT engineers have solved our hesitation problem" *

goodluck, and lets keep us --all-- posted if someone gets this.
Why the hell would the SRT engineers send me an email months ago that they have solved my transmission hesitation with the "AH" ???:mad:
I am very confused to say the least. The new TCM I have ordered is "AG" rev. I will be sending my original out for re-programming as soon as the new one is installed.
Bill

gculver
04-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Why the hell would the SRT engineers send me an email months ago that they have solved my transmission hesitation with the "AH" ???:mad:
I am very confused to say the least. The new TCM I have ordered is "AG" rev. I will be sending my original out for re-programming as soon as the new one is installed.
Bill

Bill, You could just wait till 2009 for a Mopar Performance TCM, aka Nopar Performance!!:cool:

BuilderBill
04-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Bill, You could just wait till 2009 for a Mopar Performance TCM, aka Nopar Performance!!:cool:
GC....I'm with you on the whole Nopar Performance!!!!
This thing is going to cost a small fortune to tune. I have SPECIAL ordered another PCM and TCM. The Parts Manager had to put in his secret code :confused: and make a call to Chrysler before they would release a STOCK PCM & TCM. This is getting nuts.

Then after they install the new TCM & PCM I have to send the original units all over the damn country for my '07 to have reprogrammed at an unknown price.
I would rethink my next purchase...hard to beat GM sometimes with their volume and parts availability.
UnhappyBuilderBill

oman srt8
04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
guys for what this things

need some help:):)

cobrakid
04-19-2007, 04:44 PM
.......the guy and computer site we were looking at didn't even show "AG"????

keep us posted.

BuilderBill
04-19-2007, 05:05 PM
.......the guy and computer site we were looking at didn't even show "AG"????

keep us posted. That's what the parts guy said...let me see what is actually labeled on the new TCM when it arrives.

Ronin
04-27-2007, 06:54 PM
I picked up my Jeep today from it's (unscheduled) service. I couldn't be happier with the way the dealership handled this particular hiccup. (Replaced the Front Control Module to fix air-bag, reverse sensor and 4WD CELs.)

I sat with a tech and his Starscan in my truck for basically as long as I wanted. I wanted to do two things, (1) determine once and for all that there's no reverse mirror tilt function, (there ain't on '07s, at least if they have the reverse camera, but I think that's been covered here a couple of times), and (2) determine my TCM version. We poked around for a while and there wasn't anything that really caught my attention, I need to look into the whole rear fog light thing some more...

Mine's an AG. When I asked if there was a later version, they checked and said no, so I'm inclined to believe them. Even better was they offered to help out with any Starscan tweaking whenever I'm in there for service, no charge.

Pretty sweet!

Matty

cobrakid
04-27-2007, 08:51 PM
....that's cool, some dealer people are very nice,and love performance stuff.

Maybe they came out with the "AG" very very recently, b/c my guy didn't
even show that and I watched him do it.

thanks for the update.

NitroCrzy
04-28-2007, 12:29 AM
"
I sat with a tech and his Starscan in my truck for basically as long as I wanted. I wanted to do two things, (1) determine once and for all that there's no reverse mirror tilt function, (there ain't on '07s, at least if they have the reverse camera, but I think that's been covered here a couple of times), and (2) determine my TCM version. We poked around for a while and there wasn't anything that really caught my attention, I need to look into the whole rear fog light thing some more...
"

Matty

When you were poking around in there did you happen to notice where the speed warning indicator is? Exports have this set for 120kph and god is it annoying!

Razorecko
04-28-2007, 12:32 AM
When you were poking around in there did you happen to notice where the speed warning indicator is? Exports have this set for 120kph and god is it annoying!

We dont have one. Plenty have gone 160mph and no warnings were set.:cool:

Ronin
04-28-2007, 08:06 AM

No, sorry but I didn't. You could spend hours messing around with it and only scratch the surface of the StarScan's abilities! If you're so inclined, I believe that you can buy them, but the tech told me they're were around $5K USD, and the only way they can be updated with the latest software is through a DCX dealer.

I heard on the LX cars the exports have the opposite "problem". No speed limiter on the R/Ts, which stateside are limited to 125 MPH +/-. But that's what Superchips is for :D

Matty

NitroCrzy
04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I guess the B&G thingy would probably fix me? Anyone know the latest TSB for the shifting issues on a 06? I'm due for my second service finally. :)

During the drag championships here I ran consistant 13.3's. I was so disappointed because I had done a couple of the easy mods... fan and brake snorkle... but stock I was consistant 13.2's. It could have been the weather but I was really hoping to see 12's. I ended up pulling the snorkle mod but didn't see any difference. Disabled traction control seems to break lose more which also probably accounted for the slight dip. Would leaving traction control be better in my case? Will find out during the next test & tune.....

live4skins
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I guess the B&G thingy would probably fix me? Anyone know the latest TSB for the shifting issues on a 06? I'm due for my second service finally. :)

During the drag championships here I ran consistant 13.3's. I was so disappointed because I had done a couple of the easy mods... fan and brake snorkle... but stock I was consistant 13.2's. It could have been the weather but I was really hoping to see 12's. I ended up pulling the snorkle mod but didn't see any difference. Disabled traction control seems to break lose more which also probably accounted for the slight dip. Would leaving traction control be better in my case? Will find out during the next test & tune.....

Leave traction on. Just from what I've experienced and read here. Also dont brake, release the truck. Just stomp on it! I think Tony had issues with the brake/release on the truck. Said the motor mounts arent made for it... anyway I hope this helps.

candyman
04-29-2007, 05:44 PM

This is the TSB for the shifting issues on the 06's http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_2102006.pdf