(No) ESP mod? [Archive] - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

: (No) ESP mod?

Ronin
04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
On the LX Forums we have gentlemen/vendor that has come up us with his own version of a device to completely disable the ESP.

Since I thought all SRTs were capable of completely disabling it, I was a little surprised/disappointed that my Jeep couldn't, and was in the same boat as my Magnum R/T. Evidently, a few early build (LX) SRTs also can't completely disable the SRT.

I'm pretty sure it will work with our Jeeps, and I shot him a quick PM to ask if he's dealt with any yet. I'll keep anyone whose interested posted, and figured I'd pass along the link for anyone else that might be looking. Very reasonable price, quick/easy installation, reversible with no visible modifications/cutting/etc. Check it out;

NO ESP.com (http://www.noesp.com/)

FWIW,

Matty

Blown7
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
I like it well built.

Keep me posted.

Jeff

JTSRT
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
I am by no means an electrician, but it seems like the more you know the better off you are in the pocket book with the jeep. Seems like a good mod, keep us posted and thanks for the input.

Ronin
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
If I recall correctly the gentleman making these is an EE and really seems to know his stuff...

He's already working on a similar fan mod, which I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on.

I'll keep youse posted!

Matty

FastSRT8GC
04-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Whats wrong with my mod page???:(

Ronin
04-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Whats wrong with my mod page???:(

Absolutely nothing at all, and much appreciated! I think this mod falls in between DIY and paying way too much for a pretty simple mod (as you so deftly demonstrate :D ). This gentleman's mod is invisible and uses the factory switch which I thought was particular kewl...

Matty

FastSRT8GC
04-16-2007, 07:21 PM
I didnt read the whole thing. I did see its on a LX I know these have the ability to shut it off at the switch with some help. I thought that our programming was different?

I for sure can not build little circuit boards, well I could but not sure what it would do if anything:p

Ronin
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I didn't read the whole thing. I did see its on a LX I know these have the ability to shut it off at the switch with some help. I thought that our programming was different?

I for sure can not build little circuit boards, well I could but not sure what it would do if anything:p

That's the reason why I posted and reached out to them to begin with. They're willing to work with me to see if it's "do-able". When I found out that the Jeep SRT didn't completely disable the ESP like the (later) model LX SRTs and police versions do, I thought this mod would do the trick. No-ESP hasn't run across one of the LX app's where it wouldn't work, and given the similar DNA (and the fact that it evidently does work with the AWD LX's) I thought it'd be worth a shot...

We'll see here hopefully soon enough!

Matty