Lining up Magnaflow Exhaust... [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: Lining up Magnaflow Exhaust...

9900rpm
04-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi all. I bought the Magnaflow exhaust because I got a deal on it. Installed it this morning, and I'm having a real hard timing getting the tips to line up correctly. Does anyone have a picture of the exhaust lined up perfectly, and are there any special ways to do it? Thanks in advance.

(so far I'm liking the exhaust, but because it's new, the smell it's giving off (burnt metal/welding smell) is aweful).

ekool
04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Mine does not line up very well either, even after messing with it for a while... the smell goes away tho :)

asphaltcowboy
04-18-2007, 05:48 PM
yea mine was messed up to

Roman371
04-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi all. I bought the Magnaflow exhaust because I got a deal on it. Installed it this morning, and I'm having a real hard timing getting the tips to line up correctly. Does anyone have a picture of the exhaust lined up perfectly, and are there any special ways to do it? Thanks in advance.

(so far I'm liking the exhaust, but because it's new, the smell it's giving off (burnt metal/welding smell) is aweful).

Does Zoomer make a GCSRT application?

candyman
04-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Does Zoomer make a GCSRT application?
Sure do!!!http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/truck_suv_cat-back_jeep_cherokee_srt8.asp

HoustonSRT-8
04-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Exhaust tips are just a pain to line up period. My stock tips are pretty much even height wise, but the left tip sticks out roughly ¾" more than the right tip. :(

9900rpm
04-18-2007, 07:08 PM
It took me no time at all to get the stock exhaust off and the Magnaflow on, but trying to line it up just took forever. It's close, but still off. The left side seems to not line up as nicely as the right.

I started thinking, could the center muffler be upside down? Is there an up side and a down side? The thing sits perfectly. Just thatthe tips do not line up perfect.

Oh, and my stock exhaust didn't line up straight from the factory as well. I had to undo and redo it for them to sit straight.